Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:35:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  'Slash' Nominated For Classic Rock Roll Of Honour Awards
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Slash' Nominated For Classic Rock Roll Of Honour Awards  (Read 8566 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 06:26:56 PM »

rant rant rant
har har har

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 11:41:15 PM »

Backspacer was also a bad record.  I have no doubt Slash won the award because of the tie in Classic Rock had with his record, but to think Backspacer would be the best record of the year on any type of list is hilarious, especially considering all the great rock records that came out last year, a lot of which werent even mentioned by Classic Rock.
I respectfully disagree, and think "Slash" had WAY more filler on it than "Backspacer".  Sure Slash's album may have rocked harder, but the award wasn't for "Album That Rocks Hardest", was it?

You may find it hilarious, but of the albums listed, I like "Backspacer" the best.  And I haven't really liked a Pearl Jam album since "No Code", so it's not like I love everything they put out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 12:26:18 AM »

Quelle Surprise, everybody has their opinion of what should be 'album of the year'. I'm not a fan of Pearl Jam either, so the Slash album is the best for me on that list, but I also think he won it because of the tie-in with the magazine. It's a Classic Rock award, I don't know why people are bothered.

Fuck 'Em All.
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 07:12:15 AM »

I think that the voting was only from fans for the best album category!
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 09:34:59 AM »

Backspacer was also a bad record.  I have no doubt Slash won the award because of the tie in Classic Rock had with his record, but to think Backspacer would be the best record of the year on any type of list is hilarious, especially considering all the great rock records that came out last year, a lot of which werent even mentioned by Classic Rock.
I respectfully disagree, and think "Slash" had WAY more filler on it than "Backspacer".  Sure Slash's album may have rocked harder, but the award wasn't for "Album That Rocks Hardest", was it?

You may find it hilarious, but of the albums listed, I like "Backspacer" the best.  And I haven't really liked a Pearl Jam album since "No Code", so it's not like I love everything they put out.

and i disrespecfully disagree. Pearl Jam are the only authentic rock band still writing on this planet, and are quite possibly the only truly authentic rock band ever. resultingly, Backspacer is objectively better than anything on Slash, whether or not you may like it... the songs are real, not just poppy catchy guest songs with nice sounding guitar solos..

not that i don't love Slash. I don't believe they rigged the result completely... but probably some how twisted the rules to make Slash win... he probs sold more than most albums on the list
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 10:57:31 AM »

Slash made a great record he won the award he deserves it. It was voted the best by the fans. End of story! Grin
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 02:05:26 PM »

rant rant rant
har har har

haha i was just messing with you D, "The Circle" is one of the better "newer" Bon Jovi albums I must say.  By newer I mean from 2000-2010. 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 02:09:07 PM »

and i disrespecfully disagree. Pearl Jam are the only authentic rock band still writing on this planet, and are quite possibly the only truly authentic rock band ever. resultingly, Backspacer is objectively better than anything on Slash, whether or not you may like it... the songs are real, not just poppy catchy guest songs with nice sounding guitar

What makes a "truly authentic" rock band? and how is Pearl Jam the only one?  I am just curious.  Also I don't know why "poppy and catchy" are always considered a bad thing.  Most of the songs by the bands we love fall under the "poppy/catchy" category.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 05:43:11 PM »

Please ,PJ are as corporate as Bon Jovi, they just hide it better.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: