Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 06:52:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Mentor American Idol Rock Week
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Mentor American Idol Rock Week  (Read 68258 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2009, 12:58:33 PM »

I did watch the interview, and whereas the question he was answering was in regards to finding a singer via a reality show, the answer was very clearly about reality shows in general.  There was another - written - interview recently in which he talked about how pathetic stars who go on reality TV are, too.
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2009, 01:03:11 PM »

Yeah and Richard has played with everyone from NSync to now Rhianna......

oh how everyone forgets

He's a musician.  It's his job to play music... who he plays with is none of our concern.
Appearing on a TV show (especially one such as this) in any capacity other than as a performer or interviewee is completely different.

I did not know about Brain being on The Apprentice, but my respect for him just went down a bit, too.

Like I said before, I'm not saying musicians can't do what they want... but I'm certainly not going to pretend it doesn't bother me when a musician I like decides to piss on his art by cashing in on it like that.  I'm not going to respect someone who pisses on their art, either.

It's funny how in one topic you rejoice at Duff hating the idea of going onto a reality show, but in this one you're acting like going on a reality show is a fantastic idea.  At least be consistent.

If u watched the Duff interview, u would see he was against a reality show to find a singer for VR a la Rockstar Inxs or those shows. that was what I was referring to.

Slash did well on AI and although I hate AI, I thought Slash made it cool for a couple nights.

The singers on SChool's out did shitty though.

Spare me the geeky Joker lines and get a life. Slash played guitar, that's what he does best. Plays with anyone, anytime, and owns the stage. Now, go back and play with your Batman dolls.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2009, 01:43:08 PM »

Some of you guys are so funny.  Wahhh Slash did AI,  I can never forgive him.  I wasn't the biggest fan of his performance of School's Out, but it was cool to see him do a solo and make an appearance.   Whether or not you like the show, he probably played in front of 6 million viewers.   I'm sure it is also because his kid's are a fan of the show.   Really, who fuckin cares that much.   If you knew anything about Slash, this wouldn't surprise you.   I just care about the music, not the image.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:44:53 PM by Trist805 » Logged
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2009, 02:05:37 PM »

Some of you guys are so funny.  Wahhh Slash did AI,  I can never forgive him.  I wasn't the biggest fan of his performance of School's Out, but it was cool to see him do a solo and make an appearance.   Whether or not you like the show, he probably played in front of 6 million viewers.   I'm sure it is also because his kid's are a fan of the show.   Really, who fuckin cares that much.   If you knew anything about Slash, this wouldn't surprise you.   I just care about the music, not the image.

AI usually gets between 25-35 million viewers per episode
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2009, 02:10:26 PM »

AMERICAN IDOL TOP 4 MENTOR SLASH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0slrLAM22I

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2009, 02:13:45 PM »

For me, personally, it's not about being angry at Slash for doing AI.  It's just when he goes on a show that is well-known to receive roughly 30 million viewers a night, it's hard to argue against him being someone who desires and enjoys being in the limelight.  Maybe the term "whore" for the limelight was rough, but it is hard to argue against it with going on AI.

Ali
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2009, 02:30:27 PM »

So does Dancing With The Stars.  Maybe Slash can be on that show next season.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: May 07, 2009, 02:33:19 PM »

LOL! I'm trying to picture that. It would never happen. My wife was asking why Slash never clapped on AI, I said "Because he's Slash." It's the quiet cool.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2009, 03:39:14 PM »

The point that is being missed here is, Slash was on a "MUSIC" show

Dancing with The Stars is a Dancing show. Certainly u can see the difference.

Duff is against Reality shows like Rock Of Love and Celebrity Rehab and stuff like that.

Slash mentoring Young musicians is still music related at least.

I think it is wrong  calling a famous entertainer a media whore as 99 percent are media whores.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2009, 04:01:23 PM »

I think it is wrong  calling a famous entertainer a media whore as 99 percent are media whores.

so if 99 percent are media whores they should not get called on it? i must have misinterprated that?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2009, 04:30:26 PM »

That's horse shit dude. A media whore is a media whore no matter how many others are as well.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: May 07, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »

actually that show doesn't get that many viewers  Smiley
maybe about 15-17.5mil
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2009, 04:54:26 PM »

I'm sure it's in the works.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2009, 05:12:19 PM »

Yeah and Richard has played with everyone from NSync to now Rhianna......

oh how everyone forgets

He's a musician.  It's his job to play music... who he plays with is none of our concern.
Appearing on a TV show (especially one such as this) in any capacity other than as a performer or interviewee is completely different.

I did not know about Brain being on The Apprentice, but my respect for him just went down a bit, too.

Like I said before, I'm not saying musicians can't do what they want... but I'm certainly not going to pretend it doesn't bother me when a musician I like decides to piss on his art by cashing in on it like that.  I'm not going to respect someone who pisses on their art, either.

It's funny how in one topic you rejoice at Duff hating the idea of going onto a reality show, but in this one you're acting like going on a reality show is a fantastic idea.  At least be consistent.

If u watched the Duff interview, u would see he was against a reality show to find a singer for VR a la Rockstar Inxs or those shows. that was what I was referring to.

Slash did well on AI and although I hate AI, I thought Slash made it cool for a couple nights.

The singers on SChool's out did shitty though.

Spare me the geeky Joker lines and get a life. Slash played guitar, that's what he does best. Plays with anyone, anytime, and owns the stage. Now, go back and play with your Batman dolls.

Is anyone else wondering where the fuck this came from? Undecided
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #214 on: May 07, 2009, 05:13:56 PM »

It had to do with the question if my balls dropped off. He's still a doll-playing geek.   hihi
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #215 on: May 07, 2009, 05:16:31 PM »

It had to do with the question if my balls dropped off. He's still a doll-playing geek.   hihi

a) I think you quoted the wrong post.
b) There's nothing wrong with being a geek.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #216 on: May 07, 2009, 06:36:01 PM »

This video's quality is a little better...

Top 4 w/Slash singing "School's Out" on American Idol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haVRE3aJZk8

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2009, 12:27:24 PM »

Thursday, May 07, 2009

American Idol.

Hello All!

So as many of you know, Slash mentored on American Idol for Rock Week this week, and let me tell you, it was one hell of a good time.
We had so much fun going to the show and taking our boys, and the perfomances were all absolutely amazing.
Slash got to work with some very talented young artists, and we really enjoyed the experience.
However, we were pretty shocked and upset to learn that Allison would be going home this week.
We really believe that she has amazing vocals, and should have made it to the final two. Either way, all four of the contestants are all talented enough to do something in the music world, and I am excited to see where they are all headed.

Peace,
Perla

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2009, 12:57:05 PM »

Thanks funkymonkey for all the updates, here! 

To be honest, I've never had any interest in this show and still don't, so I really don't know a lot about it other than what I hear, but I enjoyed watching all the videos from this past week. 

Who the fuck cares if Slash chose to mentor the show on Rock Week?  It's Rock Week and he's a legendary rock and roll guitarist and his appearance certainly gave a little bit of excitement to the show.  Maybe brought other viewers in, like me perhaps, who wouldn't otherwise give a shit.  Whether you think he's selling out or whoring himself out or not, it's 2009 and not 1989. The state of TV shows and the music business in general is different today.   

I, for one, enjoyed it for what it was and see no need to make more out of it than that.     
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »

Of course Slash enjoys the limelight. He wouldnt love going out on stage everynight if he didnt. The same as every other performer enjoys the limelight.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: