Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:23:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  US tour starts in October!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US tour starts in October!!!  (Read 81421 times)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« on: February 24, 2011, 10:27:52 AM »

The tour is scheduled to hit the following cities:

Oct 28 Orlando, FL @ Amway Center Arena
Oct 29 Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena
Oct 31 Greenville, SC @ Bi-Lo Center Arena
Nov 2 Atlanta, GA @ Phillips Arena
Houston, TX
Nov 5 Dallas, TX @ Gexa Energy Pavillion
Omaha, NE
Tulsa, OK
Nov 12 Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center Arena
Nov 13 Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center Arena
Chicago, IL @ All State Arena
East Rutherford, NJ
Hartford, CT
Wilkes-Barre, PA
Worcester, MA
Camden, NJ
Detroit, MI
Cincinnati, OH
Nashville, TN
Indianapolis, IN
Denver, CO
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:16:01 AM by bolton » Logged
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »

Rumor at this point I would say

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 10:41:29 AM »

I'd say BS at this point given the original source is from a site that has been linked to so much misinformation thus far... It will be only official on here if a htgth mod posts the news first I'd say  ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 10:54:26 AM »

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/search?q=Asian+tour+2009&updated-max=2009-08-19T08%3A25%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=20

In the above case they missed

Hit two months in advance
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 10:55:15 AM »

I'd be very surprised if they played Philly.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 11:25:46 AM »

I'd be very surprised if they played Philly.

me too...weren't there lawsuits from before? didn't think they were resolved yet
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 11:39:51 AM »

um.. no.  These dates are made up.  A simple check on the places this claims they are playing shows that some places already have events posted
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 11:44:12 AM »

um.. no.  These dates are made up.  A simple check on the places this claims they are playing shows that some places already have events posted

No man! no
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 11:53:27 AM »

As long it's not officially confirmed I take it as a rumor and move on :-)

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 12:07:57 PM »

well I hope it is real, considering that I have off that exact week they are in my area and I will be going to 6 of those shows....if it is real.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 12:13:04 PM »

Yeah I checked all the dates and there were 2 discrepencies.

PBR: Professional Bull Riders
(1984) St Pete Times Forum
Tampa, FL Sun, 04/10/11
01:00 PM

Maybe it'll be a double bill and the PBR will be the opener for Guns?

Also the Mohegan Sun (4/22) date may have some conflicts since Elton John is scheduled to play the same night.  That'd be a nice double bill though.  Elton and Axl meet again.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 12:16:15 PM »

only 2 of the shows out of 30?  Either there is some shred of truth to this rumor or somebody is really good at routing a fake tour in arenas that happen to be empty..i would hope someone doesn't have that much free time, but it wouldnt shock me these days...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »

Yeah, that's all I came up with, which by the percentages is pretty good.  But if the list were legit, don't you think there'd be no discrepencies?  Unless the list is old and dates need to be changed or scrapped altogether.  Or someone MADE UP the list before the PBR event and Elton John concerts were booked.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 12:27:04 PM »

PBR: Professional Bull Riders
(1984) St Pete Times Forum
Tampa, FL Sun, 04/10/11
01:00 PM

Maybe it'll be a double bill and the PBR will be the opener for Guns?

Also the Mohegan Sun (4/22) date may have some conflicts since Elton John is scheduled to play the same night.  That'd be a nice double bill though.  Elton and Axl meet again.

Just did the same thing, son of a bitch. hihi

But there are TWO Mohegan Sun Arenas - the one you found conflicting was Mohegan Sun Arena @ Casey Plaza, which is in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The one GNR is supposed to play at is Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT. Two different arenas, very similar names! ok

I'll be happy if this is put into place... Smiley
sandman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »

also, is it possible to have a bull-riding event at 1pm and still have time to set up for a concert that evening? i know GnR's stage would be on the high-end of the spectrum regarding time to set up their stage, but i have a feeling it would be possible.

IF that would be the case, than have we confirmed there are no conflicts with these dates???

the one thing that jumped out at me was alot of dates in venues where there could be hockey playoffs - MSG, philly, newark, boston, detroit. Not sure how venues typically handle scheduling for that. Also, the philly date is on Easter which is a big day for hockey playoffs.

one other thing that seems strange is philly is the third night of 3 consecutive dates. that's a brutal schedule.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:40:15 PM by sandman » Logged

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 12:40:52 PM »

Never been to one, but I'd assume a professional bull-riding competition takes about 3 hours (not including delays - and I could be totally wrong). So you figure they're done and out of there at 5PM at the latest. You then have to get out all the fencing and dirt - then clean the place, setup for GNR, etc.

I don't think it's doable, maybe the next night or night previous?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 12:48:44 PM »

I think it is just more likely those 2 dates are wrong..Bands release touring schedules and drop a few shows or change locations all the time, 2 changes wouldnt be a lot at all.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »

Never been to one, but I'd assume a professional bull-riding competition takes about 3 hours (not including delays - and I could be totally wrong). So you figure they're done and out of there at 5PM at the latest. You then have to get out all the fencing and dirt - then clean the place, setup for GNR, etc.

In normal cases, GN'R's crew start working at the venue in the morning.

In some rare cases equipment trucks have arrived later than planned and things were a little delayed. But not because of bull riding competitions held on the same day.

I personally don't think this is a list of actual tour dates. April is a little over a month away and there's no source for the information.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 01:05:04 PM »

I think it is just more likely those 2 dates are wrong..Bands release touring schedules and drop a few shows or change locations all the time, 2 changes wouldnt be a lot at all.

Example - Avenged Sevenfold announced a date at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ about a week ago. Guess a conflict came up and now the show will be in Albany, NY on that same day.

In normal cases, GN'R's crew start working at the venue in the morning.

In some rare cases equipment trucks have arrived later than planned and things were a little delayed. But not because of bull riding competitions held on the same day.

I personally don't think this is a list of actual tour dates. April is a little over a month away and there's no source for the information.

/jarmo

Exactly, usually it's a lengthy process - not something that can be whipped together in an hour or two...

Regardless, I hope there's some truth to this (even the slightest bit) so that something gets rolling here.
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »

only 2 of the shows out of 30?  Either there is some shred of truth to this rumor or somebody is really good at routing a fake tour in arenas that happen to be empty..i would hope someone doesn't have that much free time, but it wouldnt shock me these days...

also a lot of dates are on during the week & few on weekends which is the way they usually schedule also but 99% sure somebody made these up- too bad cause RBC in Raleigh is 5 min from my house crying

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: