Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 12:45:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010  (Read 149972 times)
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #300 on: September 02, 2010, 02:08:27 PM »

He thought that glass bottles were been thrown and the band didn't want people getting hurt. The thing about taking a while to go on is that GNR's stage setup and pyro takes alot to setup and axl won't go on until he gets an okay on every part of the set up, from everyone. He made a point of saying every part has to be right. And he also said that as long as he has been playing gigs and all that, that he was flipped off by fans, he said he finds it strange. He also said there was a big argument between the promoters(MCD) and axl at some point after they left.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #301 on: September 02, 2010, 02:12:05 PM »

He thought that glass bottles were been thrown and the band didn't want people getting hurt. The thing about taking a while to go on is that GNR's stage setup and pyro takes alot to setup and axl won't go on until he gets an okay on every part of the set up, from everyone. He made a point of saying every part has to be right. And he also said that as long as he has been playing gigs and all that, that he was flipped off by fans, he said he finds it strange. He also said there was a big argument between the promoters(MCD) and axl at some point after they left.
Thanks for that.

So, was DJ saying that in this case the delay was in getting the pyro and stage setup?  Any mention of anything else with regards to the Dublin gig?  Did you get the sense the band backed Axl's call to go off stage with the bottle throwing?

Ali
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #302 on: September 02, 2010, 02:14:55 PM »

Limp Bizkit and some other bands used to play in a cage, so nothing thrown could reach the stage. not a bad idea actually, considering how many idiots want to ruin the experience for the rest. you guys should have punched those iditots' dumb faces! they deserved it.

Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #303 on: September 02, 2010, 02:20:44 PM »

He thought that glass bottles were been thrown and the band didn't want people getting hurt. The thing about taking a while to go on is that GNR's stage setup and pyro takes alot to setup and axl won't go on until he gets an okay on every part of the set up, from everyone. He made a point of saying every part has to be right. And he also said that as long as he has been playing gigs and all that, that he was never flipped off by fans until he joined guns. he said he finds it strange. He also said there was a big argument between the promoters(MCD) and axl at some point after they left.
Thanks for that.

So, was DJ saying that in this case the delay was in getting the pyro and stage setup?  Any mention of anything else with regards to the Dublin gig?  Did you get the sense the band backed Axl's call to go off stage with the bottle throwing?

Ali

My take on it was that Axl doesn't want ANBODY(fans or band) getting hurt by something in the pro going wrong and unfortunately that takes time. He said he going off stage kind of threw him and HE said they WE don't want anybody hurt, and when they were sure no glass bottles were being thrown they came back.
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #304 on: September 02, 2010, 02:21:06 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QoQXbpeNys

LALD is finished and Tommy speaks a few words (3.25)...not hard to imagine what he is saying but is there a better source available or someone to write these words here ?
Bansidhe
Headliner

We'll rap yer pus.

« Reply #305 on: September 02, 2010, 02:35:32 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QoQXbpeNys

LALD is finished and Tommy speaks a few words (3.25)...not hard to imagine what he is saying but is there a better source available or someone to write these words here ?

Won't quote it word for word but he's saying that they had a great time the last time GN'R played in Dublin (2006) and that he wants the crowd and the band to have a great time again.

If I had the wings of an sparrow, if I had the arse of a crow, I'd fly over Dens Park tomorrow and shite on the bastards below, below.
Shite on, shite on, shite on the bastards below.
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #306 on: September 02, 2010, 02:35:46 PM »

I believe Axl and the whole band should do a clear the air type interview with someone in the media with a lot of clout, MTV or something. Discuss the reality of the start times, all the issues of late, the media onslaught and apologise for anything that they could have done better and explain the truth about things they cant have helped to make people understand. Just have a frank discussion and put it out there. Whether its anyones fault or not, things are really getting out of hand and I think doing something like this would go some way in reducing the tension.
There is real danger of these bad vibes surrounding them escalating further and someone could get hurt, if I was in this band I would really want to try bring the situation back down to earth.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #307 on: September 02, 2010, 02:37:58 PM »

one more thing DJ seemed to have a lapse of memory(it was 2am) about how many days off he had till the next gig. And reading and leeds the band before then ran late and the pyro, stage and checking takes time according to DJ.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #308 on: September 02, 2010, 02:41:02 PM »

I believe Axl and the whole band should do a clear the air type interview with someone in the media with a lot of clout, MTV or something. Discuss the reality of the start times, all the issues of late, the media onslaught and apologise for anything that they could have done better and explain the truth about things they cant have helped to make people understand. Just have a frank discussion and put it out there. Whether its anyones fault or not, things are really getting out of hand and I think doing something like this would go some way in reducing the tension.
There is real danger of these bad vibes surrounding them escalating further and someone could get hurt, if I was in this band I would really want to try bring the situation back down to earth.

the only trouble is that interviews get twisted, statements get twisted, and everything gets twisted
people read the between the lines and look for things that never got said etc etc -they put 2 n 2 together and before you know it the situations worse than before and everyone gets more pissed off than ever -

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #309 on: September 02, 2010, 02:44:33 PM »

They couldnt possibly twist it anymore than they do by taking advantage of GNRs silence or the faceless methods they use to communicate. I think it would be good, particuarly if it was filmed and uploaded on MTVs or Rolling Stones website or someone like that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #310 on: September 02, 2010, 02:46:37 PM »

I think we've had enough of this "why can't they be on time like everybody else" discussion.

Nobody is always on time. Not even you.

GN'R is GN'R. Always has been.

You don't like it? That's too bad.

The facts remain, shit always gets exaggerated, blown out of proportion, twisted and made up regarding GN'R.

Everybody always have the answers to everything. Yet most of them really have no clue.

It's all a bunch of speculation... "If they did this, then that would happen". Really? Just because you say so?

It doesn't work like that. The band went on before their time at Download 2006 and were greeted by a few morons throwing shit. So much for going "on time" solving all "problems"....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #311 on: September 02, 2010, 02:48:52 PM »

Just got home from Dublin and still pissed off (no, make that fuming!), with the idiots who bottled the band offstage.  No doubt alcohol played a major part but security really needed to up their game and get the troublemakers out before the band had to leave and not afterwards, which is what they appeared to be doing.  All credit to the band for giving it another shot, when they would have been perfectly justified in leaving.  And I totally understand Axl not wishing to get anywhere near the front of the stage; I?d be devastated if he was injured by the actions of one of these so-called fans.  Sadly though, because I was at the rail on the side, it meant that the monitors completely obscured any view of him and the only way I could watch him was on the screen.  Not what I go to a gig for and I can?t deny that I?m gutted about it ? especially coming so soon after the Reading debacle ? although it did mean that I got to reacquaint myself with how gorgeous his hands are during the close-ups for November Rain.   Wink

Huge thanks though to the rest of the band, especially Ron and DJ, for covering the stage so well and putting their heart and soul into the performance.  Kiss

The thing that depresses me about this is that I know it won?t be the last time it happens.  I support the band 100% in their actions of giving one warning and then walking, and just wish that the management of the venues would back them more strongly in this; perhaps with an announcement before they take the stage and certainly with stricter security in place.  There?s no reason why they should have to put up with dodging missiles of any variety ? hell, Lemmy doesn?t, he gives one warning and that?s final, yet for some reason he doesn?t get crucified in the Press for it.  But hey, it?s Axl and so he must be acting like a diva, right.  No, wrong actually, he doesn?t have to put up with it either, but try getting that through the thick skulls of some of the people standing around me last night.

The only positive I can take from this is that every time something like this happens, my belief in and support for this band grows ever stronger - which I find amazing because after following them for over 20 years I didn?t think it possible for the emotional bond to get any deeper.  With all the negative shit in the media, it really feels like them and us against the world at the moment , but being able to express my support along with others on this board really helps me feel like part of an invincible GN?R family of fans.  Thanks, Jarmo and all you guys and here?s hoping that Paris (my next trip) will be as good, if not better, than the incredible show the band put on in 2006.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #312 on: September 02, 2010, 02:55:48 PM »

The media (and htgth) should report the bands reaction to heckling tho, imo. Thats a cool vibe. peace

things are really getting out of hand and I think doing something like this would go some way in reducing the tension.

But it's fun! Kinda...sort of... It's like the 90's again. At least they are getting mainstream press, right? hihi

So you get an Axl picture and a vibe...'something' is going on...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 02:58:18 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #313 on: September 02, 2010, 02:57:07 PM »

/jarmo

See that attitude is all wrong, its reckless, naive and irresponsible. Respect is a two way street,and small gestures can go a long way, for good or bad
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #314 on: September 02, 2010, 03:00:01 PM »

/jarmo

See that attitude is all wrong, its reckless, naive and irresponsible. Respect is a two way street,and small gestures can go a long way, for good or bad

Respect is a two way street.  But, what's naive is thinking that something that has been the status quo for over 20 years will just change, and moreso, change as a result of anything we say or do.

Ali
wadey
Legend

« Reply #315 on: September 02, 2010, 03:04:35 PM »

/jarmo

if you dont want to go to a show then dont go mate - simple as that - ive been going to see GnR for 19yrs now and im not gonna stop going cos theyre a little late on stage - sorry lads im going home now its passed my bed time and i can hear my mum calling me  rofl rofl rofl rofl

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #316 on: September 02, 2010, 03:05:48 PM »

Either way when some jerk throws bottles he deserves to been kicked in the nuts... I completely understand that they walked off.

I'm more disturbed by the bad press lately, as fan's who watches them closely we all know 90% of it are lies and sources quoting others sources that on there term heard it from someone else and so on and on.
I believe the fans should be able to do something to stop that but that would be a though call I guess. Though I doesn't only hurt the band & co but also the fans or shall I say the die hards.

Today I read an article that claimed that only the band returned on stage last night to perform a few more songs without Axl.  But none of these shitty reporters point out there source, all of em say "According to reports" and so on.

Made me think of something we did as kids in school long time ago...
The teacher whispers something in one students ear and has to pass it on to the person next to him/her and so on,  the last one has to say it loudly.  The result will 99% for sure be something else than what has been originally said.

Cheers

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #317 on: September 02, 2010, 03:06:00 PM »

IMHO the problem regarding trolls throwing shit on shows and events could be fixed if actually all the Security guys do their fucking job. Period.
Still, I can't imagine how come all these security staff stood up and did nothing when there was some asshole throwing some bottle of piss to the stage? did someone in Dublin watch if any of those assholes were kicked out of the gig?

And btw, stop being pussies regarding GNR being late.

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
whoareyou
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #318 on: September 02, 2010, 03:09:22 PM »

IMHO the problem regarding trolls throwing shit on shows and events could be fixed if actually all the Security guys do their fucking job. Period.
Still, I can't imagine how come all these security staff stood up and did nothing when there was some asshole throwing some bottle of piss to the stage? did someone in Dublin watch if any of those assholes were kicked out of the gig?

And btw, stop being pussies regarding GNR being late.

I agree, but out of interest what would you have suggested security do? Surely theres 40-50 security facing 5,000 people. Could they realistically pick the 3/4 twats out?
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #319 on: September 02, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »

/jarmo

Respect is a two way street.  But, what's naive is thinking that something that has been the status quo for over 20 years will just change, and moreso, change as a result of anything we say or do.

Ali

Mabye it is naive, I admit that, doesnt mean I cant wish for better things.   Sad

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: