Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 06:32:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228026 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Will we ever see the Chinese Democracy special edition?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will we ever see the Chinese Democracy special edition?  (Read 3892 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« on: October 22, 2009, 03:27:49 AM »

Ok so there have been rumours floating about this, and Axl himself spoke about different booklet/cover combos for CD.

How great would it be to finally see Axl's true vision for the booklet itself?

Just wanted to get people's thoughts on the likelihood of this happening.

I can't help but think a special edition release to conicide with the tour would be amazing.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 04:07:17 AM »

Would be incredible  Grin That thrown together packaging was a low point in my CD experience, I cant wait to see an approved version if it exists.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 07:27:10 AM »

I think we should be happy for this upcoming tour. Is time to stop asking, asking and asking. We wanted a tour...now we have a tour. Personally, I can't ask for more...

It would be cool. Totally. But I think we should focus on the tour.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 08:11:33 AM »

I half expect it for this tour.... They need to promote the band and album like hell to want this to work... As great as '02 and '06 were, this tour will fail with those results since the album is out...

I'd love for them to release it, but if they don't I wouldn't lose any sleep over it
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 08:15:09 AM by Mr. 3000 » Logged
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 10:56:02 AM »

That would be too easy a way to pinch another ?10 out of my wallet!

If they did do this, it'd be nice to see a couple of extra songs, perhaps a reworked OMG and Silkworms in or something like that

Here today...ready to rock
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 11:12:35 AM »

Putting it out with a live disc as a 'Tour Edition' would justify it, easily. Bonus tracks would be even better, but I think after how much Axl has toiled over these sessions he's not going to just throw an unheard song out there.

I always found it pretty weird that none of the GNR back catalog albums have had official special edition re-releases. AFD desperately needs remastering.

And there goes the challenger...
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 11:29:20 AM »

Most likely there will be a commemorative edition in Japan for the band's upcoming shows as usual.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 11:45:12 AM »

I always found it pretty weird that none of the GNR back catalog albums have had official special edition re-releases. AFD desperately needs remastering.

What about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guns-N-Roses-Appetite-For-Destruction-Gold-CD-MFSL_W0QQitemZ280410672325QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item4149c74cc5
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 03:55:14 PM »

What about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guns-N-Roses-Appetite-For-Destruction-Gold-CD-MFSL_W0QQitemZ280410672325QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item4149c74cc5

MFSL's issues are limited mail-order things aimed at audiophiles rather than widely available remasters.

And there goes the challenger...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 02:41:21 PM »

Putting it out with a live disc as a 'Tour Edition' would justify it, easily. Bonus tracks would be even better, but I think after how much Axl has toiled over these sessions he's not going to just throw an unheard song out there.

Why does it need to be desperately remastered?  What's wrong with the sound on Appetite For Destruction?

The labels try to sell you on the fact that remastered is better.  You fell for that, son?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 03:16:42 PM »

Why does it need to be desperately remastered?  What's wrong with the sound on Appetite For Destruction?

The labels try to sell you on the fact that remastered is better.  You fell for that, son?
I agree. The whole remastering thing is way overrated. Cheap way to sell the same product over and over.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 03:39:18 PM »

I agree. The whole remastering thing is way overrated. Cheap way to sell the same product over and over.

LOL at the Beatles remasters that came out on 9/9/09
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: