Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:16:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  'Glee' Creator Lashes Out: Slash Is 'Stupid'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Glee' Creator Lashes Out: Slash Is 'Stupid'  (Read 5446 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 26, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »

'Glee' Creator Lashes Out Against Kings of Leon and Slash

Ryan Murphy: Slash is 'stupid' and Kings of Leon are 'self-centered assholes'

JANUARY 26, 2011

Murphy also responded to a recent attack on the show by Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash, who had also rejected a request to use his old band's music on Glee on the grounds that he ? well, totally hates the show. "Usually I find that people who make those comments, their careers are over; they?re uneducated and quite stupid," Murphy said.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/glee-creator-lashes-out-against-kings-of-leon-and-slash-20110126

Original quote from Slash:

How would you feel about Glee doing a Guns N? Roses song or themed episode?

Actually, we got asked about that once already but it got turned down. In the current climate of what?s going on in entertainment these days, I try to be more optimistic than negative because it?s really easy to get negative about it, but I draw the line at Glee. Glee is worse than Grease and Grease is bad enough?.  When Grease came out I was like, ?Oh, c?mon, give me a break.? Actually, I look at Grease now and think: Between High School Musical and Glee, Grease was a brilliant work of art.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JAC185
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 03:08:49 PM »

Oh yes everyone should let Glee do what they want.

Ironic that he says 'their careers are over' when if nobody let Glee use their music they would have no basis for a show at all.
Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 03:32:08 PM »

I think the best part is when he says they don't care about kids. Because apparently Glee inspires 7-year-olds to join the Glee Club after seeing their show.

I'd like to know which GNR songs he thinks are age appropriate for a 7-year-old?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 04:38:01 PM »

This is all hilarious because just last year Slash said he loved Glee  Roll Eyes
muttley
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 05:59:52 PM »

Glee- Just another ink stain on the huge "why I avoid watching television" list.

lowercase.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »

Glee sucks and that old prick has no taste if he thinks Slash is anywhere near washed up!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 06:51:04 PM »

Glee just like American Idol, and other associated shows. Is what has made the music industry the crap it is today, and that Glee guy can go F himself. No matter what I have against some of Slash's actions, Glee is absolutely nothing compared to proper rock music, and music that has true meaning.

Shows like this just breed and breed and all of the stupid kids who don't know any better fuel this kind of stuff. Glee is just a stupid show, that is just as pointless as high school musical, and I just wish those shows would just die already.

rant
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »

A lot of comments on this here, most/all side with Slash:

'Glee' Creator Lashes Out At SLASH - Jan. 27, 2011

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152895

Grasshopper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 05:11:50 AM »

Doesn't Axl control all things GnR? If so, who cares what Slash has to say?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:18:03 AM by Grasshopper » Logged
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 05:42:13 AM »

Slash/duff/steven/izzy/axl all hold the rights to AFD and therefore need everyone consent right? before using?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 06:08:30 AM »

Slash/duff/steven/izzy/axl all hold the rights to AFD and therefore need everyone consent right? before using?

Slash, Duff and Axl hold all the rights to AFD. The original contract apparently stated that if you left or were fired from the band, you relinquish your share of the copyright to the remaining members of the band, and wasn't changed until after Izzy had left.
But yes, all three of them would have to sign off on it. And I really don't see any of them agreeing to something like Glee.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 09:21:16 AM »

This is all hilarious because just last year Slash said he loved Glee  Roll Eyes

Where do you have this from?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »

It was an interview which was posted on here last year. Do a search and I'm sure you will find it.

As for who holds the rights etc. Like was said Axl, Duff and Slash all hold the rights to the GNR back catalog but I believe all 3 have to sign off on using it or it doesn't happen. That was part of the slash/duff lawsuit against Axl a few years ago. They said he wouldn't sign off on stuff which was costing them money (even though it was well within his rights not to sign off.)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 02:48:25 PM »

Slash: I Would Love To See GNR Songs Used On An Episode of Fox's 'Glee'

Slash, however, is totally on board with seeing his music appear on the show, and even has some thoughts as to what songs should be performed. ?I would love to see ?Paradise City? or ?November Rain? used on a future episode,? he told us, adding, ?but if it ever came to be, I think they would probably pick ?Sweet Child O? Mine.? That seems to be the go-to [song].?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59779.0

Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 06:14:35 AM »

Any chance he was taking the piss in the above interview?

What is tragic is that Glee has beaten one of Elvis' records for singles over here in the UK. Cowell's faceless goons I can put up with, but Glee's releases are everywhere and there always seems to be more just about to be released.

As far as the Glee creator, I'd rather give up the royalties than knowing I'd let them ruin something I'd created.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 10:25:24 PM »

Unfortunately, Glee is a very popular show, at least here in America.  I think it's pretty lame, but obviously a lot of people like it.  As for what Murphy said, I think it was uncalled for.  I'm sure he's pissed off about any negative comments, and he's perfectly free to disagree with them, but to say that someone's career is over and that they are uneducated and stupid or is a self-centered asshole is pretty low and immature. I think he owes an apology. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: