Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:19:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Rock N' Roll Joe songs!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N' Roll Joe songs!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 90436 times)
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2010, 10:11:01 AM »

I can't take this seriously, with someone posting lyrics I'd expect the to know the English grammar.

I'm finnish myself and my grammar among other things, is bigger than yours.

Lirics, appatite, instrimental, claranet, electricion. I think boys and girls on first grade will beat you. And you make the same mistake over and over again.

And to top of that you expect chineseblues to write something respectful, even when you really have nothing to show as awesome lyrics.

Just a thought, check the "Share Poems Lyrics and Songs you wrote here"-section to see what lyrics are, since you seem to think that a sentence qualifies.
But you forget I am doing this from SCHOOL my time is vary limited and if I dont know how to spell something or mix up my words I dont have much time to fix them.

By the way today is my last day of school this post is from my web page design class!!!
Just one more final then I am free!!!!!!!

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »

I dont even know why I should even try talking to you chineseblues.
You clearly have no respect for anything I do so again why are you posting here?

Joe

I didn't know I had to be a fan of you in order to post here excuse me. If you are that sensitive, maybe you shouldn't have posted your "awesome lyrics" on here. Just sayin'.......
Well if you dont like them or something along those lines then unless if your trying to give advice I cant help but wonder why you would even come back to this thread.

Since you make it sound so terrible.

Joe

Because I think it's a pretty damn funny thread so far and it seems to me like the majority of posters in it are having a laugh at your expense as well.....
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »

Well Chineseblues I think your just full of shit.
But thats what I think.

Joe

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2010, 08:16:43 PM »

Even though your acting like a jerk Chineseblues I forgive you

Its so hard Cry

Joe

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2010, 12:10:47 AM »

No, it's the truth. 99% sure.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2010, 05:55:22 AM »

use the feelings chineseblues makes you feel, turn them into a song ok
Annie
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2010, 03:39:08 PM »

use the feelings chineseblues makes you feel, turn them into a song ok
That is excellent advice.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2010, 04:02:32 AM »

Before I post I want to make a couple things clear.

A ) I'm a 19 year old lead guitarist/songwriter in no way have i MADE it in any stretch of the imagination.

B ) I'm saying all this with sincerity and no hatred.

C ) I hope you perceive this in the right way...

I'm unsure if you want to be taken seriously in the music industry , and I mean that honestly. Rock N' Roll Joe lyrics sound like a very cheesy 80's tribute thing of thing going on. Trust me I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. I started my first band at 14 and the first song we wrote was about hypothetical band in LA roaming the streets. The 1st verse started

" On the strip tonight , looking for a fight..."

It reminds me of Rock N' Roll Joe in the sense that the lyrics are about "RNFR." and I dig that and respect that.But it is going to take a bit more maturity to be able to get songs out there. I had the same idea of wanting ( and still fucking do ) to take over the world, being THAT rock band. But in reality I was writing about situations I had no idea about. If you aren't partying with hookers and taking lines on restroom toilets then it's safe not to write about it ; because there is a slew of indirect situations and environments that are a result of living that sort of lifestyle. You show some promise with Caged Bird and Gonna Change The World ; the latter being a bit more heartfelt.

After being on the scene for awhile I began to LEARN what being in a band was about and not imagine. It's a lot of hard work and a lot of dedication ; a lot less "RAWK N ROLL PARTYING" although that has its time as well. In all honesty naming song Appetite For Destruction is a death-wish on your band/song. What I'm getting at is learn who YOU are and what you are about. The biggest issue I find in younger bands ( and I put myself in this category ) is that the lyrics contain no substance. After leaving my last project I've tried to learn about myself as a song-writer. Get in touch with your political values or your morals ; learn what ticks you off about society ; take a perspective on YOUR lifestyle ; come to grips with your vices or don't and write about it. Dare I say it but expand your musical horizon's ; I'll go ahead and aptly quote Eminem here " Music is a reflection of self ; we just explain it , and get our checks in the mail." while the last half doesn't ring true for a lot of new artists the first part ALWAYS should. Music is a reflection of one's self ; which in turn means one must have a strong sense of identity. I'm not denying that you don't believe in Rock N' Roll or that you don't want to party and all the great things that come with success but to truly be taken seriously in the music business you need to be a bit more than that. Add some depth to who you are.

I slowly have learned this over the past 6 years and I continue to learn more each and every day. I started off as a Blues-Based guitarist who helped write songs with titles like "One Hell Of A Ride" and "Keep On Rockin" ( I was mainly a co-writer as the lead singer did most of the writing ) and now I prefer to think of myself as a Blues-Based Guitarist/Songwriter who has a little more on his plate. I'm learning and taking classes to express my views of what I'm concerned about and what I think this world is all about. So just some constructive criticism , broaden your mind up and write some tunes that have a context to them that is more than hookers n' blow....  ok
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2010, 01:31:50 PM »

*snip*

Without contributing jack shit to the topic at hand.... I have to say this is incredibly mature advice from someone your age! Hell, from anyone any age. The part about finding out who you truly are is the most important question in life. Hence, it's no surprise that those who have some answers to that are also able to express themselves in ways that really stand out.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2010, 03:50:15 PM »

WTTJ_91 in a way thats how I want to go (without the cheesie part lol).
I like old school Rock N` Roll hell I understand what you mean by that but I dont think Rock N' Roll Joe is finished it needs work most of my songs do.

And I dont think that I am gonna present that into any big music people soon so no worries about that.

Joe

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »

By the way I do have one song I am not sure if I told you guys about I dont have a solid name for it now but its basicly about well the changes that are happening in the world (nothing specific just a generlization view).
It needs a bunch of work so I dont think I am gonna post any of the lirics yet.

Keep on rocking guys and thanks for all the comments it helps alot!
Joe

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2010, 05:19:05 PM »

Always got to be haters.
O and by the way I am only 17 so its not like you should expect everything to sound fucking great.
If you dont like any of it then why the hell are you posting here?
Just to say some bullshit comment.

Joe

To be honest though if everyone had to like it to post in the thread it would be only you and D.....

I am being supportive. he is a young kid, if he has a dream and loves it, he should keep doing it. the more songs u write, the more chance u have at getting better.

it may take a few years, but after trial and error u will start finding what u do well and will start pumping out better stuff.

takes some courage to open urself up though and potentially be made fun of and ridiculed. so i like to offer positive support and advice. peace

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2010, 12:55:59 PM »

So jdog, you asked about my band earlier.

Here's one i recorded using iphone.

My rhythm guitarist did the music to it after reading my lyrics.

it's called don't be bitter.

Here's the link:

dont be bitter.mp3

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2010, 10:16:39 PM »

Sin i unfortunatly can't use my computer and am stuck doing this from my I touch i tryed downloading it but for whatever reason it's not working.

So I am gonna try looking this up on YouTube I am intersted in hearing it.

Joe

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2010, 03:37:16 AM »

Sin i unfortunatly can't use my computer and am stuck doing this from my I touch i tryed downloading it but for whatever reason it's not working.

So I am gonna try looking this up on YouTube I am intersted in hearing it.

Joe

You don't need to download it, just click play.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2010, 01:33:50 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEqiWMdAt8c
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2010, 11:46:29 PM »

Sin Cut I am stuck doing basicly everything on the Internet from my itouch and most movies don't play unless they are from YouTube since it's a app or some fucking reason.

I really need a laptop...

Unrelatedly I recent started working on a song that involves well basicly a symphney (I know it's spelled wrong but I don't have time to look up the spelling)

will update everyone on any new stuff going on.

Joe

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2010, 02:52:23 AM »

Sin Cut I am stuck doing basicly everything on the Internet from my itouch and most movies don't play unless they are from YouTube since it's a app or some fucking reason.

I really need a laptop...

Unrelatedly I recent started working on a song that involves well basicly a symphney (I know it's spelled wrong but I don't have time to look up the spelling)

will update everyone on any new stuff going on.

Joe

time to upgrade from IE to Firefox then  ok two clicks and BAM! correct spelling.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2010, 12:12:11 AM »

Lol if I get the chance to use my computer. I am stuck useing my itouch or NINTENDO WII (I capitalised it since i thought it was funny : ) and i am useing it now)

I need a laptop fucking parents are asses with passwords!!!

Joe

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2010, 07:21:39 PM »

Here's another one, The House Of The Rising Sun we did a cover of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjf42i1MTK8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: