Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 12:51:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Request GN'R CD tracks today on AOL Radio using your Twitter page
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Request GN'R CD tracks today on AOL Radio using your Twitter page  (Read 36347 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2009, 07:50:32 PM »

I just logged into my girlfriend's twitter and requested a bunch more since mine stopped workin

I usually try not to talk ill towards anybody but I am very fucking disappointed in other "GNR" websites.

I posted this and nobody cared. one even accused me of spamming.

Damn cd.com, no one has even logged in all day

sad

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2009, 04:46:21 AM »

Too bad we couldn't get much participation from other sites.....    no 

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/07/21/most-requested-songs-all-request-station/

Next time we REALLY should focus on ONE or TWO songs. Seems like that's the way to go to make it into the top 10.

GNR isn't even mentioned as "other notable vote getters".... 

EDIT: just noticed that aolradio tweeted that GNR is among the "runner ups" and will be played in medium rotation....  So looks like we did scratch the surface! Cool!!   ok

Will be interesting to see what will happen next time if we can agree on one or two songs.....    Wink

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 04:59:56 AM by Naltav » Logged

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2009, 05:26:51 AM »

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/07/21/most-requested-songs-all-request-station/

Next time we REALLY should focus on ONE or TWO songs. Seems like that's the way to go to make it into the top 10.

EDIT: just noticed that aolradio tweeted that GNR is among the "runner ups" and will be played in medium rotation....  So looks like we did scratch the surface! Cool!!   ok

Will be interesting to see what will happen next time if we can agree on one or two songs.....    Wink

Problem is (and I found myself doing the same) I have a feeling we are not getting enough people to vote. GNR maybe getting enough requests as a whole cause the ones who are requesting are doing it so 6 or 7 times each. If all of us are doing the same, obviously there won't be a song in particular that really stands out from the rest.

Some poster said you can't tweet the same song twice? I voted for SOD twice and I don't know if aol counted both requests or just one.

I think we should be certain about how many times we can request the same song first and then...we can decide which song to request.

We all have our personal favorite songs from CD. Mine are Madagascar, Shackler's and Rhiad these days, but I don't feel neither could be single potential, whereas SOD or TIL are. Songs like Scraped, If the World, Rhiad are also songs that could be considered, but if GNR releases another single, What song could possibly get the most airplay and/or exposure? In my opinion, it has to be a ballad. We've had two singles, both rockers. Time for a ballad now.

We could also have a poll running to see what song should get the most requests..

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »

Problem is (and I found myself doing the same) I have a feeling we are not getting enough people to vote. GNR maybe getting enough requests as a whole cause the ones who are requesting are doing it so 6 or 7 times each. If all of us are doing the same, obviously there won't be a song in particular that really stands out from the rest.

Some poster said you can't tweet the same song twice? I voted for SOD twice and I don't know if aol counted both requests or just one.

I think we should be certain about how many times we can request the same song first and then...we can decide which song to request.

We all have our personal favorite songs from CD. Mine are Madagascar, Shackler's and Rhiad these days, but I don't feel neither could be single potential, whereas SOD or TIL are. Songs like Scraped, If the World, Rhiad are also songs that could be considered, but if GNR releases another single, What song could possibly get the most airplay and/or exposure? In my opinion, it has to be a ballad. We've had two singles, both rockers. Time for a ballad now.

We could also have a poll running to see what song should get the most requests..

Agreed!

TIL is most likely the song that has the potential of catching people's ears...

I just got back from a long drive to the north of Norway. Me and my girlfriend drove with her sister. I brought CD along for the ride. My "sister in law" is not exactly a rock fan. When I put CD in the stereo, she was like:"Oh, here comes the screamer!" (not an Axl Rose-fan!) But when TIL came on, she commented that she REALLY liked that song. When it was done she actually skipped back to hear it one more time....   Smiley

So regardless of our personal preferences, it would be cool if could focus on one or two songs that has the potential of being a hit among "none-rock-fans"

Would be fun if we could have poll, to deicide this.....   yes

Stavanger-rock-city!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/07/17/aol-radios-all-request-station-tues-july-21st/

You can request as many songs as you'd like, or request the same song over and over during the time period.

Cook got more than the 3 songs on the top ten but they were omitted because the radio has a limit par an artist..

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=guns+roses+%23aolradiorequest
http://search.twitter.com/search?max_id=2777289148&page=100&q=david+cook+%23aolradiorequest

with 15 requests per page they got 100pages we got 44pages. We were outnumbered.

still not a bad result to get the whole album in medium rotation.

It is a real thrill of being on a fan board to stand for what you really like with other fans.

i personally had a great fun again thanks to the board mates, aoldude and everyone who participated.   peace
And special thanks to those fanatics who challenged their update limits at twitter.  hihi thinnerlizzy  ratB  and some others you're so splendidly crazy.  ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2009, 11:17:53 AM »

I just logged into my girlfriend's twitter and requested a bunch more since mine stopped workin

I usually try not to talk ill towards anybody but I am very fucking disappointed in other "GNR" websites.

I posted this and nobody cared. one even accused me of spamming.

Damn cd.com, no one has even logged in all day

sad

sorry d for sorta having wished the displeasing mission on you. There're many dull meanies but i don't think it was a flatout fruitless call. some people must have seen your post at there and quietly tweeted. or they will next time. i admire your selfless deed.
Chronada
Opening Act

« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2009, 02:28:47 PM »

Well that was fun, it feels good to support my favorite band in any way possible.

Cheers to everyone who participated. Let there be better results next time!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2009, 04:15:03 PM »

yep next time please tell that to those who didn't participate.  ok

prostitute is played.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2009, 04:42:51 PM »

It was the same 7 or 8 people requesting over and over..... so I don't know how they count that.

I just hate people's attitudes

Axl don't care so why should we........

that to me is such bullshit.

As far as the internet goes, GNR have the worst fanbase by far IMO

Had I posted that link on a Bon Jovi forum, I guarantee u Bon Jovi would've easily been one of the top vote getters.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »

there was a time is on now tugging at my heartstrings.
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2009, 06:54:08 PM »

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/07/17/aol-radios-all-request-station-tues-july-21st/

You can request as many songs as you'd like, or request the same song over and over during the time period.

Cook got more than the 3 songs on the top ten but they were omitted because the radio has a limit par an artist..

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=guns+roses+%23aolradiorequest
http://search.twitter.com/search?max_id=2777289148&page=100&q=david+cook+%23aolradiorequest

with 15 requests per page they got 100pages we got 44pages. We were outnumbered.

still not a bad result to get the whole album in medium rotation.

It is a real thrill of being on a fan board to stand for what you really like with other fans.

i personally had a great fun again thanks to the board mates, aoldude and everyone who participated.   peace
And special thanks to those fanatics who challenged their update limits at twitter.  hihi thinnerlizzy  ratB  and some others you're so splendidly crazy.  ok

haha! i tried requesting with my previous twitter account which i made the last time these requests were open but nothing went through so i made the thiner lizzy one. if this happens every month i might end up with a whole bunch of twitter accounts.  hihi

what i suggest to anybody who has some time on their hands the next time AOL does this thing, just go for it. there's no penalty for requesting over and over so no need to be mature and restrained. D, you deserve praise for posting this info on other sites but if there's not too many of us GNR fans requesting then we have to maximize what we can do with the few of us here.

what i noticed was that when i alternated the same 2 songs, i felt that some of my tweets didnt go through. so i ended up expanding the number of songs that i was focusing on.

Prostitute just played. hope they pay close attention to the requests insteaad of just playing Better and Prostitute as a symbol of all GNR requests. the whole album deserves to be played.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2009, 07:08:06 PM »

Yeah, I ended up messing up and voted Prostitute like 200 times but where it was consecutive, most of them didn't show up

so next time, I know to alternate.

I'm going to alternate Shackler's,TWAT,TIL and Prostitute as they are in my opinion the  most commercial songs.

rabia
Rocker

« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2009, 03:13:04 AM »

I heard Prostitute, There Was a Time and This I Love today. Smiley
Chronada
Opening Act

« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2009, 07:48:39 AM »

Listened for about 5 hours yesterday. Heard There Was A Time, and Prostitute once each within that time frame.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2009, 04:24:10 PM »

It was the same 7 or 8 people requesting over and over..... so I don't know how they count that.

oy oy, d you said the exact opposite some pages ago. hihi

na not just the same 7/8 peeps but i assume around 40ish gnr fans tweeted. finding time to make a few requests although busy. A tweet or many pages of tweets, everyone's contribution was appreciated by me.  beer
(Still rabia, you won my applause. Shocked  i should have known your crazy. )

And D your messaging wasn't in vain. I went to the two forums to see new positive responses to your threads. They heard you and took part. A Big Laugh at the ass (or mares) besmirching the places. You showed class.

if you see your requests on your profile and not on the link i posted, i guess you left out a letter or 2 of #aolradiorequest. i did that last time. 'aolradioreques' hihi

otherwise you reached to your hourly limit of twitter updates.
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2009, 09:38:12 PM »

oy oy, d you said the exact opposite some pages ago. hihi

na not just the same 7/8 peeps but i assume around 40ish gnr fans tweeted. finding time to make a few requests although busy. A tweet or many pages of tweets, everyone's contribution was appreciated by me.  beer
(Still rabia, you won my applause. Shocked  i should have known your crazy. )

And D your messaging wasn't in vain. I went to the two forums to see new positive responses to your threads. They heard you and took part. A Big Laugh at the ass (or mares) besmirching the places. You showed class.

if you see your requests on your profile and not on the link i posted, i guess you left out a letter or 2 of #aolradiorequest. i did that last time. 'aolradioreques' hihi

otherwise you reached to your hourly limit of twitter updates.

hehe! yeah i was singing "Youre Crazy" and pointing to myself the entire time I was tweeting.  hihi

i heard There Was a Time today.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2009, 12:46:08 PM »

i was listening to better when i posted that.  Grin

i've heard Better prostitute and there was a time 3 times so far.
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2009, 10:04:48 PM »

i heard If the World and Scraped today, once each.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2009, 11:37:36 PM »

Playing "Sorry" right now.

http://player.play.it/player/aolPlayer.html?v=4.5.23&ur=1&us=1&id=16929

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2009, 03:16:47 AM »

also heard Prostitute today.

in GNR related note, they also played Stuck Inside from Angel Down and Life is Beautiful.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: