Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:53:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  ATTENTION: FAKE SELLERS ON EBAY
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATTENTION: FAKE SELLERS ON EBAY  (Read 6279 times)
AMONMAT
Headliner

KING OF THE ROW

« on: March 02, 2010, 05:45:11 AM »

For all the guys that buy gnr bootlegs on ebay:

BE CAREFULL!!

RECENTLY ARE CIRCULATING A LOT OF FAKES EXPECIALLY (PRO-CDR-S ).

Don't ever buy from this users:

- FORTUS_2008 (Hungary)---> Now He is selling a fake copy of a Power Gate Boots called "City of Illusion" and a fake copy of "Democracy at Tokyo") This Users changes always his username

- BRUTAL.FINDS (Japan) ---> He sells fake copy of: "Democracy at Osaka", "Democracy at Tokyo", "1988 Tour Special", "San Diego 1988"

- BRAVE NEW 2008 (Buenos AireS)---> Sells fake copy of "Last American Hero"(2007 Concert), and other gnr boot like "Accidental fucking Discharge" and "Don't fucking kill each other" . This Users changes always his username

YOU FIND THEM ON EBAY USA: PLEASE INFORM ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND WRITE TO THESE USERS TO STOP THIS! THEY ARE RIPPING OF COLLECTORS.

wadey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 09:50:24 AM »

have you got any proof of this?.........

ive just checked FORTUS_2008 feedback and he's sold some cool gnr boots all with great feedback and it all seems legit from what ive seen
BRUTAL.FINDS has also got cracking feedback and sold some pretty cool stuff
im saying i dont belive you but some proof or more info would be good

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
ice road trucker
VIP

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 10:05:30 AM »

YES I HAVE SEEM THE CD'S THE GUY SOLD THE CDR'S LOOK TOTLEY DIFFERENT THAN THE REAL 1'S SOLD
wadey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 10:08:50 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^
have you got any pics

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
AMONMAT
Headliner

KING OF THE ROW

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 05:39:54 AM »

You can easily trust in what locker and me are saying.
Recently a lot of fakes cds are been sold on ebay... don't ever buy any copy of Democracy at Tokyo/Osaka or every other shows from 2009...they are all fakes.
You can find the original ones only in Japan. These sellers are all suckers.

Anyway, there was a fake edition of "London Calling" - Marquee 1987 Boots on sale in Ebay UK, I have contacted the sellers and told him to remove this items and he has do it. Some minutes ago I have sent a report to fortus_2008 for the fake copy of "City of Illusion" - Wien 1992, I hope ebay will do something..

I'll let you know

wadey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 08:20:08 AM »

You can easily trust in what locker and me are saying.
Recently a lot of fakes cds are been sold on ebay... don't ever buy any copy of Democracy at Tokyo/Osaka or every other shows from 2009...they are all fakes.
You can find the original ones only in Japan. These sellers are all suckers.

Anyway, there was a fake edition of "London Calling" - Marquee 1987 Boots on sale in Ebay UK, I have contacted the sellers and told him to remove this items and he has do it. Some minutes ago I have sent a report to fortus_2008 for the fake copy of "City of Illusion" - Wien 1992, I hope ebay will do something..

I'll let you know

im not saying i dont beleive you.............its just that when a seller has sold over a 1000 items and he has 100% positive feedback it is kinda hard not to trust him if the item he is selling looks ok in the pics
democracy at tokyo etc are from japan but other countries do have them now and some sellers will be selling legit items

AMONMAT
Headliner

KING OF THE ROW

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 08:38:17 AM »

I'll give you an example:

"LONDON CALLING" MARQUEE 1987 - METAL SWORD RECORDS

I have bought it one year ago from The user "kamkamgnr" before he changed his account in "fortus_2008"

FAKE

ORIGINAL ONE

"CITY OF ILLUSION" WIEN 1992 POWER GATE

FAKE:

ORIGINAL ONE:

About the items sold by the users "brutal.finds" they are 100% all fakes, you can see the TDK marks on the cds  hihi

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 08:45:30 AM by AMONMAT » Logged

wadey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 09:00:49 AM »

cheers for the pics

i collect mostly vinyl and dont really bother with cd's so its nice to get some info from experienced guys who already own the originals
the 'city of illusions' cd set could look legit to the untrained eye and almost had me fooled  Embarrassed  hihi
also the 'london calling' fake looks more original than the original
when ive finished collecting all the vinyl (not long to go now) ill start with the cd's  peace

to be fair though, most of the stuff they are selling are fetching good prices and it must be a die hard collector to be paying that sort of money for it. if a die hard collector is paying good money for a fake which is sold as original and cant tell the difference then it must be good fake.

AMONMAT
Headliner

KING OF THE ROW

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 09:25:24 AM »

The difference is minimal,
but I prefer spend a lot of money for an original and not for a copy..

wadey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »

yes thats true. i would rather spend money and know im getting an original  ok

rokket30
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 10:46:17 AM »

"Power Gate" and "Metal Sword" only issued CD-R discs. On the pictures, what you call original CDs, all discs is CD-R!! I don't understand, what's the problem the fake discs, if they are doing well and is not otherwise get elsewhere. I bought from fortus_2008, some other bootleg CD-R discs and I'm totally satisfied with the quality. This guy is a friendly seller and I will buy from him more CDs in the future.

PS.: I wouldn't buy TDK fake copies...
dario27
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 11:14:11 AM »

guys sorry for the inconvenience, but can sombody explain this to me as you would to a really stupid person??  beer

what's "fake" about a bootleg?....... is it the quality, do "originals" come from SB directly and they sell regular AUD we get from webbies claiming they're SB??

thx
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 12:10:51 PM »

what's "fake" about a bootleg?....... is it the quality, do "originals" come from SB directly and they sell regular AUD we get from webbies claiming they're SB??

When a bootleg company offers a bootleg with an unshared quality then I am fine with it.
From a collector's point of view a true bootleg company release is quite cool too, although I really don't see the point in buying CD-R-bootlegs at all.
The most annoying shit are bootleg releases of companies that obtained the recording the free way here or through torrents. I don't understand people (collectors or not) that are buying these things because they encourage bootleg rip-off-companies to do these things even more.

To summarize it:
- a Silver CD bootleg is ok for me, especially if it has a source that hasn't been shared before
- CD-R-booltlegs are a no-go
- bootlegs that have the audio source that is available for free are a waste of money, no matter what anyone else is trying to say
AMONMAT
Headliner

KING OF THE ROW

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 12:59:19 PM »

"Power Gate" and "Metal Sword" only issued CD-R discs. On the pictures, what you call original CDs, all discs is CD-R!! I don't understand, what's the problem the fake discs, if they are doing well and is not otherwise get elsewhere. I bought from fortus_2008, some other bootleg CD-R discs and I'm totally satisfied with the quality. This guy is a friendly seller and I will buy from him more CDs in the future.

PS.: I wouldn't buy TDK fake copies...

Its not necessary that you explain to me what Power Gate and Metal Sword do.I know they make CD-Rs, and I have a lot of this releases...but this user sells copy of cdr, I have posted some pics so I can say that what I'm telling you is right.
I have bought London Calling from Him and it was a fake. The live from Wien 1992 its a fake.
I have tons of contact and Japan site where the "real" release are shown and these cdr (on ebay) aren't like these.

Anyway I have warned all of you if you want to buy a fake do it.

If you want the real Metal Sword - Power Gate - Langley release buy them in Japan.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:02:49 PM by AMONMAT » Logged

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 05:25:23 PM »

the majority of those releases, be it on silver pressed CD or cheap CDR, has the only goal to make money from bands performances!

this should always be a no-go!

live recordings in general are some "grey era" but to rip off the band with it??!? come on!!!
and let alone most of the "new" releases are just downloaded sources from torrent sites, making money from freeware so to say, mostly inferior quality, too!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 05:58:07 PM »

Totley!

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
AMONMAT
Headliner

KING OF THE ROW

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 08:15:55 AM »

AGAIN!!!!!!

THIS TIME IS AN ACES HIGH FAKE!!!!!!!

INCREDIBLE !!!

LIVE AT BUDOKAN 1988!!!!

attention to this seller: brutal.finds

LOOK:

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:18:07 AM by AMONMAT » Logged

AMONMAT
Headliner

KING OF THE ROW

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 08:19:53 AM »

MORE:

THE SPIRIT OF '88

FAKE:

ORIGINAL:

1987 TOUR SPECIAL (FAKE)

1988 TOUR SPECIAL (FAKE)

TOKYO MONARCHY (FAKE)

OSAKA 2009 (FAKE)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:43:34 AM by AMONMAT » Logged

wadey
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 10:14:47 AM »

i just got this today and could you tell me if its real or fake... 'alternatives for destruction' Red Devil KOREA in Digipak

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 10:29:20 AM »

what do you consider real or fake? there is no "real" bootleg. they are all made from sources that are floating around, pressed on cd etc.
so thats just another japan rip off as it seems

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: