Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247495 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #400 on: March 24, 2009, 12:51:03 PM »

dj is the newest.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #401 on: March 24, 2009, 12:54:15 PM »

Ron and Ashba are leads and Richard plays some too, I guess.

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #402 on: March 24, 2009, 12:59:28 PM »

Give him a fucking break and wait and see how it sounds.   And considering he's now the band's lead guitarist,

case in point, Robin sounds completely different in NIN than he does in GnR.

Is he for real the new lead guitarist? Shouldn't that be Ron?

Ron is a lead too. They have two lead axeman. plus Richard is capable of doing lead too.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #403 on: March 24, 2009, 01:03:58 PM »

I don't think many people are blaming Guns N' Roses for moving foward.

I don't know how and why Robin made his decision, but I do know that I didn't like it and I'm not happy with him. And well, you can't really compare his work on GNR and NIN...

Just to clarify, I understand how some fans are upset and/or sad about the fact that he left.

That's not the issue.

It's more about respecting his wishes and understanding that the band should be free to move forward.

So the way I see it, saying things like "GN'R needs Robin" isn't fair to him or the band.

He seems excited about going on tour with NIN and that's all that matters.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #404 on: March 24, 2009, 03:27:39 PM »

GNR ADDS DJ: DJ Ashba, the talented L.A.-based guitarist who was a member of Nikki Sixx?s Sixx A.M. and rap-rockers Beautiful Creatures, has joined Axl Rose?s Guns N? Roses, replacing Robin Finck, who returned to Nine Inch Nails last year. "DJ's a gifted, energetic guitarist that Guns N' Roses is proud to have on board!!... Once DJ's name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!!" Rose said in a posting on his website. The group is expected to announce a tour for later this year. Sounds to us like the handiwork of Katie McNeil, who worked with DJ while at Motley Crue's management company Tenth Street Entertainment before moving over to Front Line to handle Neil Diamond and, yep, Guns N' Roses.(3/24a)

Hits Daily Double

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #405 on: March 24, 2009, 04:21:38 PM »

I guarantee you in a few months when we start hearing DJ play much like every other guitar player we have had i.e. Buckethead, Finck  or whoever nobody at first knew what to expect and after a while we all start praising these guys for all the work they did and im sure whatever DJ adds to this band whether its live or in studio or both his accomplishments will be admired by all GNR fans i cant  remember yet a situation in which anyone has said anyone who ever played in GNR sucked
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #406 on: March 24, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »

i cant  remember yet a situation in which anyone has said anyone who ever played in GNR sucked

+100

The whole Les Paul thing I'm reading cracks me up.  Here's an example of how I see that going down...

Axl:  "Dj, a Les Paul would sound great on a lot of songs we play"
Dj: "Thanks Axl, I think I'll play a Les Paul on songs that it would fit best"

Chicago 11/15/11
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #407 on: March 24, 2009, 04:36:20 PM »

now, does anyone of you really thinks Axl cares which kind of guitar his band plays ...  confused ... really?

the thing with BBF for was more of a joke ...

i cant  remember yet a situation in which anyone has said anyone who ever played in GNR sucked

Slash sucked (and still does)  hihi

-velimir
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 04:37:56 PM by velimir » Logged
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #408 on: March 24, 2009, 04:43:54 PM »

does anyone of you really thinks Axl cares which kind of guitar his band plays

Without question, yes.  You can't bring a Fender Strat or an Ibanez onstage and get the feel and tone of a Gn'R song across, it would sound foreign. 

My point is guitarists that are as talented as these guys can pretty much pick up anything.  Ashba could drop the Music Man for a Les Paul/Gibson and not miss a beat. Gn'R has never been a "whammy bar band", so all the tremelo style guitars are out the window.  The pick-ups in Gibson guitars are pretty distinct, so the Flying Vs and SGs can sound pretty close to Les Pauls if you tweek them.

Slash sucked (and still does)

In the context of recent discussions, that's pretty damn hilarious!

Chicago 11/15/11
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #409 on: March 24, 2009, 05:46:19 PM »

Im sorry, but I cant help but laugh at doomsday GNR fans who are somehow convinced GNR can't go on without Robin Finck. are u kidding me? u replaced Izzy,Slash,Duff,Steven,Matt,Buckethead....  I think they will be ok. Just a hunch.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #410 on: March 24, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »

I don't think many people are blaming Guns N' Roses for moving foward.

I don't know how and why Robin made his decision, but I do know that I didn't like it and I'm not happy with him. And well, you can't really compare his work on GNR and NIN...

Just to clarify, I understand how some fans are upset and/or sad about the fact that he left.

That's not the issue.

It's more about respecting his wishes and understanding that the band should be free to move forward.

So the way I see it, saying things like "GN'R needs Robin" isn't fair to him or the band.

He seems excited about going on tour with NIN and that's all that matters.

/jarmo

That's true. It was hard to understand but that's the thing...

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #411 on: March 24, 2009, 08:03:51 PM »

Im sorry, but I cant help but laugh at doomsday GNR fans who are somehow convinced GNR can't go on without Robin Finck. are u kidding me? u replaced Izzy,Slash,Duff,Steven,Matt,Buckethead....  I think they will be ok. Just a hunch.
D,your missing the point. Of course GNR will go on. It will go on as long as Axl wants it to go on. Regardless of who leaves they can always find replacements.

The point though is when is enough, enough? How many times can you change the "comeback/new" lineup and expect it to be effective? If Axl wants to continue with the GNR name then people expect him to back such a bold move up. The stop and go's, and the constant lineup changes is doing nothing but ruining the gnr name and more importantly the greatness that is CD.

He doesnt want a reuion? Ok, fine. But lets fukin go already. Release some albums and go out there and tour with a band that can justify keeping the name. Enough of this stop and go, ever revolving, excuse laden comeback.

Ill even lower the standards and say you dont have to have aband that equals old gnr. That ship came and went with the 02 lineup. All anyone around here is asking for is some dam consistency.

Go out there and be everywhere. Be guns n fukin roses again. Axl captured that attitude and spirit on CD now show it to people who havnt seen the lught yet... If people dont wanna buy into it...fine...but atleast go down with a fukin fight. Get in peoples faces. Roll up the sleeves and take care of business.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:17:58 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #412 on: March 24, 2009, 08:10:20 PM »

GNR are NIN, Smashing Pumpkins and whoever else now

Guns N Roses is Axl and whoever he decides to have in the band.

I've accepted it.

Ashba over Finck is like the Yankees getting to start CC Sabathia instead of Phillip Hughes

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #413 on: March 24, 2009, 08:13:58 PM »

GNR are NIN, Smashing Pumpkins and whoever else now

Guns N Roses is Axl and whoever he decides to have in the band.

I've accepted it.

agreed.

Ashba over Finck is like the Yankees getting to start CC Sabathia instead of Phillip Hughes
CC is overated.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:21:05 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #414 on: March 24, 2009, 08:28:31 PM »

Release some albums and go out there and tour with a band that can justify keeping the name.

The album was just released at the end of 2008. Next up, the tour.  ok

Ill even lower the standards and say you dont have to have aband that equals old gnr. That ship came and went with the 02 lineup.

Stop posting your personal opinion as fact.  Tongue

It's a "funny coincidence" that only Buckethead fans keep going on and on about 2002.  hihi

And also going on about how Robin was the only "star" of the band besides Axl.

I'm pretty sure that if Richard had taken all the solo spots Robin played, you'd be saying the same about him!

Or Ron for that matter.

Just because one guy gets a bunch of solo posts, he's suddenly the only "star" in the band.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #415 on: March 24, 2009, 08:31:07 PM »

D and younggunner, it took me a long time to realize  that this version of GNR is not what it used to be since I was/and still am a classic GNR fan. It's now Axl Rose and the revolving line of musicians aside from Tommy and Dizzy. I like it though since you hear different styles of music. My hope now is that Ashba will help bring back that balls to the wall attitude that made GNR.  
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #416 on: March 24, 2009, 08:33:13 PM »

The album was just released at the end of 2008. Next up, the tour.  
That is not how the rock world sees it  ok

Stop posting your personal opinion as fact.  

It's a "funny coincidence" that only Buckethead fans keep going on and on about 2002.  

And also going on about how Robin was the only "star" of the band besides Axl.

I'm pretty sure that if Richard had taken all the solo spots Robin played, you'd be saying the same about him!

Or Ron for that matter.

Just because one guy gets a bunch of solo posts, he's suddenly the only "star" in the band.....
Has nothing to do with who plays the solos for the old material.

Heres whats funny...or maybe the truth...

People love/loved Slash and Izzy why? Because they wrote material.

Who wrote material for CD? Bucket...Robin

not Fortus/ Bumble

A monkey can play guitar with this band and some of you people would have no problem accepting that. The monkey is Axl certified and your good to go. For others, it doesnt work like that.

Bumble is here by default. Not because Axl wanted him initially.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:39:56 PM by younggunner » Logged

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #417 on: March 24, 2009, 08:35:19 PM »

Exactly who are you trying to insult??  Roll Eyes

I think the Yanks are STUPID

Did they not pay attention to how shitty CC was for Cleveland last year in the AL? The only reason he did so great was because he went to the watered down NL and those hitters weren't use to him.

HUGE mistake to give that guy 140 million over 6 years.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #418 on: March 24, 2009, 08:36:38 PM »

CC is good but hes not MR Johan Cool

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #419 on: March 24, 2009, 08:36:59 PM »

Dude, I can't say it enough

Robin wrote 1 song out of what 14?

So how is he a main Writer?

PLUS

one thing I really agree with Jarmo on

IF those guys choose to not be in the band? what the heck can Axl do? Just quit? retire?

I don't understand how people can accept a band as GNR without the original members and then all of a sudden not except them cause a couple of the new guys decide they don't want to be in the band anymore.

makes no sense, cause the first hurdle for me, is much tougher to get over than a couple of new guys leaving.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: