Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:53:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247434 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #180 on: March 22, 2009, 12:56:54 AM »

Nothing to do with that I'm afraid.

More to do with the fact that certain people always get ahead of themselves.

They get the album and a month later it's all about how much they want the next album.... You got a tour, but you want the album (2006-7). You get the album, but you just want a tour (2008). Etc etc.

Well your wrong about the past. People had every right to "want" an album after the 02 tour.

But you are correct about the present and I already said I agree. The focus is on the tour. The real CD tour will finally begin. Too bad it wont be the original line up for that album (lollllll only in GNR land). Regardless Axl is about to hit the road so thats always cool.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2009, 12:58:02 AM »

^^ I hope you're not calling everyone disapointed about Robin's absense (I still had hope till now) a bunch of piranhas.

No, just the mentality to always wanting more and more and more.

Like the album.... Imagine it as some poor animal who happens to step into the water. It gets eaten in a minute and the piranhas are already wondering where the next meal is!
Just wondering, because I've never ever had this kind of acting. Not here, not everwhere.

Its just that I just found out tonight that my favorite guitar player is out of my favorite band and the person who replaced him don't say much to me yet (still hoping to be proven wrong once he gets onstage with the band, of course).

dreamer girl
Opening Act

The Entombment of Christ by Raphael, 1508

« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2009, 01:00:10 AM »

Hi Dj,

Welcome to Guns N' Roses and welcome to the Guns N' Roses extended family (the true fans)!!! Guns N' Roses is my favorite band ever and I am

so happy for you that you are joining. This is exciting news for us fans. I read your remarks about being happy to be a part of a band you have

loved and respected and also working with the true artist that is Axl Rose.

I (and I'm sure many of us here) agree wholeheartedly with your remarks.

Guns N' Roses is in a class all its own. This band is innovative, inspired and unrivaled through their creation of true and beautiful art in

its purest form -- as evidenced by "Chinese Democracy".

Axl Rose is also incomparable. He is a genius and a true artist and like you said, one of the best front men in history.

I am excited and happy for you that you are joining Guns N' Roses and wish you all the continued success with this amazing band.

Yours truly,
dreamer girl   Smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:18:13 AM by dreamer girl » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2009, 01:03:59 AM »

Just wondering, because I've never ever had this kind of acting. Not here, not everwhere

Well I don't think I singled you out? If you feel unfairly targeted, it certainly wasn't my intention.

But if you read the thread, you can see that some people are already discussing song writing!

Well your wrong about the past. People had every right to "want" an album after the 02 tour. 

Not really. But I wasn't even talking about that ancient history.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2009, 01:05:34 AM »

Fair enough.

Anyways, I do think the great news here is: seems like a tour is taking shape for real now.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2009, 01:07:17 AM »

But if you read the thread, you can see that some people are already discussing song writing!

is that wrong?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #186 on: March 22, 2009, 01:09:29 AM »

is that wrong?
yea. Why discuss song writing when the bands sole focus is to tour CD for awhile?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #187 on: March 22, 2009, 01:11:55 AM »

The Album was the goal, it was met.  Now the Tour is the goal.  After the Tour, then we can discuss writing. 

Now when people talk reunion, they may actually talk about the 02 lineup with Bucket, Finck, and Tobias.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #188 on: March 22, 2009, 01:12:52 AM »

is that wrong?

Well dismissing the guy's song writing abilities when you haven't heard a note he's written with GN'R is wrong.

Add to that the fact that there's a tour on the horizon.

It's like talking/arguing about how great your team will do in the Super Bowl even before the regular season has started....

Getting a bit too far ahead of yourselves....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: March 22, 2009, 01:14:23 AM »

is that wrong?
yea. Why discuss song writing when the bands sole focus is to tour CD for awhile?

because we can talk about several things at the same time ? Tongue

It doesn't matter who wrote what and when outside of GN'R!

what the hell? why not?
I think it matters a lot !

It would be a lot cooler to know that gnr just brought a a fine guitarist than a mediocre one.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2009, 01:14:24 AM »

I am excited at the prospects of the songwriting. most bands write while on the road, so i am definitely hoping Axl and DJ start collaborating on some stuff

that isn't saying I want a new album this summer, I am just very interested in what they can do together.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2009, 01:16:12 AM »

is that wrong?

Well dismissing the guy's song writing abilities when you haven't heard a note he's written with GN'R is wrong.

Add to that the fact that there's a tour on the horizon.

It's like talking/arguing about how great your team will do in the Super Bowl even before the regular season has started....

/jarmo

you're still saying its wrong, but not why ?
if peeweee herman was brought it as the new guitarist would you still be saying.. hey.. just wait and judge untill you hear him play on chidem ?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2009, 01:17:41 AM »

what the hell? why not?

Umm, because GN'R is a sum of all its parts?

/jarmo

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2009, 01:17:41 AM »

no offense to Robin, but this is a step up from what GNR had before...this is great news... peace
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #194 on: March 22, 2009, 01:17:41 AM »

From my point of view, they hired another Richard (not a bad thing, just not unique).

Yeah, but given that this guy writes killer songs and very good riffs hints that...

Hm, I would love to see him compose with Axl Cheesy

Ok...the tour!

What solo's do we wan't him to take on?
I can see NR, SCOM and some of the rockers with melodic solo's, he's very good live too. Smiley

VERY happy for this addition to the band. peace

PS/

Robin, you will be missed. Thanks for all contributions love
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:29:17 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #195 on: March 22, 2009, 01:18:11 AM »

So, he has joined for an upcoming tour, but he officially replaces Robin, who continues to be a part of GN'R?

Anyone else having any difficulty making sense of the specifics of the situation?

At least this means that the tour is definitely on the horizon Smiley

Ali
I guess if Robin ever decides to come back, this guy gets piss on his shoes.

Yay for the possible tour though.

I wouldn't conclude that necessarily. I think it's more a situation where IF any of the 3 current guitarists (Richard, Ron and DJ) are unable to perform or leave, etc. then don't be surprised if you see Robin (or Buckethead or whoever) up on stage with GN'R again. Leaving the door open.... but not entirely. My take anyway.

At any rate, welcome to GN'R DJ! A great guitarist with true "GN'R" roots (i.e. Indiana, Motley Crue, Sunset Strip, etc.). Best of luck. beer

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: March 22, 2009, 01:18:34 AM »

A better analogy would be.
A lawyer doing an interview with a firm.

The one doing the interview will ask to see his resume.
Do you think he'll look at all those failed trials and go.. oh well, with us you'll play great, you just wait  Tongue

cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: March 22, 2009, 01:23:47 AM »

How is it wrong to discuss the songwritting ability of a new member of a band? If he's joined GnR he must have something to offer besides playing the old songs well. So should we just ignore that aspect of being a musician in a band, and treat him like just another 'hired gun' for concerts?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: March 22, 2009, 01:28:33 AM »

what the hell? why not?

Umm, because GN'R is a sum of all its parts?

/jarmo

And therefore we're not allowed to analize the parts individually.
OK, next time I watch a rerun of France-Brazil 98, I'll try not to talk about Zidane or Roberto Carlos...and Ill just say... GO FRANCE ! Go BRazil !
 hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #199 on: March 22, 2009, 01:29:31 AM »

A better analogy would be.
A lawyer doing an interview with a firm.

The one doing the interview will ask to see his resume.
Do you think he'll look at all those failed trials and go.. oh well, with us you'll play great, you just wait  Tongue

Did you ever hear of the word audition?

How is it wrong to discuss the songwritting ability of a new member of a band? If he's joined GnR he must have something to offer besides playing the old songs well. So should we just ignore that aspect of being a musician in a band, and treat him like just another 'hired gun' for concerts?

Because you have no idea!

If you based Robin's song writing before GN'R on how well he'd fit into the band, 99% would've said it's not gonna work since he had no writing credits to speak of (I believe he was credited on re-creating a song or something).

And now we have all these people saying how great he was in GN'R and how much they love the song he co-wrote!

Same thing can be said about almost anybody.

It's when they're added to the GN'R song writing mixture that makes things interesting. And DJ hasn't been added to that yet.

OK, next time I watch a rerun of France-Brazil 98, I'll try not to talk about Zidane or Roberto Carlos...and Ill just say... GO FRANCE ! Go BRazil !
 hihi

You can talk about what Zidane did when he was 15 without the rest of the team and how analyzing those games could tell you he'd play in the 1998 final.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:31:56 AM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: