Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 05:50:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228033 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 249232 times)
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #260 on: March 22, 2009, 12:22:35 PM »

This guy seems like a good addition to the band, based on the clips of his work on youtube. He's got huge shoes to fill though, just as Finck had huge shoes to fill when replacing Slash. This guy has to pull of not only Slash's but ALSO Finck's solos (the original ones on Chinese Democracy album) perfectly, or Finck fans will hate him just as much as I hate Finck....

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #261 on: March 22, 2009, 12:28:50 PM »

Also watching him on youtube and he seems like a cool & talented guy  ok and kinda hot too  drool

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #262 on: March 22, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »

I understand that some are upset/sad that Robin isn't part of GN'R anymore.

He left. What's GN'R supposed to do? Wait?

It's not exactly fair to DJ (or GN'R) to hold a grudge against him just because he replaced your favorite member or whatever.

/jarmo

Actually, as stated above, I think most people here are pretty happy about it.  No-one as outright said they hated him yet, and most think he's pretty cool (myself included).  

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #263 on: March 22, 2009, 12:36:07 PM »

some nice pics (overview) of DJ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmdht7xcI4c&feature=related

To all the ones moaning about Robin or how DJ will finally play more Slash like or Apetite like ... fuck off ... read Axl's interviews again ... as it was not fair comparing Robin to Slash now it is even more ridiculous to compare DJ to Robin ... just wait and see what DJ brings to GN'R ... or go to see NIN or Velvet or whatever (really) ...

-velimir
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #264 on: March 22, 2009, 12:46:19 PM »

Ok so after watching 4 video's of DJ performing, I will say this guy can play !!  Im really excited to see what he brings to Guns N' Roses, even though Im a huge time Robin fan, Im GnR 4 Life.  Good choice Axl.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GNRFAN20
« Reply #265 on: March 22, 2009, 12:48:04 PM »

Axl knows who to pick for the job.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #266 on: March 22, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »

i really see gnr more as an open band than a band with a solid line up
i think thats cool.. but is something we have to accept
some collaborate.. some people tour.. some do promo.. some make guest apparences.. the band is not closed to anyone

the example is brain he is workin in studio and his home for gnr.. maybe he tours

welcome on board DJ...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: March 22, 2009, 01:08:45 PM »

I really wish DJ all the luck, I've scoured YouTube already to see how well this guy plays and what his style is, and I can honestly say my curiosity is already peaked. I can't wait to see how this guy interacts with Richard, Ron and Tommy on stage. As far as Robin going, I'll miss him of course, but I missed Buckethead when he left also. You see being a fan in NIN for 15 years has shown me one thing, if Trent Reznor can have a rotating lineup of people to perform live and in the studio, so can Axl. I don't think that's Axl's intentions, but Robin wasn't coming back and he needed to do something. I'm used to it because let's face it, Axl's had a roster of people come and go since EVEN 2001 when he DID start touring again. Each change has brought something a bit different to the shows and don't you know each time the quality of the performances have improved. Maybe someday we'll have a lineup of GNR that doesn't change every couple years, but if we don't and it only changes for the better, than so be it right? 
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #268 on: March 22, 2009, 01:09:22 PM »

This guy seems like a good addition to the band, based on the clips of his work on youtube. He's got huge shoes to fill though, just as Finck had huge shoes to fill when replacing Slash. This guy has to pull of not only Slash's but ALSO Finck's solos (the original ones on Chinese Democracy album) perfectly, or Finck fans will hate him just as much as I hate Finck....
Hard to say if he is replacing Fink or if Ron is moving into Finks spot and DJ is moving into Rons spot. Regardless I am not surprised and  they have a 3rd guitarist it means touring in that much closer to reality.  In the last interview Axl made it pretty clear that eh wanted 3 guitarists live.  

As for Robin he seems happy with NIN I saw him preform in Dec 08 and put on a great show.  That was his decision to leave and GnR could not sit thumb up their ass waiting for him to come back
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #269 on: March 22, 2009, 01:55:13 PM »

What is funny Jarmo is that Younggunner, D, and Myself had said Robin has been gone forever (by using common sense) but everyone kept saying, "not official", "after NIN", "he will be back"..... He was NEVER coming back.  He doesn't want to come back.  Something happened and I am sure it will come out one day, just like something happened with Bucket. 
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #270 on: March 22, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »

This could be pretty damn fun!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #271 on: March 22, 2009, 02:17:33 PM »

Welcome DJ ashba!  beer
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #272 on: March 22, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »

Welcome DJ!

ok
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #273 on: March 22, 2009, 02:24:44 PM »

that guy sells women panties and own branded VISA card ... coooool ................  like him more and more with every visit to his website ok

hihi

-velimir
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #274 on: March 22, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »

Now, that was fucking good shit!!!!! 

DJ is playing a LOT of Slash style licks in this clip, NOT A BAD THING, A GREAT THING.  Its obvious Slash was a big influence on DJ and this Beautiful Creatures band fucking rocks.  I hope DJ didn't make a Deal with the devil....  Thanks for posting this video, this seemed like a pretty good band!

seriously could you shut the fuck up about slash for once?  he left the band 14 years ago lets drop him and accept that the GnR sound has evolved.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: March 22, 2009, 02:35:53 PM »

Now, that was fucking good shit!!!!! 

DJ is playing a LOT of Slash style licks in this clip, NOT A BAD THING, A GREAT THING.  Its obvious Slash was a big influence on DJ and this Beautiful Creatures band fucking rocks.  I hope DJ didn't make a Deal with the devil....  Thanks for posting this video, this seemed like a pretty good band!

seriously could you shut the fuck up about slash for once?  he left the band 14 years ago lets drop him and accept that the GnR sound has evolved.

What are you talking about?   Slash single handedly invented the pentatonic scale!  Without Slash there would be no rock music. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #276 on: March 22, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »

You'd think dj could shut up all those slashers, but....no one can... hihi
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #277 on: March 22, 2009, 02:53:59 PM »

All this chit-chat about DJ's songwriting is totally premature!

GNR have 2 more album's worth of material sitting around which has to be released first. How long is that gonna take to do? 4 years? And then another album after that? 2 more years, maybe?!

So by the time he gets to write and release a GNR hit we're talking 6 years from now, realitically?!?

Going by the recent track record for guitar players, does anyone reckon he'll still be around by then. C'mon.

John.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #278 on: March 22, 2009, 02:57:33 PM »

All this chit-chat about DJ's songwriting is totally premature!

GNR have 2 more album's worth of material sitting around which has to be released first. How long is that gonna take to do? 4 years? And then another album after that? 2 more years, maybe?!

So by the time he gets to write and release a GNR hit we're talking 6 years from now, realitically?!?

Going by the recent track record for guitar players, does anyone reckon he'll still be around by then. C'mon.

John.

agreeed, the album has only been out a few months and its time for a tour.   DJ seems to be more than capable of replacing Robin and I think everyone should give him a chance to shine on stage before making judgements or worrying about what he is going to write.   

Even if another album were to come out, Axl said thats already been recorded.
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #279 on: March 22, 2009, 02:58:58 PM »

Well.... its all just a bit ho-hum for me, really. So what?

I remember when Buckethead joined, I made an effort to check out his work, and the same with Finck. I'm sorry though - I'm just not gonna bother doing the same thing for some random guy who could be gone in a month. It makes it hard to form a bond with these run-of-the mill, here today gone tomorrow journeymen. Its easier for me these days just to see GNR as a Nine Inch Nails kind of arrangement - Axl is the only one that matters - everyone else is dispensable.

On the positive side though:-

1) At least we get a tour ;

2) I found the official statement interesting : 'Robin continues to be part of GN'R, by virtue of Guns' history and his involvement in Chinese Democracy.' I think this is important in that it acknowledges Robin's work (playing AND songwriting) towards all the unreleased songs, and doesn't mean his stuff will all automatically be re-recorded.

John.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: