Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 06:53:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Bret Michaels In Bad Shape
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bret Michaels In Bad Shape  (Read 17966 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« on: April 23, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »

I hope he doesn't die.  Sad

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/bret-michaels-suffers-massive-brain-hemmorhage/39733?nc
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:27:21 PM »

damn that sucks.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:52:54 PM »

he will be ok i think, if he had surgery n it got fixed hes probably just gotta rest now.

For all those that hate poison, i know there are many on this site. While you may not like Poison, n hey i dont even like the shit Brett does these days. He loves performing n he always puts his best into it, cant knock him for that.

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 07:59:03 PM »

Bret Michaels -- The Odds of Survival

Originally posted Apr 23rd 2010 2:26 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Bret Michaels doesn't just need good medical attention to survive his current condition -- he also needs luck.

According to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, people who don't receive proper medical treatment after suffering a subarachnoid hemorrhage have a 20% to 30% chance of experiencing a second bleed within the first month -- and the odds of surviving a second bleed are extremely slim.

Cedars states, "Recurrent bleeding has a 70% mortality rate."

Fortunately, Michaels is reportedly being treated in a capable medical center.

However, it appears as though Michaels is already beating the odds -- Cedars reports that roughly 1/3 of people who have a subarachnoid hemorrhage die during the hemorrhage because of extensive brain damage. Obviously, Michaels has already cleared that hurdle. 

As for Michaels' treatment, Cedars warns, "Because of the ominous prognosis with delayed definitive therapy, referral to a center of excellence with experience in treating subarachnoid hemorrhage is imperative."

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/23/brett-michaels-odds-cedars-sinai-medical-center-subarachnoid-hemorrhage/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 08:35:49 PM »

Man that's kind of freaky.  I've been watching him on Celebrity Apprentice this season.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 08:48:32 PM »

Bret Michaels -- Stabilized
Originally posted 31 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Bret Michaels is awake, in good spirits and talking ... TMZ has learned.

Ambre Lake, the Season 2 winner of "Rock of Love," tells TMZ she's spoken with people who are close to Bret who say he's stabilized and conscious. 

Lake's tale matches another contestant who has also spoken with Bret's bandmates.

We're told the next 24 to 48 hours are critical -- Bret will be closely monitored.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 06:12:48 AM »

good news, glad hes ok. Hope he manages to pull through it.

html sucks
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 10:04:50 AM »

Poor gent is just not having very good luck with his health as of late.  Glad he is in stable condition at this point.  I wish him the best.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Annie
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 11:46:03 AM »

I just read that he had to be hospitalized for a serious hemmorhage at the base of his brain. I hope he Is Ok, because he seems like a pretty cool guy. He has not had a good year. First he nose was broken at the Tony Awards. Then he has an emergency appendectomy. Now a major head bleed. Even if he survives, he may not be neurologically intact. My prayers are with him and his family Juvenile diabetes is a nasty disease.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 06:07:32 PM »

A statement from Bret Michaels website:

Bret -- Posted on Saturday, April 24 2010

There are several incorrect reports on Bret's condition.

Bret remains in critical condition at an undisclosed location. Further tests are being ran and information will be updated in the coming days.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 08:18:41 PM »

Ambre Lake, the Season 2 winner of "Rock of Love," tells TMZ she's spoken with people who are close to Bret who say he's stabilized and conscious. 

Lake's tale matches another contestant who has also spoken with Bret's bandmates.

We're told the next 24 to 48 hours are critical -- Bret will be closely monitored.

Conflicting news reports?

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 08:31:53 PM »

not a fan but this really sucks
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 10:48:16 PM »

not a fan but this really sucks

Same here, but damn man hope he is ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »

Conflicting news reports?

It looks like it has to do with this report...

Bret Michaels Dead Reports False

April 24, 2010

LOS ANGELES ? A rep for Bret Michaels is shooting down various online reports, some of which claimed the rocker and reality star was dead.

"There are several incorrect reports on Bret's condition," the musician's rep said on Saturday. "Bret remains in critical condition at an undisclosed location. Further tests are being run and information will be updated in the coming days."

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 12:42:55 PM »

This does not sound good, sorry to hear this news.

This from Bret Michaels' website.

Update -- Posted by Janna on Sunday, April 25 2010

Everyone at Michaels Entertainment would like to thank all fans and friends for their continued thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.

At this point Bret remains in ICU in critical condition. He is under 24 hour doctors care and supervision. We are hopeful that further tests will locate the source of the bleeding, which has still not been located. As we all know Bret is a fighter and we are hopeful that once all is complete the slurred speech, blurred vision and dizziness, etc. will be eliminated and all functions will return to normal.

More information will be posted as it becomes available

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 12:52:10 PM »

zakk wyldes been showing his support for Brett on twitter. cool guy

html sucks
Annie
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 03:19:46 PM »

I hope they can get him stabilized. If they can find the source of the bleed, maybe they can operate. It's strange that he had a bleed like that without any trauma like a car accident etc. I just read an article about him in PEOPLE magazine, and how he totally adores his 2 daughters. He may require intensive rehab after he gets out of the critical stage. I wish him well.
Edit I just read more at PEOPLE and they think it is an aneurysm. I hope they can find it and do surgery ASAP!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 03:29:50 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 06:12:11 PM »

The type of brain injury it can cause, can lead to areas of the body being paralysed yknow. Sucks if that happened

html sucks
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 07:39:32 PM »

Bret Michaels' speech slurred after brain hemorrhage

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) ? Rock singer and TV reality star Bret Michaels remained in critical condition, but was conscious and talking with slurred speech after suffering a brain hemorrhage, his publicist said on Sunday.

The front man of glam rock band Poison was rushed to an undisclosed hospital on Friday with a severe headache. Doctors diagnosed a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage, or bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

A statement issued on Sunday by publicists for the 47-year-old singer said he was still under 24-hour supervision and in critical condition and that doctors were trying to locate the source of the bleeding.

"Bret is a fighter and we are hopeful that once all is complete, the slurred speech, blurred vision and dizziness etc will be eliminated and all functions will return to normal," the statement added.

Michaels rose to fame in the 1980s at the helm of Poison, whose hits included the ballad "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."

He was diagnosed with diabetes as a child and just last week disclosed he had an emergency appendectomy earlier this month. In a blog entry, he called it a "wake-up call to be a little bit more diligent on keeping control of my health."

In recent years, Michaels found fame as a reality TV star in such shows as VH1's dating contest "Rock of Love" and on the current season of "The Celebrity Apprentice."

His latest album "Custom Built" is due to be released later this year and he recently recorded a song with Disney starlet Miley Cyrus.

On "The Celebrity Apprentice," which was filmed several months ago but is about halfway through its broadcast run on NBC, Michaels has raised $100,000 for his charity, the American Diabetes Association, and is a strong contender to win.
Annie
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 07:43:37 PM »

He may have to learn to talk again. He will need speech therapy, physical therapy and occupational therapy. I think he will pull through. Rehab takes months, but he could make a complete recovery.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: