Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:22:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247453 times)
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #360 on: March 23, 2009, 02:07:30 PM »

Who? Never heard of the guy..

Well at least theres gonna be a tour!
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #361 on: March 23, 2009, 02:16:54 PM »

wow... can't believe this. this guy's tone sucks ass. i hate his guitar playing...

his sound is def. not GNR.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #362 on: March 23, 2009, 02:18:06 PM »

wow... can't believe this. this guy's tone sucks ass. i hate his guitar playing...

His tone is actually very GNR.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #363 on: March 23, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »

you haven't even heard what his tone will sound like in GnR.   Give him a fucking break and wait and see how it sounds.   And considering he's now the band's lead guitarist, I'd say his tone IS GnR.

case in point, Robin sounds completely different in NIN than he does in GnR.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #364 on: March 23, 2009, 02:20:42 PM »

His tone is actually very GNR.

I have to agree.  I think his tone, from what I've heard, sounds great.  I find it very easy on the ears.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #365 on: March 23, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »

If Axl made Ron use a Les Paul, maybe he does the same with Ashba...

Axl didn't make Ron use a Les Paul. He's had that guitar since 1989!

Just like Axl didn't "force" him to use the fretless either, or the foot guitar, or the V, or the strat-lookin' Vigier, or any other....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #366 on: March 23, 2009, 03:01:26 PM »

Just like Axl didn't "force" him to use the fretless either, or the foot guitar, or the V, or the strat-lookin' Vigier, or any other....

/jarmo

I think Voodoo is maybe referencing when Bumble said he had to borrow a friend's Les Paul for his parts on CD.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #367 on: March 23, 2009, 03:03:43 PM »

Quote from: Mark Strigl
"To clarify, Bumblefoot did use my Les Paul in his final recording session for the next Guns N Roses album. The sessions took place last month here in New York City. All his gear was out in California and he specific needed a Les Paul for the album."
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #368 on: March 23, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »

did DJ ever come back to mygnr last night?
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #369 on: March 23, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »

did DJ ever come back to mygnr last night?

It was FAKE
Death Cube K
« Reply #370 on: March 23, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »

I'm very very optimistic about GNR future now. Ashba could be the best move they've done in a LOOONG time.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #371 on: March 23, 2009, 03:36:56 PM »

ron's gotza to get sum tattoos now 2 fit in
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #372 on: March 23, 2009, 03:48:42 PM »

and tommy?

/jarmo

I think Voodoo is maybe referencing when Bumble said he had to borrow a friend's Les Paul for his parts on CD.

Guess it's my fault in interpreting.  Grin
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #373 on: March 23, 2009, 03:50:50 PM »

/jarmo

I don't think Voodoo meant Axl forced Ron to play a Les Paul. Back in 2006 during the kevin and bean interview, Axl said he had gotten Ron to use a Les Paul for some songs.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #374 on: March 23, 2009, 03:54:15 PM »

Maybe he's talking about when Ron spoke about Axl busting his balls about the foot guitar

He said he'd be out soloing and Axl would be talking in his ear monitor saying things like "What is that?  It's not a guitar, it's a fucking toy!  Use a Les Paul!"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #375 on: March 23, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »

Maybe he's talking about when Ron spoke about Axl busting his balls about the foot guitar

He said he'd be out soloing and Axl would be talking in his ear monitor saying things like "What is that?  It's not a guitar, it's a fucking toy!  Use a Les Paul!"

o I missed the story. then actually axl made him use a les paul.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #376 on: March 23, 2009, 05:05:18 PM »

you haven't even heard what his tone will sound like in GnR.   Give him a fucking break and wait and see how it sounds.   And considering he's now the band's lead guitarist, I'd say his tone IS GnR.

case in point, Robin sounds completely different in NIN than he does in GnR.

the guy mainly uses Music Man guitars and line6 amps.... yeah that's the GNR sound we've all come to know and love.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #377 on: March 23, 2009, 05:21:16 PM »

/jarmo

I don't think Voodoo meant Axl forced Ron to play a Les Paul. Back in 2006 during the kevin and bean interview, Axl said he had gotten Ron to use a Les Paul for some songs.
Exactly. I didn't say anything about Axl forcing Ron or anything.

I know very well about Ron's setup and I know he used the Flying V borrowed from Robin in 2007. I was just whishing that Ashba could use a Les Paul-ish guitar for a heavier and fatter sound.

GeraldFord
« Reply #378 on: March 23, 2009, 05:36:14 PM »

People might want to check out that SIXX AM CD. I haven't heard it in a while but thought it was good.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #379 on: March 23, 2009, 05:59:19 PM »

the problem with Ashba's tone from his beautiful creatures days t'ill sixx am is that regardless of the genre of music he is playing, being more classical hard rock or on a new rock sound it all sounds very digital, his tone is thin and not one would expect from the typical valve amp - les paul playing both slash and robin had. however people that actually play guitar and are used to play with a lot of equipment are more sensible to these matters than the casual cd listening fan... so this might be a problem to some fans, and not all.

his guitar is a musicman guitar, which resembles in nothing the tone of a les paul, so that might have something to do with it. it's pretty versatile guitar but it lacks the bass sound of les paul. and has far as looks go, gn'r is very much associated with a les paul and maintained that ever since. Even if Ron brings other guitars and Richard sometimes uses a tele or hollowbody guitars. the thing is when you think of gn'r you think of a les paul and the way it sounds and looks onstage.

i'm sure he can pull off a classical gn'r tone, there's not much science to it, in fact it's pretty simple, and the guy is endorsed by gibson as well, so i'm sure he can find a proper les paul in a heartbeat.

Another thing in his sound that sounds nothing like gn'r is his Wah tone, i don't know what he is using but it sounds so high pitched, even more than kirk hammet's, so i hope he changes that.

however he may want to continue with his current setup and maintain the same sound, for me personally, it doesn't really cut it, but then again i'm one fan in millions and i don't have a say in the matter.

let's wait to see what he brings to the table, we're just scared, regardless of liking the guy or not, one can't deny he is a very accomplished musician and i'm sure he is more than sensible to this matter, being a guitar player himself and a producer as well.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:03:04 PM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: