Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 10:10:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash @ Edinburgh 1 July
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash @ Edinburgh 1 July  (Read 3857 times)
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: June 30, 2010, 04:26:52 AM »

Anyone off here attending tomorrow?

With news of Myles being sick last night (see Dublin thread) whats the chances of it being cancelled (nothing official been said yet)

We're really excited about this one as its in such a small venue!

Will be in the Tron beforehand for beers, then maybe to Big Daddy O's for a wee treat!  beer
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 04:31:14 AM »

Anyone off here attending tomorrow?

With news of Myles being sick last night (see Dublin thread) whats the chances of it being cancelled (nothing official been said yet)

We're really excited about this one as its in such a small venue!

Will be in the Tron beforehand for beers, then maybe to Big Daddy O's for a wee treat!  beer

i was at the show last night and myles was visibly sick and could barely sing.  They have another show tonight in Belfast and then the following night in Edinburgh.  he seems like a very dedicated guy though and hopefully he can pull through but he was quite ill.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 06:28:50 AM »

I'll be there. Cool

Didn't know anything about Myles being sick though. nervous

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 04:59:52 AM »

then maybe to Big Daddy O's for a wee treat!  beer

pervert. ha ha
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 07:19:22 PM »

Did anyone else from here encounter that intimidating/psychotic Big Issue seller before the show in the queue outside? nervous Also, they were searching everyone as we went in. Has this happened at other shows on this tour?

Also of pre-show note, the drummer for the opening band was nuts. Cheesy

The crowd seemed to drown Myles out a lot but he still came out a put on a great show. They even tried out Starlight! Other than that, the set was the same as the one jacdaniel posted in the Dublin thread (which helped me identify the SNakepit song and the Thin Lizzy cover). There was one song I definitely didn't know, which I now see might have been Rise Today? Things really seemed to get going with the crowd with Rocket Queen which was the best song of the night IMO. Then again, it's my favourite GNR song ever. Grin

I'd go again. Cool

ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 06:22:49 PM »

we were sitting in the pub after the gig next to the venue. After a while slah came outside and stood and signed autographs for those waiting outside. i went out and got my ticket done.
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »

WOW   Shocked what a gig!

The band was on fire

Myles was great, Slash was awesome, crowd sing alongs and everything.

missed the support band, who were they? didn't even know there was gonna be one.

we just got up the stairs to the entry music and it rocked every second till the end.

Not sweatted so much in a long time

Yep crazy big issue seller, crazy t-shirt sellers but it was soooooooo good

How buff does Slash look though! dudes been doing serious Gym time

If you have a ticket for any of the remaining shows your in for a treat  ok seriously thinging about trying to get another show in

The set is in the AFC section and its brill, thank you Edinburgh!

Next gig I've got tickets for is Alterbridge, superb!

beer drool
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 06:14:06 AM »

missed the support band, who were they? didn't even know there was gonna be one.

They were called The Virginmarys. They were alright. I didn't know there was gonna be a support band either, they were on from half 7 until 8.

And apparently that song I didn't recognise was Beggars & Hangers On. I think I'm going to have to check out some Snakepit stuff.....

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 06:20:49 AM »

And apparently that song I didn't recognise was Beggars & Hangers On. I think I'm going to have to check out some Snakepit stuff.....

Ha, i just guessed it was Rise Today at the Dublin show.  i don't really know snakepit stuff that well.
it could of been either at the Dublin show.  whatever it was at the dublin show got a big cheer

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 06:30:33 AM »

Beggars is an awesome tune, and would have made an epic GNR tune back in 95 as the opening riff is killer and the solo breakdown is awesome.

If you're checking out some Snake-pit stuff check out Back & Forth Again and Back to the Moment. They are great ballads. Also check out Serial Killer, which has a monumental Slash solo towards the end.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 07:29:46 AM »

Beggars is an awesome tune, and would have made an epic GNR tune back in 95 as the opening riff is killer and the solo breakdown is awesome.

If you're checking out some Snake-pit stuff check out Back & Forth Again and Back to the Moment. They are great ballads. Also check out Serial Killer, which has a monumental Slash solo towards the end.

Does Beggars have slide Guitar or is that rise Today?

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 04:51:44 PM »

where is the list of Slash tour dates? I'm on a strange computer and cannot remember the URL for his website.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 04:52:43 PM »

I agree 100%  ok

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 05:02:49 PM »

where is the list of Slash tour dates? I'm on a strange computer and cannot remember the URL for his website.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=58993.msg1233872#msg1233872

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 05:25:13 PM »

^Thanks!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: