Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:24:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On The Del James Interview
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On The Del James Interview  (Read 62668 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2009, 01:36:38 AM »

What Izzy said sure as hell didn't get the same media attention as Slash traveling around the world talking shit about Axl for years and years.

/jarmo

Because nobody cared, we were in the middle of the Grunge Invasion.... 
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2009, 03:01:27 AM »

What Izzy said sure as hell didn't get the same media attention as Slash traveling around the world talking shit about Axl for years and years.

/jarmo

back in the day it may have been in slash's mind and he's always spoe his mind

apparantly, axl's not on slash's mind now but it sure seems like slash has been on axl's the last 12 years or so
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2009, 04:36:09 AM »

Maybe Slash WAS a cancer back in 96 but he certainly isn't viewed that way by the general public.

Maybe he is to Axl.

Axl's obviously talking about his feelings, not about how the general public feels about Slash.

Maybe you have somebody in your life that you realize you're better off without, while everybody else thinks that person is awesome.

/jarmo

I would never even dream of calling that person a "cancer".  Especially 10 years later.  I'd be afraid I'd appear as some sort of obsessed person.  I mean, come on, 13 years later....kind of time to get a grip on things. 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2009, 04:53:28 AM »

No, Slash is very media savvy.

He knows he has won in the court of public opinion, so Slash played it perfectly taking the high road.

I'm not so sure it's about being "media savvy" or "court of public opinion".  Maybe it just comes down to not feeling the need to respond.  If he felt compelled to respond to the whole thing, he could have put out a "statement" almost at once.  He didn't.  I'm sure most of us were waiting for some backlash almost immediately.  Didn't happen.  Took until now because some interviewer brought it up. Probably because he doesn't really care.  Deep down, maybe he does really care. However, if it were me, I wouldn't give much credence to the sort of statement that was made. 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2009, 05:01:34 AM »

Think what you want, but Axl's inner most feelings probably don't get revealed often.

Axl's opinion hasn't changed. It's been the same for a long time. You just refuse to see it.

Yes, Axl has to clarify a lot of shit because people read what he says and then "translate" it to fit their own fantasies.

/jarmo

I'm sorry for anyone whose base opinion doesn't change through the years - personally, I think that time and experience makes one's opinions change.  Staying in one mindset and opinion through the years makes one "set in their ways".

Axl doesn't clarify anything.  You're right, though..... people will translate things to fit their own fantasies, no matter what that may be. 
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2009, 08:44:33 AM »

Slash is right, who cares what grudge Axl has, at this point, in 2009 to talk about shit that happened almost 20 years ago is dumb, so whatever describes it pretty well.

Chinese Democracy!
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2009, 09:52:55 AM »

Slash always think about Axl and GNR and always is hoping reunion. The matter is that he likes to portrait as the "good boy" and he knows how to say to cheat the fans. Personally, although I really loved AFD lineup, I began to loss credibility for Slash back in the beginning of the 90?s.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2009, 11:05:39 AM »

I'm sorry for anyone whose base opinion doesn't change through the years

Good for you. So you think lying is ok and you think changing your story to fit your own agenda is fair?

Slash is right, who cares what grudge Axl has, at this point, in 2009 to talk about shit that happened almost 20 years ago is dumb, so whatever describes it pretty well.

He cared enough to write a book about it and then go out to promote it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2009, 11:33:49 AM »

Good for you. So you think lying is ok and you think changing your story to fit your own agenda is fair?

/jarmo
I don't think Slash was thinking that Axl was ever gonna call "bullshit" on the last 20 years either, I think Axl has the right to clear the air, regardless of it's significance today.  I would like to say that at least it's coming straight from the horses mouth, I myself appreciate that. How long have people wished to here Axl's side? How long have all of you wish for this moment over the last how many years?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2009, 01:47:36 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo, the book isn't about Axl Rose and his hate for him......  Jeez...
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2009, 01:57:43 PM »

When Slash basically says "I love Axl, but Axl is just, you know Axl" in interviews, I think it's pretty obvious what he's trying to suggest.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2009, 01:59:48 PM »

i think there all full of shit tbh.

Neither like each other. They both have things to prove. They both wanna make music and money.

They are human beings, simple as that. The same rules apply.

The only difference is, they have alot of people putting pressure on them to work together again and alot of people making up their own views and bias from things they have said.

The real way it is. No one will ever know.

The way you should figure it out. Its clear they dont wanna work together. If they do reconcile, im sure we will all be the first to read about it.

Lets get over it guys im tired of the

"Axl and new guns are better than old"

and "Slash is amazing, a true guitar legend, hes not a bad guy. He doesnt go onstage late"

Its the same shit over and over and over.

html sucks
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2009, 02:10:03 PM »

He said he wrote it to "set the record straight" regarding GN'R.

Axl was, and still is, a big part of GN'R.

It's basically his version of how he wants us to remember that era of GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2009, 02:21:12 PM »

He said he wrote it to "set the record straight" regarding GN'R.

Axl was, and still is, a big part of GN'R.

It's basically his version of how he wants us to remember that era of GN'R.

/jarmo

His feud with Axl is only PART of the book.  If Axl is so happy now, he has no need to stoop down the the liar Slash's level does he. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2009, 02:35:56 PM »

I mean, come on, 13 years later....kind of time to get a grip on things. 

I wish slash supporters would take that same advice.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2009, 02:43:52 PM »

His feud with Axl is only PART of the book. 

Didn't you understand what I said?

A lot of people bought the book to read about GN'R (that includes Axl, he's in GN'R).

If Axl is so happy now, he has no need to stoop down the the liar Slash's level does he. 

Not stooping down to any level. He's just telling us what's on his mind.

I know, it's upsetting because only Slash should be allowed to talk about Axl and GN'R.

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2009, 04:28:46 PM »

His feud with Axl is only PART of the book. 

Didn't you understand what I said?

A lot of people bought the book to read about GN'R (that includes Axl, he's in GN'R).

If Axl is so happy now, he has no need to stoop down the the liar Slash's level does he. 

Not stooping down to any level. He's just telling us what's on his mind.

I know, it's upsetting because only Slash should be allowed to talk about Axl and GN'R.

/jarmo

You are right Jarmo... Please reference all these attacks on GNR and Axl that you have stored up so I can read all his cancerous comments... While you are at it, you can copy in the following but not limited to:

Izzy
Duff
Matt
Adler
Lars
Zakk Wylde
James Hetfield
Dave Navarro
Gilby
Traci Guns
Vince Neil
Nikki Sixx
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2009, 04:38:02 PM »

i think there all full of shit tbh.

That about sums it up.

It makes for good rock n roll theatre but even that aspect of it has ran it's course for me.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2009, 04:45:20 PM »

You are right Jarmo... Please reference all these attacks on GNR and Axl that you have stored up so I can read all his cancerous comments...

You just don't fucking get it.

If Axl thinks Slash is like a cancer to him personally, it's his fucking opinion. Get it?

You weren't there when shit went down beginning in the 1980s when they first started working together.

Only a fool would assume that we know every single detail of what happened and that everything is in print for all to see.

I guess you think Axl is basing his opinion on Slash by reading articles online? The guy was in a band with him for something like 11 years. I think he knows more about Slash than you and I!

You might think Slash is the most wonderful thing that has happened in your life. That's your opinion.

So please stop with the stupid desperate attempts to find all this "proof" to prove your point.

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2009, 06:00:24 PM »

You are right Jarmo... Please reference all these attacks on GNR and Axl that you have stored up so I can read all his cancerous comments...

You just don't fucking get it.

If Axl thinks Slash is like a cancer to him personally, it's his fucking opinion. Get it?

You weren't there when shit went down beginning in the 1980s when they first started working together.

Only a fool would assume that we know every single detail of what happened and that everything is in print for all to see.

I guess you think Axl is basing his opinion on Slash by reading articles online? The guy was in a band with him for something like 11 years. I think he knows more about Slash than you and I!

You might think Slash is the most wonderful thing that has happened in your life. That's your opinion.

So please stop with the stupid desperate attempts to find all this "proof" to prove your point.

/jarmo

You just made my point for me.  I said I didn't want to argue about this, you kept doing it.  Neither are innocent, and you, nor I know what all went down.  Thanks for agreeing with me.....FINALLY!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: