Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:57:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Mentor American Idol Rock Week
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Mentor American Idol Rock Week  (Read 68570 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 01:51:05 AM »

April 29, 2009

Next week, "Idol" takes a sharp turn to the left with rock ?n? roll week, mentored by Guns N? Roses star Slash.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2009/04/this-time-it-really-is-over-for-matt.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 02:24:04 AM »

maybe he will ask seacrest to be the new vr singer! could'nt get much worse. & i almost died laughing when i heard seacrest say "next week we will have slash on". but its a win win for slash. those people watching ai are the people that buy cd's. if axl did ai chinese democracy would sell alot more. (sad but true)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 02:29:06 AM »

SlashHudson:  Who is this?

How is it u can reach me directly?
about 4 hours ago from txt   

What the hell is this all about.  Ive taken the above comments from Slash's twitter

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 03:43:53 AM »

SlashHudson:Next week should prove to be very interesting. #f

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 05:40:12 AM »

The people who say Slash has the right to do whatever he wants?  You're absolutely right.
But by the same token, others (including myself) have the right to have no respect for him because of what doing whatever he wants has entailed lately.  Volkswagen, Microsoft, Guitar Hero and this to be specific.

It's not what needs to be done to keep your name out there.  Think of the musicians who manage to do that without ever sinking as low as this.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2009, 05:47:41 AM »

The people who say Slash has the right to do whatever he wants?  You're absolutely right.
But by the same token, others (including myself) have the right to have no respect for him because of what doing whatever he wants has entailed lately.  Volkswagen, Microsoft, Guitar Hero and this to be specific.

It's not what needs to be done to keep your name out there.  Think of the musicians who manage to do that without ever sinking as low as this.

I think the issue here is boredom.  Slash is known for always rushing around doing something.  which is were he got the nickname from.  Its just a fun way of keeping busy.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2009, 08:07:23 AM »

I don't think boredom is the issue.  It's more of an action to keep his popularity and image up and possibly reach an all time high.  He LOVES the exposure and being in the spotlight.  That's the bottom line here.  There are a lot of rock stars who could make this move but don't.  And it's not because they're not bored.

The one thing I will say for Slash, it's becoming pretty apparent that he doesn't care what other people think, for better or worse.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2009, 11:04:06 AM »

The one thing I will say for Slash, it's becoming pretty apparent that he doesn't care what other people think, for better or worse.

Thats a fair analysis.  Personally though, I like to see Slash out and about.  Id hate to not have a clue were he is for 2 years or something.  I like to know what all ex GNR are up to.  From Slash's twitter though, it doesn't look like they're working that hard on finding a VR singer.  I haven't seen any mention of Duff/matt or Dave up there. 

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2009, 01:42:32 PM »

KERI KELLI To Perform With SLASH On 'American Idol' - Apr. 30, 2009

Keri Kelli (ALICE COOPER, VINCE NEIL, SLASH'S SNAKEPIT, SKID ROW, WARRANT, RATT) will join VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash for next week's "mentor" appearance on "Rock Week" on "American Idol". Slash wrote on his Twitter account, "I'm going to attempt to make 'Rock Week' on 'American Idol' exactly that."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=119176

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2009, 02:34:40 PM »

I watch American Idol every week and even look forward to it!  Think what you want, but there are some talented kids on that show.  I probably would never have gotten into it but my wife loved it since the first season and it gives us something to enjoy together.  As for Slash doing the show, I say good for him.  Its about time they've brought a hard rock celebrity to the show, considering how well Daughtry and David Cook have done, there are obviously plenty of fans of the show that are into music other than pop, country and r&b.  It will be interesting to hear him give advice though considering that this is a singing competition!  Watch for Allison Iraheta, she can definitely rock.  And Adam Lambert has an incredible voice, and can hit some high notes very remeniscent of the metal years.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2009, 03:26:08 PM »

Pathetic !

Thanks Giant Robot...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 11:47:29 PM »

April 30, 2009 - Thursday

weekly update

Hey all, as you may or may not know, the producers for American Idol have asked me to be the mentor for "Rock Week" next week. I was reluctant at 1st, but they offered me the freedom to do it however I wanted.

More importantly, there are a few singers this year who are really impressive. Its the 1st time any AI line-up has really caught my attention.

The approach I'm taking is different than usual on the show, & I'm going to make this as Rock & Roll an American Idol as possible, wish me luck!

See you next week, cheers!
Slash

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2009, 12:06:20 AM »

I can't believe it's reached this point.  Guess there's no turning back now.

Will Slash perform with any of the contestants or is he just doing behind the scenes stuff?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »

I dont think AI is a particularly cool program, but does it really bother some of you THAT much? I mean what the hell?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2009, 10:57:50 AM »

Will Slash perform with any of the contestants or is he just doing behind the scenes stuff?

I took Blabbermouth's story to mean he's doing something...

Keri Kelli (ALICE COOPER, VINCE NEIL, SLASH'S SNAKEPIT, SKID ROW, WARRANT, RATT) will join VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash for next week's "mentor" appearance on "Rock Week" on "American Idol".

And from Slash's Twitter...

The contestants from AI picked some really cool songs for next week, thank god!

about 7 hours ago from txt

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2009, 12:07:05 PM »

Keri Kelli (ALICE COOPER, VINCE NEIL, SLASH'S SNAKEPIT, SKID ROW, WARRANT, RATT) will join VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash for next week's "mentor" appearance on "Rock Week" on "American Idol". Slash wrote on his Twitter account, "I'm going to attempt to make 'Rock Week' on 'American Idol' exactly that."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=119176

I don't care who he plays with or what he does as long as it's not Kelly Clarkson, because then I'll have lost my bet with Jim Bob.   hihi
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2009, 01:15:09 PM »

Daughtry, No Doubt, Slash On Tap For 'American Idol' Rock Week

May 01, 2009

Chris Daughtry is set to debut new material on the show that made him famous. The singer announced today (May 1) that his band Daughtry will return to "American Idol" on May 6 to perform its new single, "No Surprise," during the show's Rock Week, which will also feature a performance by No Doubt and former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash as the contestants' mentor.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/daughtry-no-doubt-slash-on-tap-for-american-1003968528.story

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2009, 02:59:09 PM »

good luck!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2009, 04:26:30 PM »

I don't care who he plays with or what he does as long as it's not Kelly Clarkson, because then I'll have lost my bet with Jim Bob.   hihi

hihi This thing next week is moving you pretty damn close to losing that bet  hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »

Who is Keri Kelli?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: