Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 01:43:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On The Del James Interview
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On The Del James Interview  (Read 62690 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »

Of course you don't wanna argue because you're going on and on about how much Axl cares for Slash.

You don't want your illusions to be shattered.

That's why you keep going on and on about it.

"But he said he loved Slash!" and shit like that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2009, 09:32:29 PM »

I just think that it's funny that for the past 10 years, Slash had NO problem at all talking shit about Axl, but now that Axl ripped him a new asshole (and rightfully so), that all of a sudden Slash is backing down.

Guilty conscience, Slash?  hihi

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2009, 12:29:58 AM »

I just think that it's funny that for the past 10 years, Slash had NO problem at all talking shit about Axl, but now that Axl ripped him a new asshole (and rightfully so), that all of a sudden Slash is backing down.

I don't think he ever said anything to the level that Axl said about him.  Infact, I would love to see these quotes from all these interviews, I think you will have a tough time compiling anything more than, "he went on stage late", "we rehearsed late, when he was ready" "We didn't see eye to eye on the direction of the band" etc, etc.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2009, 12:41:06 AM »

I read Slash's book and I still don't see anything he said that was really all that bad about Axl to be honest. Hell he is mostly complimentary

Its like some don't think Axl did any wrong whatsoever and that he is perfect and just an average normal guy.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2009, 03:50:27 AM »

I don't think he ever said anything to the level that Axl said about him.  Infact, I would love to see these quotes from all these interviews, I think you will have a tough time compiling anything more than, "he went on stage late", "we rehearsed late, when he was ready" "We didn't see eye to eye on the direction of the band" etc, etc.....

Kind of like when Slash lied about going to Axl's house, right?

He made Axl look like a dick over that when SLASH was the one that lied only to admit it years later.

Slash is a master manipulator. He knows how to work the media - and he has made Axl unfairly look like the bad guy this entire time.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2009, 05:08:20 AM »

Spot on man!  I read Slash's book and he rarely bashes Axl at all.  The book is about FAR more than Slash's view on GNR.  It is about his whole life which obviously involves GNR.  I have read many Slash interviews and I have rarely seen him bash Axl.  I also see no issue in a guy promoting a book.  Its not like he promoted it just to speak about Axl.  I actually think its great that he is a bigger person and doesn't comment much on this kinda thing.  Of course he is gonna give answers when asked, just like Axl does. 

But yeah, it was a great answer from Slash.  Its nice to see he has moved on and is enjoying fucking his wife instead of organising interviews to call people cancer! haha

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2009, 11:56:35 AM »

I'm sorry for anyone whose base opinion doesn't change through the years

Good for you. So you think lying is ok and you think changing your story to fit your own agenda is fair?

No, I don't.  I'm saying that when it comes to life, people evolve and our opinions change through the years, based on experience and the healing that sometimes comes with time and reflection on things.  How a person felt about something, say 10 years ago or 5 years ago, and what that person said about it might be totally different than today.  It doesn't mean someone's lying or changing a story to fit one's own agenda.  But, oh yeah, we're talking about Slash here who does those things all the time, I guess. 

I thought this said it pretty well:
i think there all full of shit tbh.

That about sums it up.

It makes for good rock n roll theatre but even that aspect of it has ran it's course for me.

That's probably where the truth lies, right there.   
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2009, 12:39:23 PM »

Does anyone know why Axl actually hates Slash SO much???  I read Slash's book and he didn't bash Axl in it, far from it.  He simply constructed a few points that led to the break up, such as the material he had that Axl was apparently reluctant to work on.

But, i thought one of the main reason's why Slash quit was because of the appointment of Tobias.  Up until then, Slash always had the main say in who the rhythm guitarist was, but Tobias was appointed without Slash knowing and later re recorded Slash's parts on Sympathy for the devil. 

But Slash still doesn't hate Axl or ever claimed to.  So why does Axl hate him so much???

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2009, 12:44:09 PM »

It doesn't mean someone's lying or changing a story to fit one's own agenda.  But, oh yeah, we're talking about Slash here who does those things all the time, I guess.  

He's lied about recent events. Like when he claimed he didn't go to Axl's house a few years ago. It was a recent event then, not something he had years and years to think about

How does that fall under healing?

Does anyone know why Axl actually hates Slash SO much???  I read Slash's book and he didn't bash Axl in it, far from it. 

You don't have to call somebody a name in order to insult somebody.

For example: I could write a book about how things happened without saying a negative word about anybody else and the others who were part of the events can feel insulted because the book isn't truthful.

Especially if I used my book to portray myself as the poor victim in the public's eyes.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2009, 01:04:30 PM »

It doesn't mean someone's lying or changing a story to fit one's own agenda.  But, oh yeah, we're talking about Slash here who does those things all the time, I guess.  

He's lied about recent events. Like when he claimed he didn't go to Axl's house a few years ago. It was a recent event then, not something he had years and years to think about

How does that fall under healing?

Does anyone know why Axl actually hates Slash SO much???  I read Slash's book and he didn't bash Axl in it, far from it. 

You don't have to call somebody a name in order to insult somebody.

For example: I could write a book about how things happened without saying a negative word about anybody else and the others who were part of the events can feel insulted because the book isn't truthful.

Especially if I used my book to portray myself as the poor victim in the public's eyes.

/jarmo

Jarmo, so you do or you don't have a quote, because right now you are really reaching...  So one guy is insulted and wasn't called a name, another guy is like "whatever" and he was called a cancer....
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2009, 01:12:04 PM »

Does anyone know why Axl actually hates Slash SO much???  I read Slash's book and he didn't bash Axl in it, far from it.  He simply constructed a few points that led to the break up, such as the material he had that Axl was apparently reluctant to work on.

You said it right there.  According to Axl, he worked very hard on Slash's material and Slash wasn't willing to work on it to the same level.   Many people, apparently including you, are under the impression that Axl refused to work on Slash's material and that was that, which, according to Axl (the person in question here), is the exact opposite of the truth.

The book is filled with things like that. Not to mention all the Jetboy accusation stuff (no idea if that stuff was true either...)  At one point Slash even pretty much accused Axl of driving him to the point of suicide.

Grounds for hatred?  I don't know.  Axl might hate Slash, I have no idea, but he never said that he did, so I'm not going to start suggesting that he did.  There are plenty of people I know (mostly democrats from hollywood) that are essentially cancers to the world, but I don't hate them.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 01:13:59 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2009, 01:19:31 PM »

Jarmo, so you do or you don't have a quote, because right now you are really reaching...  So one guy is insulted and wasn't called a name, another guy is like "whatever" and he was called a cancer....

How many times can I repeat this so you Slash fans get it? What fucking quote?

Didn't I just tell you quite recently that not everything is available online for you to disregard?

If you lie about the history of a band to make yourself seem cooler, don't be surprised if the others aren't happy about it.

Are you acting or are you really that confused?

The guy who's "whatever" has spent YEARS talking about Axl and wrote a BOOK dealing with the subject.

Then his attitude changes once Axl tells his side of the story. What a funny coincidence.

Who's reaching? You are.

"He called Slash a cancer but Slash never said a bad word about him  crying ".

Roll Eyes

The general idea is that Slash left because Axl didn't want to work on his songs.

Is that the truth? No, it's the way Slash wants you to think it happened.

Even Marc Canter says it didn't go down like that!

So all these years Axl gets all the blame.

And now you want a fucking quote to see why Axl doesn't like Slash? Are you fucking serious?

So I guess you can only dislike people when there's some kind of proof of it online? You can't dislike a person unless you can Google for a quote?

Does that apply to everybody in your life? Maybe there's a person in your life you don't get along with. Can we Google him/her to see that your dislike is legit? Otherwise we'll just have to assume your dislike isn't fair!

/jarmo

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 01:25:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2009, 02:04:24 PM »

this is hilarious...Jarmo is outta quotes?
I gotta take a screenshot!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2009, 02:21:21 PM »

this is hilarious...Jarmo is outta quotes?
I gotta take a screenshot!

What's hilarious is the Slash fans not understanding the simple fact that not everything can be found by using Google. Therefore Axl should not hate Slash!

rofl

Here's a quote: Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does.

Axl in 2002.

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2009, 02:23:31 PM »

Lets just ignore reality.   Axl LOVES Slash  love   They are two peas in a pod.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2009, 02:30:27 PM »

Here's a quote: Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does.

Axl in 2002.

/jarmo

hihi  Somehow, that's not a very convincing quote when it's Axl saying that Slash lies all the time.  I'm not interested in arguing with you or anyone else in regard to that because it's old and been done many times here, so that's not my point.  I just found some humor in it, that's all.     
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2009, 02:33:23 PM »

Axl in 2002.

/jarmo

hihi  Somehow, that's not a very convincing quote when it's Axl saying that Slash lies all the time.  I'm not interested in arguing with you or anyone else in regard to that because it's old and been done many times here, so that's not my point.  I just found some humor in it, that's all.     

How is it funny? We know slash lies, it's been pointed out many many times.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2009, 02:33:42 PM »

If people are just obsessed with quotes, and not interested in trying to understand anything, there's plenty of random quotes I can post.

It seems like in order to dislike a person, there needs to be quotes that are public knowledge!

rofl

/jarmo

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »

Lets just ignore reality.   Axl LOVES Slash  love   They are two peas in a pod.

There you go.  In reality, they probably really are - two peas in a pod.  Like someone else said, they're probably really both full of shit, for all we know.  
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2009, 02:42:30 PM »

Axl in 2002.

/jarmo

How is it funny? We know slash lies, it's been pointed out many many times.

No need to sound defensive.  I know that's been pointed out many many times.  I, for one, am not interested in seeing quotes and rehashing the same old argument.   

Geez - a person can't even laugh around here sometimes without people getting their underwear all in a bunch.   I just thought it was funny that someone wanted proof and quotes of Slash's lying (which I'm sure there are many things that can be posted to try to make a point and we've gone that route before) and the quote that was posted was Axl saying he lies, which, oh never mind.....   
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:46:53 PM by lynn1961 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: