Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:32:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  "Slash" Joined By Aerosmith's Brad Whitford In Charlotte; Video, Setlist, Review
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Slash" Joined By Aerosmith's Brad Whitford In Charlotte; Video, Setlist, Review  (Read 3024 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 20, 2011, 05:07:05 PM »

Slash Setlist Charlotte NC Feb 17, 2011

Ghost
Mean Bone
Night Train
Been There Lately
Rocket Queen
Civil War
Nothing to Say
Back From Cali
Starlight
Always on the Run
We?re All Gonna Die
Walkin? the Dog (with Brad Whitford)
Jizz Da Pit
Just Like Anything
Mr. Brownstone
Sweet Child o? Mine
Rise Today
Slither

Encore
By the Sword
My Michelle

Slash and Brad Whitford "Walkin the Dog" Charlotte

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCkCEyU-qNI

Review and photos:

Live review: Slash

Slash, Brand New Sin, The Fabulous Miss Wendy
The Fillmore Charlotte Feb. 17, 2011

The Good: The majority of the 1,500 or so in attendance were clearly there to see Slash. The former Guns N Roses guitarist played in front of a triple-set of Marshall stacked amps and stole the spotlight from the openers and any of his bandmates, including singer Miles Kennedy. Kennedy, who is the singer for the band Alter Bridge, offered the perfect range for the Guns N Roses song and hit every range of note you could possibly ask for.

Hardcore fans sang along to every word of every song ? whether it was from his solo album, from Slash?s Snake Pit or any other band Slash has been a part of. He played a cover of Lenny Kravitz?s ?Always on the Run? (he was featured on the original), Velvet Revolver?s ?Slither? and, of course, plenty of GnR tunes.
With his signature top hot and sunglasses on, Slash spent a good part of the night simply leading the way on guitar and moving forward song after song. He did, however, find the expected moments of guitar-sterbation ? the instrumental ?Jizz Da Pit,? an extended solo on ?Always on the Run? and a healthy spotlight grabbing solo at the end of ?Paradise City.? He never appeared to be showboating, instead offering the vibe of ?look how fuckin? easy I make this look.?
While most people would expect ?Sweet Child O? Mine,? ?Paradise City? and ?Slither,? it was nice that he pulled out some other GnR tunes such as ?Civil War,? ?Mr. Brownstone? and ?Rocket Queen.?

Another unexpected twist was the appearance of Charlotte resident and Aerosmith guitarist Brad Whitford who joined Slash on a cover of the Aerosmith song ?Walkin? The Dog.?

Slash capped off his two hour performance with ?By the Sword,? ?My Michelle? and ?Paradise City.? This was the final headlining show on a tour where he is currently opening for Ozzy Osbourne.

The Bad: I saw a few people leave after the first three songs of Slash? more left about halfway through? a whole bunch left after ?Sweet Child o? Mine.? Let?s face it, without Slash there, this would have been a cover band playing to a couple hundred people. ?Always on the Run? was great on guitar, but Kennedy lacked the soul to pull of Kravitz?s tune.

The Verdict: For guitar enthusiasts, it was a hell of a display ? from the opening intro of The Fabulous Miss Wendy to the final shredding moments of ?Paradise City.? Slash put on a clinic on how to be a laid back, strong-handed guitarist that can take the spotlight from just about any singer. No matter how you look at it though, it wasn?t Guns ?N? Roses.

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/vibes/2011/02/18/live-review-slash/

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:28:44 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 10:40:26 PM »

I don't think he is trying to be GN'R, is he?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:48:23 AM »

Fuck, that jam Whitford and Slash had going was badass!!!
overmatik
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 12:08:50 PM »

I don't think he is trying to be GN'R, is he?

Sure not, I have no idea why that guy said that. The person trying to impersonate GNR is the other one... hihi
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »

Show was amazing- SLASH was on fire!! He commands the stage & seems 20 feet tall when he's up there- awesome to hear CIVIL WAR since only heard it once from the original band & they dont play it anymore. Myles has perfect vocal range, but just not enough rage or power to pull off the GNR songs- dude is just too happy!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: