Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 10:11:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 384562 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #340 on: March 09, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »

Just because u play last doesn't make u the headline either.

Really Van Halen would be the headliner for their fans and GNR would be the headliner for their fans. The GNR fans who didn't like Van Halen could show up later, the VH fans that don't like GNR could leave before GNR and those who are there for a great experience would stay for both.

As long as both have their own stage setting and full set I don't think it would matter

Here is an interesting Idea I have

Have Van Halen's stage set up in one end zone, Have GNR's set up in the other end zone.

Van Halen buy tickets for the Van Halen stage *so basically front row for VH would give u last row for GNR vice versa

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #341 on: March 09, 2009, 02:10:34 PM »

I think this is why tickets will be big bucks. Because if it did happen, you're talking about two headlining bands at one show, regardless of when they play. I would imagine that one of the big reasons and band would want to "headline" aside from the posturing of being the bigger band, is the bigger cut of the money.

Both bands will want their usual (headlining) dollar amount, or something slightly less due to the economy, so that means that ticket prices will be high. Timing wise, I think it would work out great though. I don't think many bands get a big thrill out of starting as late as GNR does, so VH wouldn't mind coming on around 9. Somebody a few posts earlier had it laid out perfectly actually.

Then that lets the real rock show begin at midnight, and as long as the $$ are right, I don't think anyones feelings will be hurt.
Annie
« Reply #342 on: March 09, 2009, 02:24:50 PM »

I think this is why tickets will be big bucks. Because if it did happen, you're talking about two headlining bands at one show, regardless of when they play. I would imagine that one of the big reasons and band would want to "headline" aside from the posturing of being the bigger band, is the bigger cut of the money.

Both bands will want their usual (headlining) dollar amount, or something slightly less due to the economy, so that means that ticket prices will be high. Timing wise, I think it would work out great though. I don't think many bands get a big thrill out of starting as late as GNR does, so VH wouldn't mind coming on around 9. Somebody a few posts earlier had it laid out perfectly actually.

Then that lets the real rock show begin at midnight, and as long as the $$ are right, I don't think anyones feelings will be hurt.
Sounds good to me!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #343 on: March 09, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »

Sounds good to me!

I bet even VH fans would say the same.
Annie
« Reply #344 on: March 09, 2009, 03:50:49 PM »

Sounds good to me!

I think I became less of a VH fan when I heard that Eddie and Valerie Bertinelli had a very unhappy marriage from the beginning. I thought they were a perfect couple and I have to admit that I wish she had kept the truth to herself. It was really depressing. Also David Lee Roth looks really bad these days. I can't believe somebody who was as vain as him could let himself go so badly.
Annie
« Reply #345 on: March 09, 2009, 03:52:42 PM »

Just because u play last doesn't make u the headline either.

Really Van Halen would be the headliner for their fans and GNR would be the headliner for their fans. The GNR fans who didn't like Van Halen could show up later, the VH fans that don't like GNR could leave before GNR and those who are there for a great experience would stay for both.

As long as both have their own stage setting and full set I don't think it would matter

Here is an interesting Idea I have

Have Van Halen's stage set up in one end zone, Have GNR's set up in the other end zone.

Van Halen buy tickets for the Van Halen stage *so basically front row for VH would give u last row for GNR vice versa

Is that possible?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #346 on: March 09, 2009, 04:11:26 PM »

Sounds good to me!

I think I became less of a VH fan when I heard that Eddie and Valerie Bertinelli had a very unhappy marriage from the beginning. I thought they were a perfect couple and I have to admit that I wish she had kept the truth to herself. It was really depressing. Also David Lee Roth looks really bad these days. I can't believe somebody who was as vain as him could let himself go so badly.

Give DLR a break. Dude is old and has rode some hard miles. I actually thought Eddie looked the worst of the two.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #347 on: March 09, 2009, 04:29:08 PM »

I saw Halen twice on that last tour and DLR is amazing for ANY age let alone his.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #348 on: March 09, 2009, 05:21:03 PM »

I'm a Van Halen fan, but in a casual sense.  Used to like a lot more back in the day. 
However, if this does come to fruition, why am I feeling (for lack of a better word) embarrassed at this prospect?
1) It makes GNR seem like a "dated/80s band" as Van Halen is.  VH is touring for the $$ and playing old songs only for peoples' memories & nostalgia.
2) Axl and the boys are promoting a new sound & new material, which will get lost if they tour with VH as it won't be about Chinese Democracy at that point.  I feel that this completely de-legitimizes everything I believe about "New Guns" and their amazing music. 
3) It will seem to the critics that Axl has to do this because "New Guns" will appear like a failure.

Am I making sense?  You people feelin' me?  ok
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #349 on: March 09, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »

It makes GNR seem like a "dated/80s band" as Van Halen is.

Both bands transcend the decade they were prominent in. Neither are considered an 80s band.  Thats like calling Zep a 70s band or the Beatles a 60s band. GnR and VH are legendary rock bands. Touring with VH would bring more attention to "new Guns."
Annie
« Reply #350 on: March 09, 2009, 05:47:51 PM »

Sounds good to me!

Give DLR a break. Dude is old and has rode some hard miles. I actually thought Eddie looked the worst of the two.
He was just so vain. Rod Stewart and Steven Tyler have aged much better.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #351 on: March 09, 2009, 05:51:18 PM »

Sounds good to me!

yup it's all in the looks
Annie
« Reply #352 on: March 09, 2009, 05:53:12 PM »

Sounds good to me!

yup it's all in the looks
No, that's what he used to say. "It's not if you win or lose, but how good you looked." His words, not mine.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #353 on: March 09, 2009, 06:31:19 PM »

I heard, on the radio today, that GnR are Co-headlining with Van Halen (PIX 106 Albany NY)...I hope they are just repeating bullshit rumors.  Said something like (after KOHD) "after last weeks announcement by GnR management that a major tour was in the works, we find out today that Axl is planning on a co-headlining tour with VanHalen...".

Having seen clips of the fresh-from-the-retirement-home Van Halen 'tour' recently...I am really hoping this is more rumor-reporting...but of course it would not stop me from going to see GnR.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #354 on: March 09, 2009, 06:42:32 PM »

I like Van Halen and have never seen them live so that would be cool.

My unrealistic and impossible dream would be  Pink Floyd.

Maybe a better chance would be the smashing pumpkins  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #355 on: March 10, 2009, 09:14:48 AM »

From a Van Halen message board, www.vhlinks.com.  Take it for what it is.

"Little info I heard:

Talks are being had with NC State about the use of Carter Finley Stadium for a possible GNR/Van Halen tour. This came from a true insider with the NC State athletics dept who says State's been contacted about it, so I consider it the gospel.

Obviously this doesn't mean the tour will definitely happen, but evidently it IS being discussed."

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #356 on: March 10, 2009, 09:50:44 AM »

"Thats what I'm talkin about" ok, I will definately be filling some seats somewhere, or rather standing in front row yes

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #357 on: March 10, 2009, 09:54:21 AM »

I like Van Halen and have never seen them live so that would be cool.

My unrealistic and impossible dream would be  Pink Floyd.

Maybe a better chance would be the smashing pumpkins  ok

With Rick having passed I believe Live8 was the last time anyone would see Pink Floyd together, but what a last performance!

Having said that, I would LOVE to see it.

For me, a VH/GNR ticket is pretty much the best show I can imagine.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #358 on: March 10, 2009, 09:57:05 AM »

If a co-headlining tour does happen, does that mean "Guns N' Roses" going on stage before "Van Halen" at 1/2 the shows?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #359 on: March 10, 2009, 10:28:50 AM »

From a Van Halen message board, www.vhlinks.com.  Take it for what it is.

"Little info I heard:

Talks are being had with NC State about the use of Carter Finley Stadium for a possible GNR/Van Halen tour. This came from a true insider with the NC State athletics dept who says State's been contacted about it, so I consider it the gospel.

Obviously this doesn't mean the tour will definitely happen, but evidently it IS being discussed."

this?
http://carterfinley.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter-Finley_Stadium

has the stadium been used for concerts?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: