Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:11:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Named 4th "Greatest Metal Frontman" In Metal Edge Magazine
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Named 4th "Greatest Metal Frontman" In Metal Edge Magazine  (Read 6736 times)
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« on: March 03, 2009, 10:54:49 AM »

The 50 Greatest Metal Frontmen of All Time

1. Robert Plant (Band of Joy, Led Zeppelin, Rockestra, The Honeydrippers, Page and Plant, Strange Sensation, Alison Krauss)
2. Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden, Samson)
3. Ronnie James Dio (Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio, Heaven and Hell)
4. Axl Rose (Guns N' Roses, Hollywood Rose, L.A. Guns, Rapidfire)
5. James Hetfield (Metallica)
6. Angus Young (AC/DC) (Argue it if you don?t agree!)
7. Alice Cooper (Alice Cooper)
8. Steven Tyler (Aerosmith)
9. David Lee Roth (Van Halen)
10. Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath, Ozzy)
11. Mike Patton (Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Fant?mas, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom, Lovage, John Zorn, Kaada/Patton, Dillinger Escape Plan, Hemophiliac, Maldoror, General Patton vs. The X-Ecutioners)
12. Gene Simmons (Kiss, Wicked Lester) (Argue it if you don?t agree!)
13. Dee Snider (Twisted Sister, Desperado, Widowmaker, S.M.F.'s (Sick Mother Fuckers) )
14. HR (Bad Brains, Human Rights)
15. Rob Halford (Judas Priest, Fight, 2wo, Halford, Bullring Brummies)
16. Sebastien Bach (Madam X, Skid Row, Frameshift, Damnocracy)
17. Iggy Pop (The Stooges, The Iguanas)
18. Henry Rollins (State of Alert, Black Flag, Henrietta Collins and the Wifebeating Childhaters, Rollins Band)
19. Marilyn Manson (Mrs. Scabtree, Marilyn Manson)
20. Serj Tankian (System of a Down, Serart, Axis of Justice,)
21. Phil Anselmo (Superjoint Ritual, Christ Inversion, Down, Arson Anthem, Viking Crown, Pantera)
22. Lemmy (Mot?rhead, The Rockin' Vickers, The Head Cat)
23. Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails Pigface, Tapeworm)
24. Kerry King (Slayer) (Argue it if you don?t agree!)
25. Danzig (Misfits, Samhain, Danzig)
26. Zach De La Rocha (Rage Against the Machine, Inside Out, Hardstance, One Day as a Lion)
27. GG Allin
28. Scott Ian (Anthrax, Stormtroopers of Death, Damnocracy, Pearl) (Argue it if you don?t agree!)
29. Rob Zombie (White Zombie, Scum of the Earth)
30. Tomas Lindberg (At the Gates, Disfear, The Great Deceiver, The Crown, Skitsystem)
31. Maynard James Keenan (TexA.N.S., Children of the Anachronistic Dynasty, Tool, Green Jell?, Tapeworm, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer)
32. Gaahl (Gorgoroth, Trelldrom, Wardruna)
33. David Coverdale (Whitesnake, Deep Purple)
34. Doro (Snakebite, Warlock)
35. Greg Puciato (The Dillinger Escape Plan)
36. Vince Neil (M?tley Cr?e)
37. Wendy-O-Williams (Plasmatics)
38. Lita Ford (The Runaways)
39. Conrad Lant (Venom, Cronos, Probot)
40. Mike Muir (Suicidal Tendencies, No Mercy, Infectious Grooves)
41. Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom, Sinergy, Kyl?hullut, Impaled Nazarene)
42. Jeff Walker (Carcass, Blackstar, Brujeria, Electro Hippies)
43. Tom G Warrior (Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Apollyon Sun, Triptykon)
44. Wino (The Obcessed, Spirit Caravan, St. Vitus, Wino)
45. Joey Demaio (Manowar)(Argue it fuckers!)
46. Chuck Billy (Testament, Dublin Death Patrol)
47. Mike Monroe (Hanoi Rocks, Demolition 23)
48. Dead (Mayhem, Morbid)
49. Sakevi (GISM)
50. Till Lindemann (Rammstein, First Arsch)

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/THE-50-GREATEST-METAL-FRONTMEN-OF-ALL-TIME-19861.aspx
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:56:47 AM »

Nice!  ok

That's pretty good company. He's never high enough for my liking... but 4 is hard to bitch about.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:42:53 AM »

I wish he sang more hard rock/metal songs  Grin
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 12:00:14 PM »

What GNR song do you consider very metal?

and led Zeppelin, iggy pop etc???

nevertheless, nice. ok
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 12:09:28 PM »

If people can consider 90's Metallica metal, then they can consider AFD & Modern era-Guns metal too.
Annie
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 12:11:48 PM »

great job Uncle Axl!
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 12:15:26 PM »

i'm sorry, but this list if fucking bullshit.  number four?  yeah, right.  whoever made this list clearly has an agenda, as far as promoting dio, plant and the iron maiden guy at least.  is there an email address for the guy who made this list?  i'd like to send him a little piece of my mind.  he probably hasn't even given chinese democracy a chance yet.
Uber-Tech
Opening Act

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 12:15:56 PM »

Excellent! ok

While this is great, very happy to see it etc, I can't help noticing that some of the bands on there look suspiciously like rock bands (it takes someone with an extremely 'easy listening' kind of ear to class Whitesnake, Deep Purple and Aerosmith as metal).  I own albums by a number of the bands on this list, and am rather dismayed! I thought I was a rock fan!

If you don't believe in yourself, don't expect others to.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 12:16:23 PM »

was wondering who the fk could be above axl to make him no 4 on this list - then I saw who no 1 was   hihi  fair enough robert the plant has an incredible voice
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 12:21:50 PM »

It's a bit weird since I don't personally consider many of them as metal frontmen....

For example, Iggy Pop is metal?

Anyway, Axl's in great company.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 12:24:18 PM »

It's a bit weird since I don't personally consider many of them as metal frontmen....

For example, Iggy Pop is metal?

Anyway, Axl's in great company.

/jarmo

more like the other 49 guys on the list are in good company!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »

Wow, Mike Patton has a lot of bands...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 12:58:11 PM »

Nice ok

I don't think Dickinson should be that high on the list, though.

But...
Whatever.

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I?m gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 01:07:34 PM »

i'm sorry, but this list if fucking bullshit.  number four?  yeah, right.  whoever made this list clearly has an agenda, as far as promoting dio, plant and the iron maiden guy at least.  is there an email address for the guy who made this list?  i'd like to send him a little piece of my mind.  he probably hasn't even given chinese democracy a chance yet.

hihi  And you don't have an agenda of some kind?  I think it best if you don't send the guy a little piece of your mind.   

I was going to say that I think his placement on the list is well deserved, although some would argue the "metal" point.  Being named #4 out of 50 is a good thing. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 01:09:24 PM by lynn1961 » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

hihi  And you don't have an agenda of some kind?  I think it best if you don't send the guy a little piece of your mind. 

I was going to say that I think his placement on the list is well deserved, although some would argue the "metal" point.  Being named #4 out of 50 is a good thing. 
yup, i'd say that would just make things worse for axl and the current band Tongue
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 01:15:47 PM »

yup, i'd say that would just make things worse for axl and the current band Tongue

yeah, right.  it makes things worse to have fans that stick up for you and defend you when others try to tear you down?  i'm sorry, but if that's your idea of a friend then you must not have any friends.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 01:22:26 PM »

yeah, right.  it makes things worse to have fans that stick up for you and defend you when others try to tear you down?  i'm sorry, but if that's your idea of a friend then you must not have any friends.
are you trying to be funny?  hihi because you are  yes  how old are u dude?

btw, yeah i have no friends  no and listen to lynn below this post she's an intellegent woman
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 01:24:06 PM by CheapJon » Logged
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »

Wow, it's easy to get you going.  You do realize that, right?  That's exactly why I think you probably wouldn't be the best one to send the guy an e-mail of any kind.    

Whatever.  The topic's about Greatest Metal Frontmen.  Let's get back to that before things get out of hand, here.      
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 01:25:05 PM »

by ranking axl high, they aren't trying to tear him down.
Don't be too over defensive. Or you'll embarrass your friend.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 01:27:12 PM »

Nice

I don't think Dickinson should be that high on the list, though.

But...
Whatever.
Ever seen Maiden live? Not only does Dickenson have one of the strongest voices in rock history, but the guy brings the house down live.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: