Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:35:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247496 times)
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #220 on: March 22, 2009, 05:11:45 AM »

What?  Shocked A drum machine and now a DJ? What's next?!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2009, 05:20:56 AM »

nice news, welcome DJ Smiley

I don't know if already mentioned, but DJ has already updated his webpage  ok

http://www.djashba.com/home.html

-velimir
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 05:33:42 AM by zazuum » Logged
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: March 22, 2009, 05:33:45 AM »

I most like the video section on his gnr page...... and I don't think it's there to promote the old video's... who's in that thought?
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #223 on: March 22, 2009, 05:59:49 AM »

-velimir
i love the fact that he put this up practically overnight and it makes the gn'r homepage & myspace pages look like they were done by 3rd graders  hihi
hopefully Ashbamedia could hook up the gn'r pages with a little midas touch!

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #224 on: March 22, 2009, 06:04:01 AM »

just been checking him out on youtube , could turnout to be a masterstroke from Axl he is shit hot and the girls love him and most importantly he could be a guitar hero. As good as bumblefoot and buckethead are i dont think they have the whole package such as image and stage presence but i can see kids looking up to this guy like they did Slash. Also checkout Ashba on you tube in his old band beautiful creatures HE OWNS THE STAGE over the frontman
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #225 on: March 22, 2009, 06:19:51 AM »

He seems like a cool guy, my only fear is that he seems to come from the Kirk Hammett school of Wah abuse, but he still seems like a pretty decent player so I'm sure he'll do well.

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #226 on: March 22, 2009, 06:23:47 AM »

Uh, I am cool with ashba. He does seem cool, and after watching some vids of him, he is a really great guitar player. Yea, I am cool with it. Can't wait to see GN'R live...

... again.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #227 on: March 22, 2009, 06:40:23 AM »

Looks like the perfect replacement to me. Plus he looks cool  Grin Cool ( and I'm saying that in the most heterosexual way possible...or not ?  hihi )
Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #228 on: March 22, 2009, 07:04:30 AM »

-velimir
i love the fact that he put this up practically overnight and it makes the gn'r homepage & myspace pages look like they were done by 3rd graders  hihi
hopefully Ashbamedia could hook up the gn'r pages with a little midas touch!

Gotta agree there. I bet his page gets the tour info uploaded before the Gn'R page  Grin Grin Grin

Lets get this shit on the road Axl - Awesome news  ok
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #229 on: March 22, 2009, 08:33:26 AM »

so to the most important question, how do I pronounce his name?
Christian
VIP

« Reply #230 on: March 22, 2009, 08:59:46 AM »

GN'R Lineup: Axl Rose, Dj Ashba, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed, Bumblefoot, Frank Ferrer and Chris Pitman (Dj Ashba's official site)

Where the fuck is Brain? It will be reallllllllllly frustrating seeing Frank instead of Brain. No way. Hope Axl isn't so crazy at that level
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #231 on: March 22, 2009, 09:01:03 AM »

How soon will the line, "...and now we've gone from Slash to Ash..." get used?   hihi

This sounds very cool.  I can't wait to hear what these guys can do together.  I can't wait until the tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #232 on: March 22, 2009, 09:05:35 AM »

I am happy this is all settled and hope the band can relaunch the album with great success. It has taken time for fans to put their arms around the new guys, as it will no doubt remain to be in the future with the band settling into some form of consistency.

But these players have a lot of expectation to meet, shoes to fill and hard work to perform.  But to their advantage, Bucket and Finck laid a solid foundation of sound. I am curious whether Thal or Ashba will rise up and take the control of that lead lead guitarist role as Finck did during the 06 tour.
What is settled?  What new guys? Which ones?  What form of consistency? There's no consistency.  At all. 

A bit melodramatic?

DJ has replaced Robin..you follow?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #233 on: March 22, 2009, 09:31:30 AM »

Tracii Guns said on metal sludge's gossip board that he thought Ashba was a great choice for gn'r... but then again he also thought he was a great choice for gn'r so i dunno if his opinion should really matter.

there's one good thing about Ashba though, he does move fast revamping his website and myspace, so even if he lacks the chops maybe he could be their next webmaster Tongue

well, i just hope gn'r enters the stage we all hoped they would after releasing cd, i.e, music videos, tour plans, interviews, the works. if ashba can help the band on that and help them move forward and achieve the goals they set to achieve a long time ago, then i'm all for that and i wish the band the best.

i will miss robin, but it was his choice and the show must go on.

now ashba, get a proper les paul and a marshall stack please.

Chinese Democracy!
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #234 on: March 22, 2009, 09:32:50 AM »

Well I for one am furious about this.

It is nothing against DJ Ashba (who I have never heard of before by the way). I am sure he is an amazing guitar player and will do the songs justice.

And it is also nothing to do with the loss of Robin Finck, who I always thought was poor and plays like shit half the time (he murders the first half of the solo on Street of Dreams, whereas his playing on This I Love is v. good).

No.....

I am just furious at this whole situation.

I loved the old GnR, and like everyone else when people like "Buckethead", "Brain" and "Bumblefoot" came on board I raised an eye brow and questioned the ethics of the band using the Guns name, but I started to love them, went to see them live, realised that the "New Guns" were a class act, and then recently bought the album and loved that too (with the exception of 1 or 2 weaker tracks). And I am very excited to hear the next album which will hopefully contain more material that we won't have heard live or on leaks in advance of the release.

However if you include Bumblefoot and Frank in the mix then we now have the 2nd incarnation of the "New Guns", with Robin, Brain and Buckethead all having left the band (all of whom contributed most to Chinese Democracy).

So irregardless of who we have in the band now, and how good they are (nothing personal to the members intended), what we essentially have is a group of well-paid touring musicians playing like a tribute act to "New Guns", the original incarnation of which started as a tribute act to the "Old Guns". When are we going to get stability? When are we going to get a live tour with musicians actually playing and performing the material they wrote...? I think probably never.

Also I would like to know why there are so many people leaving the band... there has to be some reason for it, something that we aren't getting told.

It doesn't matter how good a musician you are, you can not possibly put as much emotion into performing live when you are playing something someone else wrote. That spoils the whole experience.

Don't ge me wrong... I am sure the new sound will be tight, and energetic, and congrats to DJ. But it is just so frustrating to constantly have to adjust to a new line up.

Let's put it this way - I have friends who like GnR and who bought the Chinese Democracy album who aren't anywhere near as big a fan as us lot on here. If the new line up tours, and we all think about going to see them, what do you think my friends are going to say when I tell them that 2 of the 3 lead guitarists from the album and the main drummer are no longer in the band, even though the album only got released 4 months ago? They are going to laugh at me and probably not want tickets.

There was a comment somewhere above that stated that Guns is now a corporation. I am sorry to say that I am starting to agree with that.

I guess I will get called a troll now......

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2009, 09:37:06 AM »

Look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBgY5LBfDxw&feature=related

drool

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #236 on: March 22, 2009, 09:49:12 AM »

-velimir

as far as promotion is concerned , this guy is good. Hope he rubs off on GNR in that respect!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #237 on: March 22, 2009, 09:49:33 AM »

Also I would like to know why there are so many people leaving the band... there has to be some reason for it, something that we aren't getting told.

When it gets fourteen years for an album to be released, it's not surprising. I wouldn't like to be part of such a band. Now that some new material was released, maybe things will settle down for a while.
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #238 on: March 22, 2009, 09:50:54 AM »

When it gets fourteen years for an album to be released, it's not surprising. I wouldn't like to be part of such a band. Now that some new material was released, maybe things will settle down for a while.

Maybe things will settle down?   Roll Eyes

4 months after the album is released we have a new guitarist!

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #239 on: March 22, 2009, 09:52:31 AM »

Well...Robin Finck left just prior to the release so what did you expect ? No new guitarist ? Robin back ?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: