Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:18:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Winnipeg Concert Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Winnipeg Concert Discussion  (Read 73312 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #340 on: January 17, 2010, 11:00:53 PM »

I can't believe you think someone could consider Espa?a as a southamerican country...

I didn't either until you showed up!  Shocked
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #341 on: January 17, 2010, 11:02:37 PM »

I can't believe you think someone could consider Espa?a as a southamerican country...

I didn't either until you showed up!  Shocked

Did you read me? I explained why I included Spain in that list. Is not because we think is in South America is because there's a lot of people in that forum because we share language!

Never include Espa?a in Southamerica. I had a mistake typing "for southamerican fans" and that's it

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #342 on: January 17, 2010, 11:23:13 PM »

Seriously guys, who cares if Espana is in Antarctica

I love Frank's drumming on Sorry, he really cranks up the intensity with his big fill

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #343 on: January 24, 2010, 02:05:05 AM »

We did not advise any security to ban any sort of apparel....  If they did, they did it on their own accord, or under someone else's order - from within their management. 

Undecided

Slash Gear Banned from Guns N' Roses Concert

Posted Jan 24th 2010

It all went down at the GNR show in Canada last Wednesday -- concert security informed fans that they were required to turn their Slash t-shirts inside out .... and leave their top hats outside.

TMZ spoke with a member of the concert security team who confirmed the marching orders -- and told us the instructions were passed down from a producer for the band.

We're told a few fans took the high road and went home ... but most just sucked it up and did what they were told.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/24/slash-guns-and-roses-axl-rose-clothing-shirts-hat/#ixzz0dVk4wxDF

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #344 on: January 24, 2010, 04:54:13 AM »

they are asses.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #345 on: January 24, 2010, 08:08:29 AM »

For southamerican fans...

Argentina: 23:00 hs. / Chile: 23:00 hs. / Colombia: 21:00 hs. / Espa?a: 03:00 hs / Mexico: 20:00 hs. /  Peru: 21:00 hs / Uruguay: 00:00 hs. / Venezuela: 22:00 hs.

Espa?a...is that Spain?

Isn't Spain a country in Europe right below France? I thought it was there, but hey, they speak spanish so it has to be close to Mexico...right?  confused

Exicted about the show tonight. Can't wait to see what surprises this leg brings  yes

Sorry...it's just because we have a lot of spanish people in GNRLA.

You're talking like I was stupid or something. Fuck you dude. You have no idea about me. If you want, one of these days I can add you and teach about geography, history...whatever you want. You asshole.

And to the person who said that Brazil was missing in that, it's just because you speak portuguese and GNRLA is in spanish.

Dude, you can't include Espana with Sudamerica and go on to offer someone geography and history lessons.

I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way.  Those are the rules.  That, and cursing out a staff member.  Even I haven't done that.  confused
I'm surprised too

But wait. What the fuck people here have to GNRLA? The guy makes a mistake and then act like we SHOULD know the message posted on HTGTH is directed only to GNRLA members? 

Giantrobott
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #346 on: January 24, 2010, 12:43:46 PM »

At the Calgary show there was a flag draped over the hockey boards with Gnr (old school) posing in front of an American Flag. Axl obviously had to see this seeing where it was and he didnt say much, its probably all management...Jerks.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #347 on: January 24, 2010, 02:13:18 PM »

Fernando Lebeis, the son of Beta Lebeis ? GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose's personal assistant ? has denied reports that security at GN'R's Winnipeg concert banned fans from wearing Slash gear inside the show.

According to TMZ.com, concert security informed fans at the January 13 show that they were required to turn their Slash t-shirts inside out .... and leave their top hats outside.

TMZ.com spoke with a member of the concert security team who "confirmed the marching orders ? and told [the web site] the instructions were passed down from a producer for the band."

However, Fernando Lebeis has denied that any such ban ever took place. Writing on a GN'R message board, he said, "We did not advise any security to ban any sort of apparel.... If they did, they did it on their own accord, or under someone else's order ? from within their management."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #348 on: January 24, 2010, 02:16:21 PM »

Fernando Lebeis, the son of Beta Lebeis ? GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose's personal assistant ? has denied reports that security at GN'R's Winnipeg concert banned fans from wearing Slash gear inside the show.

According to TMZ.com, concert security informed fans at the January 13 show that they were required to turn their Slash t-shirts inside out .... and leave their top hats outside.

TMZ.com spoke with a member of the concert security team who "confirmed the marching orders ? and told [the web site] the instructions were passed down from a producer for the band."

However, Fernando Lebeis has denied that any such ban ever took place. Writing on a GN'R message board, he said, "We did not advise any security to ban any sort of apparel.... If they did, they did it on their own accord, or under someone else's order ? from within their management."

Link: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133957

Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #349 on: January 24, 2010, 02:25:48 PM »

ah shit, fucking blabbermouth...  has it been 10 days yet?  nervous

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #350 on: January 24, 2010, 02:52:05 PM »

ah shit, fucking blabbermouth... 

Well, it's TMZ's story.  At least they ran Fernando's quote -- just sayin'. Smiley

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #351 on: January 24, 2010, 03:14:03 PM »

fernando didn't deny the security having banned whatever obviously he can't know everything a venue does.
but he denied GN'R advising it.
thus, fucking blabbermouth

what is 'a producer for the band'? Huh
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:16:10 PM by ppbebe » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #352 on: January 24, 2010, 03:46:56 PM »

fernando didn't deny the security having banned whatever obviously he can't know everything a venue does.
but he denied GN'R advising it.
thus, fucking blabbermouth

I still say they're the only ones running GNR's side of the story.  And I just saw that UPI has picked up the original article.

helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #353 on: January 24, 2010, 05:32:29 PM »

This whole Slash attires story has made the news here in Brazil too, it was posted at UOL (one of our biggest news site) as if it was all true and coming from Axl himself, because of his beef with Slash. A big Slash picture adorning the news. Fuck that shit!

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #354 on: January 24, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »

This whole story about the shirts at Winnipeg is rediculous. Firstly if somebody attends a GN'R show in 2010 in a Slash shirt, they've got to be a casual fan who's totaly out of the loop or it's somebody who's trying to cause problems. I personally think it was a senior security person at the venue getting carried away. We've already heard from Fernando and common sense would tell you it happened exactly like he said it.

Why would GN'R start to implement this policy after all the touring they have done (North America 2002, Europe 2006, Mexico - Australia - Asia 2007, and the Asian shows in last December)?.

It's just the media doing what they love to do again, which is highlighting this crap instead of the positives.

Lee   
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #355 on: January 24, 2010, 08:35:49 PM »

yeah too much positives coming out in the press these days, they had to find something LOL

inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #356 on: January 24, 2010, 09:00:58 PM »

If you wear an old school GnR shirt that happens to have Slash (and Duff, Steven, etc.) but you also accept the new lineup, then i don't think it's a  big deal. But these idiots (mainly the Slash-blowers; you don't see any "where's Matt? or "where's Duff?" signs) who wear the Slash gear (if i see anyone in a tophat in Toronto I think I'll have to break out into a version of "Pants On The Floor" -- "lookin' like a fool with that tophat on your head") to boycott the new guitarists are just douchebags. This new lineup is Guns n' Fuckin' Roses. Deal with it or stay the fuck home! Personally, i think when Izzy left the band it was a much bigger loss than Slash musically, but i sure as fuck didn't heckle Gilby Clarke. I think security at the new shows should implement a new policy and warn "fans" that if they dress like Slash (i guess it's easier to wear the Slash Halloween costume to make a "statement" rather than try to look like Duff), then real fans have the right to beat their fucking ass if they start acting like assholes. This policy should also apply to the idiots who throw shit at the band.
It's so annoying how the media (and many "fans") love to automatically think Axl is at fault in every negative situation. To that, i agree with helenluna: "Fuck That Shit"
Those people just can't for some reason deal with the fact that Axl has moved on, Guns n' Roses has evoved, and the band is continuing to kick ass. Fuck 'em!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #357 on: January 24, 2010, 09:01:55 PM »

sorry to deviate from the topic but .. how much were t-shirts at this show ? I'm going to the show in moncton and am in highschool with only a  part time job .. so i was hoping to work enough in for like .. 2 t shirts or one sweater ? .. thanks a lot everyone  Smiley

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
saz
Opening Act

« Reply #358 on: January 24, 2010, 11:42:02 PM »

shirts were $40, so was a toque, which is ridiculous, but they shirts were sweet. one i especially wanted to get turned out to be a chicks shirt. so i hope some pretty ladies out there get one of those.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #359 on: January 25, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »

From Pollstar

About That GNR Item

Posted on Monday January 25, 2010

Evidently the story about Guns N? Roses banning Slash gear at its shows is nothing but a lot of hot air.

During the weekend TMZ reported that fans wearing T-shirts depicting former GNR guitar slinger Slash were to turn the shirts inside out if they wanted admittance to Axl Rose & Company?s gig in Regina, Sk., last Wednesday. The same report claimed fans wearing top hats similar to Slash?s trademark topper were told to leave the hats outside.

But now it?s looking as if the item is merely the latest less than factual factoid attributed to the band. Several media outlets claim they came up empty when trying to find anyone who actually experienced a Slash ban at a GNR show last week. Or, for that matter any week.

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2010/01/25/706730.aspx

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: