Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:22:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247486 times)
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #620 on: April 08, 2009, 05:17:51 PM »

I say let him tour and then BEG and PLEAD with Robin and Bucket to come back.

I hate people who are stuck in the past. Time to MOVE ON!  rofl

Having nothing to do with whatever the future holds for Ashba...I would love to have Bucket back in the band at anytime. Not to say the band can't move on without him, but he's amazing. And I don't feel "stuck in the past at all"
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #621 on: April 08, 2009, 05:26:48 PM »

while I generally agree with this.. its much more understandable for people to wish for those guys to come back when its more recent history.. they were a big part of the album.  what i dont understand is people who whine for shit thats been the way it is for the last 15+ years!

but yea, we have no control over these types of things and should just accept GNR for who they are.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #622 on: April 08, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »

while I generally agree with this.. its much more understandable for people to wish for those guys to come back when its more recent history.. they were a big part of the album.  what i dont understand is people who whine for shit thats been the way it is for the last 15+ years!

but yea, we have no control over these types of things and should just accept GNR for who they are.

So it's generally ok to want Robin and BH back but not other memebers?  hihi

I can't say I was a big Robin fan before he joined GN'R , he did a decent job at getting his part done though. I'm really excited to see how DJ operates within the band, he looks like he'd be a fit for GN'R if it was '93 you know he has that whole vibe on him. The summer tour is going to be really great, I wonder if DJ will be doing Slash's lead? Robin would have his nights and then he'd be off imo, I hope DJ can nail them!  beer
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #623 on: April 08, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »

provide an opportunity for this band.
is not just because I love Axl and DJ that I say  love, but because I wish they go amazing
axl deserves it,  Kiss don`t you think so??
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #624 on: April 08, 2009, 08:50:19 PM »

He is good, but he is just another session player. There are tons of "session players" in L.A waiting to get the call. This time it's him, next time it will be someone else and so on... you know, whatever.

Welcome to DJ Ashba though  Tongue

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 09:04:05 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #625 on: April 08, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »

Who know's ? after GnR tour Ashba could go back to Six AM ?? it could be the same situation with past members who leave.  I mean you never know, GnR is unpredictable ! that's one of the reason's I like them.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #626 on: April 08, 2009, 09:26:23 PM »

He is good, but he is just another session player. There are tons of "session players" in L.A waiting to get the call. This time it's him, next time it will be someone else and so on... you know, whatever.

I bet that's what some said about your hero Richard Fortus too.

Ironic how you worship a guy who was labeled the same way you label DJ.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #627 on: April 08, 2009, 09:51:02 PM »

I bet that's what some said about your hero Richard Fortus too.

Ironic how you worship a guy who was labeled the same way you label DJ.

/jarmo

Actually I'm willing to bet more people would call Fortus a "session" man more so than DJ. I don't think he is a "session" player he's done BC and Sixx A.M he knows his way around good rock music.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #628 on: April 08, 2009, 09:54:29 PM »

Stuck in the past because..."it's been fourteen (or so) years of silence, it's been fourteen years of pain, it's been fourteen years that are gone forever and I'll never have again....I tried to see it your way."

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #629 on: April 08, 2009, 10:00:02 PM »

people can want whatever they want.   nothing we do can change anything.

All i'm saying is, BH and R are both all over the album and Axl has said he's open to working with both in the future.   There departures from the band are more recent and the album came out.. so its more understandable.  And theres a good chance they will both feature on future albums as well.   

I am happy with whatever band Axl has together as I know he will only work with guys who bring their A-game.   
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #630 on: April 08, 2009, 10:55:02 PM »

All i'm saying is, BH and R are both all over the album and Axl has said he's open to working with both in the future.   There departures from the band are more recent and the album came out.. so its more understandable.  And theres a good chance they will both feature on future albums as well.   

I am happy with whatever band Axl has together as I know he will only work with guys who bring their A-game.   

I wouldn't say its a "good chance" Jim Bob, but I am hopeful. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #631 on: April 08, 2009, 11:17:39 PM »

go back and read the transcripts from Axl's chats.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #632 on: April 08, 2009, 11:51:45 PM »

go back and read the transcripts from Axl's chats.

I have, but so much can change, however, I look forward to it, but maybe Axl will love what DJ and Ron come up with.  You never know....
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #633 on: April 09, 2009, 11:25:39 AM »

What the fuck is a 'session player'.
You can play guitar or you can't, and some can play it even better than others...
what's a session player...

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #634 on: April 09, 2009, 11:41:06 AM »

You can play guitar or you can't, and some can play it even better than others...

Session players are people who play for artists. They are employees and get a contract to tour most of the time.
For exemple, musicians who play for Madonna, Britney Spears, Paul Mc Cartney etc... are what we call "session players". They are here to play the music. They have no input on the music and they arent part of a real band, there's one solo artist (here Axl Rose) and a cast of rotating session players with a contract playing around him and for him. They don't lead the band.

For exemple the old band wasn't a session players thing. They all had input and all were a part of Guns N' Roses. They formed Guns N' Roses, they were Guns N' Roses. Same for AC/DC, U2, Metallica etc... they are their own band.  The band they are in is their own baby. they made the child all together.

It's like a company, you have the associates (the guys who built the company and ARE the company, the guys who take the decisions), and the employees who get a job, a contract and a paycheck by their Boss.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 11:47:01 AM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #635 on: April 09, 2009, 12:08:19 PM »

Session players are people who play for artists. They are employees and get a contract to tour most of the time.
For exemple, musicians who play for Madonna, Britney Spears, Paul Mc Cartney etc... are what we call "session players". They are here to play the music. They have no input on the music and they arent part of a real band, there's one solo artist (here Axl Rose) and a cast of rotating session players with a contract playing around him and for him. They don't lead the band.

For exemple the old band wasn't a session players thing. They all had input and all were a part of Guns N' Roses. They formed Guns N' Roses, they were Guns N' Roses. Same for AC/DC, U2, Metallica etc... they are their own band.  The band they are in is their own baby. they made the child all together.

It's like a company, you have the associates (the guys who built the company and ARE the company, the guys who take the decisions), and the employees who get a job, a contract and a paycheck by their Boss.

Wow, if you think that the other guys have no input in the music, you should A) go back and read the liner notes for the album, and B) go back and read Tommy's interview in Bass Player magazine.  You're completely off-base here.

Ali
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #636 on: April 09, 2009, 12:26:10 PM »

Wow, if you think that the other guys have no input in the music, you should A) go back and read the liner notes for the album, and B) go back and read Tommy's interview in Bass Player magazine.  You're completely off-base here.

Ali

Just want to double-up on what you said.  While the description of a session player is accurate, the implication of the band besides Axl as being session musicians is way, way off-base.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #637 on: April 09, 2009, 01:17:58 PM »

I think both are great, and together will be strengthened. Smiley
I am very eager to see them, I think Axl could not find a better guitar player, composer, a great artist, talented, versatile with extensive knowledge of music, ... also a sensitive soul and his energy is so incredible. love
a creator as a few   Kiss
He brings his madness scenic.
will be really amazing   love

One thing we know....female fans love him  Roll Eyes

Robin and Bucket have left there marks on GN'R history sometimes you got to just move on...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #638 on: April 09, 2009, 01:49:26 PM »

my feelings exactly - if any musician is good enough in Axl's opinion to be part of the Guns family - they have my support and interest immediately.  The standards are high and if he feels they have been met then that's good enough for me to welcome a new member! I certainly wont be able to judge his playing/style/suitability with GnR until I've seen DJ myself with GnR live - fingers crossed for gig news soon!  I am aching to see GnR live again   beer

My want for Bucket back has nothing to do with the DJ Ashba, and I by no means am I judging him before I/we see him play with the band. I just happen to really like Bucket's playing. As someone else posted, I don't feel that my desire for him to be back in the band is totally outlandish either. It's not that I have a hard on for someone who was in the band 15 years ago. He was just all over that album, an album that we all think is great. Why wouldn't I want someone who was a huge contributer on that amazing album to be back?...I digress.

Speaking of DJ, I tried to go on youtube and watch some videos of him. I couldn't find anything good (not to say he isn't). Does anybody have something that is really cool, or even a title that I can search for. Anyway, I am anxious as shit. Personally, I hope he comes out and blows everyones socks off, mine included. That may seem like a strange comment after the above statement...but it makes sense to me. What it comes down to is simple. Guns n Roses should at all times have arguably the greatest rock vocalist (Axl) and a totally dynamic guitar player. I think Bucket filled that role amazingly. this is one of the reasons that I was always fine with Slash's departure. As good as he was/is, his playing hasn't changed all that much and the sound of the band did, kind of had to really.

So really, I just want that role filled. And since I know Bucket could, and Robin as well for now I want them to come back. But I think Ron could take the role, or even DJ for that matter. We'll see I guess. I'm just dying to know is all.
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #639 on: April 09, 2009, 02:45:44 PM »

SirTed:

if you want to know DJ history  love, start here, this album is 1996, look!!! he is a child: Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa6ezq7hH9A&feature=related
he is really amazing   
after that, look Beautiful Creatures
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fhPIqLIryQ&feature=PlayList&p=1BF7C0C2097A8444&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V2-yjfx40Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBgY5LBfDxw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQnHAIn12P8

and them .... Sixx AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LORPOEoSVx4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4OcQS8z2VQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za5mASzQezg&NR=1

tell me if you need more, information about his life, pictures, etc etc
 Smiley

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 02:49:06 PM by angeles » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »