Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:51:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228067 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FAKE: There might already be an alternative CD cover out there....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAKE: There might already be an alternative CD cover out there....  (Read 14847 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 11:21:11 AM »

I wouldn't be calling fake so fast - you may end up looking foolish.

There's no cd with that cover on sale at Best Buy.

That's a fact and makes this a fake.

The art itself isn't fake. It's a painting by Shi Lifeng.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 12:50:56 PM »

Look at the spine.
Here is a comparison of the spine on the copies of CD that we all have

and the spine of the new disc.

What say you to this?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 12:59:47 PM »

I don't speak that particular language.

I would like to hear the story behind this cd.

Where did it come from?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 02:45:11 PM »

Got this image off another forum

Thoughts?

you can see where the sticker has been peeled away at the top left corner and re-used on this jewel case

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
AC
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 02:46:35 PM »

It's the same cover being used for the CD guitar book.

AC

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 02:50:17 PM »

It's the same cover being used for the CD guitar book.

AC

so it is  http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_b?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=guns+roses+chinese&x=11&y=14

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 02:52:48 PM by wadey » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 03:46:03 PM »

I don't get it. Why would Axl & Company re-release CD again with a different cover?Huh Huh
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 03:48:18 PM »

Posting another picture doesn't exactly answer the question he asked you, which was where did it come from?

They're being posted on another forum...maybe that's why you don't have an answer.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 05:22:55 PM »

The theory there: this alternative cover would come from the first batch of CDs from Best Buy with different covers that got scraped before the album release. That would explain the Best Buy stuff.

Also, the guy claimed this copy is on ebay or something and then another guy said he has it already (and posted this Chinese Democract lyrics to prove).

Look at the spine.
Here is a comparison of the spine on the copies of CD that we all have

and the spine of the new disc.

What say you to this?

This is a combination of the chinese characters. The original one is Guns N' Roses and the "new" one is "China Democracy" or "Chinese Democracy". Wouldn't be that hard to put the two togheter because its on the original booklet.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 05:24:50 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 07:49:28 PM »

Got this image off another forum

Thoughts?

you can see where the sticker has been peeled away at the top left corner and re-used on this jewel case
I agree it kind of appears that way, BUT I don't know that it's too easy to peel off those stickers that easily.  I could be wrong, but I saw the 2 copies at Newbury Comics and the stickers were still on the disc, just torn to pieces so you could read it clearly.  If it was so easy to peel off I'm sure they would've peeled the thing off instead of scratching parts of it off so you couldn't read any of it.

The question remains though, where did this come from?  Who has it?  How'd they get it?  If that is, they didn't create it themselves.  And I'm not looking for the answer, "someone from another forum."

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »

I liked the amusement park cover =P

This pic, according to someone in another forum, is from someone selling the CD on ebay or something... if it's fake, I don't know... some people do have A LOT of time on their hands...

On another note, does anyone know chinese?  hihi I' ve always wanted to know what is written there on the side... Roll Eyes
http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5557&p=2

Posted by Dreamline
Heh.  Sorry guys.  I had planned to do thread about it and got sidetracked somewhere.

I'm fluent in Japanese, not Chinese.  Japanese uses many of the same characters and variations of characters that Chinese does, but obviously it's not the same language.  So this is based on my knowledge of Chinese characters, some internet research, and also from talking to a Chinese translator that works at my company.

I should figure out a better layout for this, but anyway...

Page 5:

First 2 are "dream", second 2 are "street".  "Street of Dreams"

Page 6:

"China's democratic (political) system."  I didn't notice this myself, but my Japanese GF said that this is crappy caligraphy - the individual characters are not well-balanced.  She says it looks like someone who doesn't know Chinese wrote it while looking at something.  Take that for what it's worth.

Page 9:

Had to look this one up.  "To scrape"

Page 10-11 (both the same):

Chinese Democracy.  Technically, I think it says China Democracy, but don't quote me on that.

Page 14:

The character for "Yuan", I think, which is the currency of China.  Can also mean "money", which explains its use on the IRS lyrics page.

Page 15:
(The image I had was shitty)
Madagascar

Page 16:

The character for "love".  Appropriate, but translating it to "This I Love" is a stretch IMO.

And finally...the bottom of the new logo:

"Democracy"

And the spine of the jewel case:

Guns and Roses.

This is interesting though.  It does say "Guns n' Roses," but I think it's "wrong."  I made this image to show how I think the band name is actually written in China:

Basically, the 2nd character is different, but both mean "and."  However, this version gets about 87,200 hits on Google, while the album version gets only around 7,500 hits.  When I first started translating these - back before the album release when we only had the leaked liner notes, I believe there were even less hits.  Incidentally, the online translator Bablefish spits out the version that is on the CD jacket.

Thank you very much!!!
Haha. Grin

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I?m gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 08:33:10 PM »

The question remains though, where did this come from?  Who has it?  How'd they get it?  If that is, they didn't create it themselves.  And I'm not looking for the answer, "someone from another forum."

What I was getting at was...they are being posted on another forum.  I don't think anyone here knows.  If I'm wrong, someone share. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 08:54:11 PM »

Why bother trying to peel off the sticker when you could just swap the whole jewel case?

This sticker discussion is irrelevant.  Smiley Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 09:21:53 PM »

Why bother trying to peel off the sticker when you could just swap the whole jewel case?

This sticker discussion is irrelevant.  Smiley Smiley

The sticker is on the shrink wrap on most cds....

Why not share information with us since you seem to know all about it?

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 10:45:41 PM »

Any additional scans will get removed. Don't bother posting.

If you want to get all their surprises ruined in advance, don't expect me to help.

/jarmo

troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2009, 11:36:41 PM »

Any additional scans will get removed. Don't bother posting.

If you want to get all their surprises ruined in advance, don't expect me to help.

/jarmo

I can understand removing any additional scans since the argument could be made that this is a bootleg copy of an official item, possibly made for profit.  But I don't get the part where you are talking about surprises.  Are you implying that it is official and someone got their hands on an advance copy (and stupidly placed a Bestbuy sticker on the front of the case)?  Just curious, not trying to be a jerk.

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2009, 11:44:48 PM »

I'm not sure what to think of it.

If it's a fake, then it shouldn't be posted because of that reason alone.

If it's real, then it shouldn't be posted because it's not out.

Just like the leaks ruined a lot of surprises for a lot of people, that kind of scans could do the same thing.

I'm not gonna have them posted and then find out they were the real thing.

/jarmo

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 11:50:52 PM »

Maybe Del can give us an answer? 
gav
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 07:10:15 AM »

OK ladies and gents,

to further whet your appetites!

BTW looks like new vinyl is coming too!!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:16:43 PM by Bang Tidy » Logged
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 07:28:40 AM »

I know some artists have had different covers before I don't understand the point, unless there is extra's involved or something?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: