Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 03:17:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Jarmo's Canadian Tour 2010 Blog Discussion
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jarmo's Canadian Tour 2010 Blog Discussion  (Read 22839 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: January 10, 2010, 12:16:12 PM »

Since his "Canadian tour blog" thread is LOCKED and this leg of the tour is gonna be something like 3+ weeks long, I thought it might be fun to comment on this awesome adventure Jarmo is sharing with us.  Cheesy

I'm soooooooo fuckin happy for (READ 'jealous of') Jarmo!!!

According to a lot of posts in the different threads in the 'Tour' section, it's going to be really really cold in Canada but since Jarmo lives in Sweden, he must be used to the extreme cold and packed accordingly, so once he gets to Canada, the weather really shouldn't be an issue for him.

Unfortunately for him, he lives in Sweden and is (hopefully by now "was") stuck at the airport cause his flight is/was delayed for like 4+ hours due to the cold and snow!!!

If he can ever get out of Sweden, he's gonna think Canada is having a heat wave!!!  hihi

HERE'S TO WISHING THE BEST TO JARMO AND EVERYONE ELSE AT THE CANADA SHOWS!!! beer

HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!!! peace

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 01:58:10 PM »

You missed your flight Jarmo?..Hopefully you get to Canada without anymore problems...Weather isnt to bad in Ontario today...but u wont be here for another week or so i dont think

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
saz
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 02:08:58 PM »

its going to be hovering around the zero mark come wednesday in time for the wiinipeg show... by winnipeg standards thats a heat wave. cant wait for the show, ill be right up at the front
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 02:26:31 PM »

Apparently it snowed a lot here in Germany.

So the flight here was delayed and I missed my Canadian flight.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AC
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 02:34:51 PM »

/jarmo

You're coming to Canada early. Hopefully not direct to Winnipeg! haha. Not much to do there... Smiley

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 02:40:06 PM »

You're coming to Canada early. Hopefully not direct to Winnipeg! haha. Not much to do there... Smiley

Since he's stuck in Europe, how "early" he'll get there is questionable at this moment.  hihi

Hope things go smoothly tomorrow, Jarmo.  Have a safe trip.  Smiley

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »

I guess if your going to travel this time of year you can expect some delays. Hope it all works out!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 09:13:52 AM »

It may be a stupid question, but where can I find Jarmo's blog?

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 09:16:52 AM »

It may be a stupid question, but where can I find Jarmo's blog?

At the top of the threads page

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=58677.0

Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 09:35:17 AM »

Agh, thanks.
Somtimes I am to blind to see...  Smiley

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 11:02:53 AM »

Watch out for the taxes in Canada Jarmo. Went there for some shows a couple of months ago and really got nailed when I went to dinner with friends. I was amazed at how bad the taxes are compared to the states. Don't get me wrong Canadian brothers, you have a beautiful country and the people were phenomenal but the taxes are kind of ridiculous.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 11:12:06 AM »

Watch out for the taxes in Canada

the taxes are kind of ridiculous
yeah, no shit dude. I'm Canadian and I think it's ridiculous too.

I'm pretty sure that Canada is the most Over-Taxed country in the whole world.  rant
Madman 666
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 11:52:34 AM »

Wouldn't be so bad if the US Dollar was still worth something.  Back in the day you could get 100 Canadian dollars for every 60 or so America.  Now the ratio is about 1:1

Oh well, I still love Canada and hope I can find an excuse to travel there at least every year if not more
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 11:58:08 AM »

I'm pretty sure that Canada is the most Over-Taxed country in the whole world.  rant
Canada pays less tax then many European countries.  Canada unlike the U.S. is not on the verge of bankruptcy.  I am not a fan of taxes but considering many of the States in the U.S. or on the brink of bankruptcy and if China every recalled the loans the U.S. would be screwed. 
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 11:59:40 AM »

/jarmo

Welcome in germany Wink Grin

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 12:38:33 PM »

Canada pays less tax then many European countries.  Canada unlike the U.S. is not on the verge of bankruptcy.  I am not a fan of taxes but considering many of the States in the U.S. or on the brink of bankruptcy and if China every recalled the loans the U.S. would be screwed. 

Im not pissing on Canada. Im just saying that it was pretty shocking to be charged 3 different type of taxes. A hundred dollar dinner came out to 150.00. Fifty dollars in taxes is alot. Had a great time in Canada though. You people sure know how to party. Excellent Beer too.
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 01:26:25 PM »

/jarmo

yes,it snowed alot in Germany...

MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 01:34:50 PM »

C'mon jarmo, where's the update?

I'm jonezin here!  nervous

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »

Im not pissing on Canada. Im just saying that it was pretty shocking to be charged 3 different type of taxes. A hundred dollar dinner came out to 150.00. Fifty dollars in taxes is alot. Had a great time in Canada though. You people sure know how to party. Excellent Beer too.

Yes it can be.  I wasn't insulted by your comment only pointing out that sadly the taxes we pay are necessary.  Don't worry I was bitching about our taxes last week when On a $3300 check I lost $1200 to different taxes and deductions such as EI, union dues etc.  (and no I do not make that much money it had a large 1 time a year bonus on it)  If you want to come to Canada for a party come up at the end of Nov to the Grey Cup week (Canada's Superbowl) it is just a week long party and will be in Edmonton this year.  I know a number of Americans who went to the GreyCup when Baltimore had a team in the CFL (Canadian football league) and have gone for 14 years now.  It is a ton of fun. 

But anyways back to discussing Jarmo's travel blog.  Good luck Jarmo I hope you make it to Canada in time for the show in "The Peg" 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:12:52 PM by thesloth » Logged
AC
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 02:33:29 PM »

Sorry to say, wherever you went you got ripped off. We don't have 50% in taxes here. In Alberta we have 6%, in some others there are 12-13%. The difference between the prices here and in the States is that we don't incorporate the taxes into the price.

AC

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: