Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:20:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 247485 times)
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #640 on: April 09, 2009, 02:50:57 PM »

So it's generally ok to want Robin and BH back but not other memebers?  hihi

people can want whatever they want.   nothing we do can change anything.

All i'm saying is, BH and R are both all over the album and Axl has said he's open to working with both in the future.   There departures from the band are more recent and the album came out.. so its more understandable.  And theres a good chance they will both feature on future albums as well.   

I am happy with whatever band Axl has together as I know he will only work with guys who bring their A-game.   

my feelings exactly - if any musician is good enough in Axl's opinion to be part of the Guns family - they have my support and interest immediately.  The standards are high and if he feels they have been met then that's good enough for me to welcome a new member! I certainly wont be able to judge his playing/style/suitability with GnR until I've seen DJ myself with GnR live - fingers crossed for gig news soon!  I am aching to see GnR live again   beer

My want for Bucket back has nothing to do with the DJ Ashba, and I by no means am I judging him before I/we see him play with the band. I just happen to really like Bucket's playing. As someone else posted, I don't feel that my desire for him to be back in the band is totally outlandish either. It's not that I have a hard on for someone who was in the band 15 years ago. He was just all over that album, an album that we all think is great. Why wouldn't I want someone who was a huge contributer on that amazing album to be back?...I digress.

Speaking of DJ, I tried to go on youtube and watch some videos of him. I couldn't find anything good (not to say he isn't). Does anybody have something that is really cool, or even a title that I can search for. Anyway, I am anxious as shit. Personally, I hope he comes out and blows everyones socks off, mine included. That may seem like a strange comment after the above statement...but it makes sense to me. What it comes down to is simple. Guns n Roses should at all times have arguably the greatest rock vocalist (Axl) and a totally dynamic guitar player. I think Bucket filled that role amazingly. this is one of the reasons that I was always fine with Slash's departure. As good as he was/is, his playing hasn't changed all that much and the sound of the band did, kind of had to really.

So really, I just want that role filled. And since I know Bucket could, and Robin as well for now I want them to come back. But I think Ron could take the role, or even DJ for that matter. We'll see I guess. I'm just dying to know is all.

I find it humorous that if a person happens to "really like" a guitarist playing , they are shunned but with others it's not. BH was gone in '04 , Slash in '96. So it was '01 when it had been 5 years from his Slash's departure, and when people even hinted at wanting him back in the 01/02 tours it was put down. 5 years,15 years,2 Months, who ever is in the band is IN the band and we should appreciate it as is. GN'R setlist consisted of mostly AFD and UYI songs , Slash being a "huge contributer" so why wouldn't people want a huge contributer on a great album back?

Anyways I couldn't find anything "amazing" from DJ on youtube or else where, but he has some pretty good moments. IMO it seems like the people he was playing with didn't allow him to use his full amount of skills, and in GN'R that shouldn't really be a problem  beer
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #641 on: April 09, 2009, 03:09:40 PM »

GN'R setlist consisted of mostly AFD and UYI songs , Slash being a "huge contributer" so why wouldn't people want a huge contributer on a great album back?

Roll Eyes  oy fuckin vey

One more time, Axl .....with feeling...

Quote from: Axl
Give me a fucking break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #642 on: April 09, 2009, 03:16:25 PM »

GN'R setlist consisted of mostly AFD and UYI songs , Slash being a "huge contributer" so why wouldn't people want a huge contributer on a great album back?

Roll Eyes  oy fuckin vey

One more time, Axl .....with feeling...

Quote from: Axl
Give me a fucking break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.

I'm not saying I want Slash back, I'm saying by the same logic we shouldn't want ANYONE back into the band. The work that has been done has been done and stayed. In the same regard Slash made in AFD , BH has done in CD. Let's see what the future holds.

Why wouldn't I want someone who was a huge contributer on that amazing album to be back?...I digress.

Thats the statement I took issue with.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #643 on: April 14, 2009, 03:35:27 PM »

..Some people have something very special about them....and you just can?t explain it.

DJ has that certain special something....

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #644 on: April 14, 2009, 10:39:41 PM »

once again ... DJ is so sweetyyyyyy  love
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #645 on: April 14, 2009, 11:19:17 PM »

Here today gone to DJ Ashba groupies  hihi
Welcome there to all Dj Ashba fans

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #646 on: April 15, 2009, 03:51:28 PM »

So it's generally ok to want Robin and BH back but not other memebers?  hihi

people can want whatever they want.   nothing we do can change anything.

All i'm saying is, BH and R are both all over the album and Axl has said he's open to working with both in the future.   There departures from the band are more recent and the album came out.. so its more understandable.  And theres a good chance they will both feature on future albums as well.   

I am happy with whatever band Axl has together as I know he will only work with guys who bring their A-game.   

my feelings exactly - if any musician is good enough in Axl's opinion to be part of the Guns family - they have my support and interest immediately.  The standards are high and if he feels they have been met then that's good enough for me to welcome a new member! I certainly wont be able to judge his playing/style/suitability with GnR until I've seen DJ myself with GnR live - fingers crossed for gig news soon!  I am aching to see GnR live again   beer

My want for Bucket back has nothing to do with the DJ Ashba, and I by no means am I judging him before I/we see him play with the band. I just happen to really like Bucket's playing. As someone else posted, I don't feel that my desire for him to be back in the band is totally outlandish either. It's not that I have a hard on for someone who was in the band 15 years ago. He was just all over that album, an album that we all think is great. Why wouldn't I want someone who was a huge contributer on that amazing album to be back?...I digress.

Speaking of DJ, I tried to go on youtube and watch some videos of him. I couldn't find anything good (not to say he isn't). Does anybody have something that is really cool, or even a title that I can search for. Anyway, I am anxious as shit. Personally, I hope he comes out and blows everyones socks off, mine included. That may seem like a strange comment after the above statement...but it makes sense to me. What it comes down to is simple. Guns n Roses should at all times have arguably the greatest rock vocalist (Axl) and a totally dynamic guitar player. I think Bucket filled that role amazingly. this is one of the reasons that I was always fine with Slash's departure. As good as he was/is, his playing hasn't changed all that much and the sound of the band did, kind of had to really.

So really, I just want that role filled. And since I know Bucket could, and Robin as well for now I want them to come back. But I think Ron could take the role, or even DJ for that matter. We'll see I guess. I'm just dying to know is all.

I find it humorous that if a person happens to "really like" a guitarist playing , they are shunned but with others it's not. BH was gone in '04 , Slash in '96. So it was '01 when it had been 5 years from his Slash's departure, and when people even hinted at wanting him back in the 01/02 tours it was put down. 5 years,15 years,2 Months, who ever is in the band is IN the band and we should appreciate it as is. GN'R setlist consisted of mostly AFD and UYI songs , Slash being a "huge contributer" so why wouldn't people want a huge contributer on a great album back?

Anyways I couldn't find anything "amazing" from DJ on youtube or else where, but he has some pretty good moments. IMO it seems like the people he was playing with didn't allow him to use his full amount of skills, and in GN'R that shouldn't really be a problem  beer

So I finally checked out most of the links provided by angeles, THANKS!
The guy can obviously play, that I can see, and as WTTJ said, I feel like he could shine even more in GNR. I can even appreciate a number of the female fans being excited for this dude to be in the band. Without stepping on too many toes, I wish he'd ditch the eye makeup though. I know it's a staple of metal and all, I just don't think that it really works for him. He looks really freaking effeminate to me. Obviously, it appears to be working for him judging by the reaction by the ladies around here...so maybe I don't know what I am talking about.

Either way, it looks like the guy is going to bring a really cool sound to GNR so I am looking forward to the tour.
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #647 on: April 17, 2009, 02:39:13 PM »

i`m happy!!!!!!!  Smiley  good news!!!!
SirTed is the first : DJ`s man fan!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley
... don`t be cruel, DJ es so beautiful, is not effeminate, is beautiful, he likes to decorate and he is his own company.
he has a look similar to Tommy Lee (remember that the drummer who was with him in his first CD is the husband of Lee`s sister ) love
i can`t post photos because i don`t know how to do.
any of you ... can teach me???  Smiley
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #648 on: April 17, 2009, 04:15:55 PM »

@ angeles, Here you are
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=16583.msg286409#msg286409

welcome to HTGTH, DJ fans  beer

But tommy lee pics may not be so necessary, I might add.  Tongue

angeles
Rocker

« Reply #649 on: April 17, 2009, 06:52:57 PM »

@ angeles, Here you are
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=16583.msg286409#msg286409

welcome to HTGTH, DJ fans  beer

But tommy lee pics may not be so necessary, I might add.  Tongue

THANKSSSSSSS ppbebe  Kiss
you are so sweettyyy!!!  Smiley
don?t worry, i don?t like tommy ...
i only want to show you why i said DJ is so sweety

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 06:57:49 PM by angeles » Logged
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #650 on: April 19, 2009, 08:31:47 PM »

DJ...showers with monkeys?  These are things I wish I didn't know...just want to hear him play!  Is showering with monkeys any more wierd than building a chicken coop in a recording studio, or watching TV in the closet?  Thank God BBF is Normal/Abnormal.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #651 on: April 19, 2009, 08:35:09 PM »

DJ...showers with monkeys?  These are things I wish I didn't know...just want to hear him play!  Is showering with monkeys any more wierd than building a chicken coop in a recording studio, or watching TV in the closet?  Thank God BBF is Normal/Abnormal.

Only God knows what else he does with the monkey!  hihi
axlsbrain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #652 on: April 19, 2009, 10:18:38 PM »

It hurts me to say this, as i love this f'ing band and they will always be my favorite, but I believe that every guitarist in guns n' roses has been more talented, better technically, and better soloists that dj ashba.  forgive me for jumping the gun on him, as i know he has not even done a show with the band, or played on chinese democracy or the future album.  I have listened to ashba's music and have seen the few videos of him on youtube.  although he is a good musician, i heard and saw nothing that made him stand out as a great or unique guitarist.  i do not think he is in the same ballpark as the guitarists in the band currently or in the past: robin, richard, bumble, bucket, izzy, slash (i exlude paul tobias from this list as i think he's only done rock in rio III with the band, and I'm not to familiar with his current band).  I really hope he proves me wrong, but i'm a pretty good judge of talent on guitar.  Its all relative i guess.       

i've never really cared about the way the band members have looked either, as the music is the most important thing for me.  i didnt mind buckethead's look, as strange as it was, because he is one of the greatest guitarists on the planet.  DJ is 36 years old and looks like he should be in avenged sevenfold or good charlotte with his look.  women love him though, which is good for the band as more of them will be going to the shows and buying tickets and cd's. 

I trust axl's decision, and i hope that ashba proves me wrong.   

am i a terrible fan for saying this?  does anyone feel the same way?
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #653 on: April 20, 2009, 12:24:19 AM »

I was never overly impressed with Robin (though I still supported him as a member of the band).   I'm pretty happy to see what DJ Ashba cab bring to the band.

Also I don't think you can really group those guys together.

robin, richard, bumble, bucket, izzy, slash

I just don't think that bucket and Slash are in the same league.   Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a lot of Slash's work.  But in the same league as Buckethead?  I don't think so.  And I'd place Robin lower down on that list too.

Personally, I would thank them as:

Bucket
Bumble
Slash
Izzy
Richard
Robin

I'm sure Izzy is a better rhythm player than Slash, but the list is what it is.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:26:52 AM by Howard2k » Logged

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #654 on: April 20, 2009, 03:50:09 AM »

I was never overly impressed with Robin (though I still supported him as a member of the band).   I'm pretty happy to see what DJ Ashba cab bring to the band.

Also I don't think you can really group those guys together.

robin, richard, bumble, bucket, izzy, slash

I just don't think that bucket and Slash are in the same league.   Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a lot of Slash's work.  But in the same league as Buckethead?  I don't think so.  And I'd place Robin lower down on that list too.

Personally, I would thank them as:

Bucket
Bumble
Slash
Izzy
Richard
Robin

I'm sure Izzy is a better rhythm player than Slash, but the list is what it is.

Guitar playing or songwriting?

Playing..
Bucket
Slash
Robin
Bumble
Izzy/Richard

Writing (for GnR or otherwise)
Izzy
Bucket
Slash
Robin
Bumble
Richard

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #655 on: April 20, 2009, 05:44:58 PM »

dj reminds me of robin in those pics
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #656 on: April 20, 2009, 06:03:11 PM »

Guess there's something about the expressions on their faces. yes
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #657 on: April 21, 2009, 01:03:24 AM »

I wouldn't say its a "good chance" Jim Bob, but I am hopeful. 

I was amazed that Bucket's parts remained 6 years after he recorded them and 4 years after he left!  Axl must have really liked his work.  Therefore I would say there is a good chance he'll be on the next album also.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #658 on: April 21, 2009, 01:40:40 AM »

thats what i thought when i saw the 2nd picture
Grasshopper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #659 on: April 21, 2009, 01:58:26 AM »

This is what Axl needed, he needs someone who is a strong songwriter something lacking since Izzy left the band. Hopefully axl and dj will be writing in the near future.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: