Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:27:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Courtney Love begins planning movie on Kurt Cobain's life...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Courtney Love begins planning movie on Kurt Cobain's life...  (Read 4580 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« on: April 13, 2010, 11:40:19 AM »

SOURCE:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2925411/Robert-Pattinson-to-play-Kurt-Cobain-in-a-Hollywood-biopic.html#ixzz0kZUgybtf

ROBERT PATTINSON has landed his dream film role - playing KURT COBAIN in a Hollywood biopic.

The Twilight star has always thought of himself as a musician rather than an actor, he even reckons his guitar is his best friend.

So securing a part playing the tragic NIRVANA genius, who shot himself in 1994, is ideal for the pin-up.

R-Patz has been in regular contact with Kurt's widow COURTNEY LOVE, who has been handed a key role in the production by bosses at Universal Pictures.

The HOLE singer wanted R-Patz as Kurt and SCARLETT JOHANSSON to portray her. My graphics team have mocked up Rob and Scarlett as the hellraising pair.

A source said: "This is a big money deal for Courtney.

"She has agreed to the film on condition that she gets to decide the main aspects of the project including director, casting, screenplay and music.

"Robert has been calling and emailing her non-stop. She has been a bit wound up by his manners, but he is her number one choice to play Kurt.

"She is adamant Scarlett will play her. Scarlett is friendly with FRANCES BEAN, her daughter with Kurt."

Courtney has been in touch with director DAVID FINCHER about the project, which has the working title All Apologies.

He was behind Fight Club, Se7en and The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button.

It's not the first time a studio have tried to make a film about Nirvana, who had hits with Come As You Are and Smells Like Teen Spirit.

A few years ago Sony Pictures were told to sling their hook by Courtney when they floated the idea of ZAC EFRON as Kurt, while Frances Bean would play her mum.

I have to say, the 14-year-old in me was a little bit sick when I found out a Twilight vampire was playing a rock idol.

But at least it's an improvement on the man lined up to play Kurt in the West End - Footballers' Wives star GARY LUCY.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:33:07 PM »

How much and for how long can you milk a corpse?

Fuck 'Em All.
Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 03:24:43 PM »

Is it only me or is that picture just a bit creepy? nervous
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 03:57:43 PM »

No. Just, no.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Annie
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 04:27:10 PM »

It could be good. I never much liked Nirvana or courtney Love. I'll never forget the way she was totally wasted on SNL and she jumped George Foreman at the end. He looked really embarassed.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 05:44:10 PM »

I thought the Robert Pattinson thing was shot down already?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 06:28:40 PM »

I thought the Robert Pattinson thing was shot down already?

BADUM CHA.

Hopefully it doesn't make him out to be some maniacally-depressed proto-emo. I doubt I'll see it anyway, but he deserves someone decent to play him. If Pattinson can do that, great.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 07:39:16 PM »

Lol Robert Pattison playing Kurt Cobain, what a shitty move. Kurt wasnt a good looking guy, why pick some lame ass pretty boy to play him (Huh?). You need a good actor, someone that could perhaps portray a confused rockstar junkie right without making it cliche'd.

I think the movies a dumb idea, but at least pick a decent cast.

html sucks
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 03:00:06 PM »

I'm surprised it took this long to get this project going - unless early screening reviews are dreadful, I think a movie on Cobain will have a lot of appeal

Last Days was an interesting take, but it wasn't about the music at all, so hopefully a true depiction of the man and his music will surface
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 04:25:15 PM »

I feel like it's just too soon for this and I've thought that since they first started talking about it 7 or 8 years ago. I don't think the nostalgia factor is there yet. Also Kurt Cobain's life story has already been pretty well documented already.

I know you can't compare the two musically but take a look at the Biggie movie. It was not well received by critics and the public didn't really take to it either.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 08:58:10 PM »

I usually don't get into the "So and so should play whomever" back and forth..

But..

If I was in charge of casting I'd go with Jim Sturgess, dude's a fine young actor and a musician as well..

As for the movie itself, I think it's been long enough.  That said, I'm a huge Love fan but would be skeptical of her having any creative control.  That woulda been like Nancy Spungen telling the Sid Vicious story.

Well, sorta... Wink

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 09:05:29 PM »

I read that she had denied that she wanted pattinson and said that she wanted ryan gosling or some other guy who i don't remember
Annie
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 11:38:12 PM »

Lol Robert Pattison playing Kurt Cobain, what a shitty move. Kurt wasnt a good looking guy, why pick some lame ass pretty boy to play him (Huh?). You need a good actor, someone that could perhaps portray a confused rockstar junkie right without making it cliche'd.

Actually Rob is a very good actor. His early roles before TWILIGHT, The Haunted Airman and Little Ashes, portray very complex men with serious issues. Salvatore Dali was one crazy yet brilliant mofo. My Twihard friends hated both films. Rob had no idea that TWILIGHT was going to be so huge. He hadn't even heard of the books before he was cast. I would hate to see Rob portray somebody that Axl hated. hihi
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:43:11 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 04:04:11 AM »

Actually Rob is a very good actor.

hihi

I would hate to see Rob portray somebody that Axl hated.

Axl was actually very fond of Nirvana before the awards show incident.  Kurt was just an asshole.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »

Mayb Sean Penn would be a better choice?  I could so see that.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 10:28:11 AM »

I don't think so.. a 50 year old playing a 25 year old

ewan mcgregor can play a junkie
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 11:04:05 AM »

Pete Doherty. He's already a junkie.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 12:07:12 PM »

How much and for how long can you milk a corpse?

Ask the Presleys!  30+ years and going strong.  There's nothing like remixing (A Little Less Conversation) and adding vocals by someone to hip the music up and make it current.

Wait till you hear Lil Wayne doing backing vocals on Nevermind: The Remix and then laugh!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:08:56 PM by Bill 213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »

I don't think so.. a 50 year old playing a 25 year old

ewan mcgregor can play a junkie
Ya I guess yu are right, I was definately not thinking  Undecided.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pine Barrens
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 05:49:28 PM »

How about Courtney starts making some money off of her own work for a change?

There are only so many ways you can make money off of your dead husband's legacy before it becomes morbid and in bad taste.

She sold his music. She sold his private thoughts. She sold his personal belongings (some of which were meant to be Frances one day). Now she's selling his life story.

Nice.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: