Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 07:51:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus to fill in for Thin Lizzy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus to fill in for Thin Lizzy  (Read 24230 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2011, 12:00:25 PM »

Richard Only Summer Tour Whit THIN LIZZY

ok

And how do you know that? He has the Oct/Nov dates listed on his own website (http://www.4tus.com).

My guess is TL will have a replacement for Richard for the dates clashing with Guns.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2011, 01:13:29 PM »

ok

And how do you know that? He has the Oct/Nov dates listed on his own website (http://www.4tus.com).

My guess is TL will have a replacement for Richard for the dates clashing with Guns.

Promotion For TL.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2011, 02:10:14 PM »

ok

Promotion For TL.

Ok.. but how do you know that?

Sweetness is a virtue
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2011, 02:52:03 PM »

Surely management would have outlined GN?R as being priority when agreeing the conditions in which certain players would become involved? Huh

Richard is a major aspect of GN?R?s live prowess however if necessary the likes of Izzy or Paul Huge could be brought in as a temporary measure.

hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2011, 03:00:20 PM »

Surely management would have outlined GN?R as being priority when agreeing the conditions in which certain players would become involved? Huh

Richard is a major aspect of GN?R?s live prowess however if necessary the likes of Izzy or Paul Huge could be brought in as a temporary measure.

god I hope not
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2011, 03:05:18 PM »

god I hope not

It?s not a very necessary line of debate given there?s no certainty to the notion Richard won?t participate in GN?R?s upcoming touring plans however in my opinion Paul is more than competent enough to temporarily operate the rhythm guitar. Cool

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2011, 03:52:08 PM »

Please drop it, unless you actually know something.

And to know something you'd have to be Richard Fortus himself or somebody else who's knowledgeable about the subject.

The problem with posting all this speculation and guessing is that sometimes it can appear as a fact. If you don't know any better.

When in reality, it's nothing more than somebody's personal guess/opinion.

That's how many of the "I heard/read..." stories start. Somebody repeats their guess in a way that it can be confused for a fact.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2011, 04:26:55 PM »

And to know something you'd have to be Richard Fortus himself or somebody else who's knowledgeable about the subject.

The problem with posting all this speculation and guessing is that sometimes it can appear as a fact. If you don't know any better.

That's how many of the "I heard/read..." stories start. Somebody repeats their guess in a way that it can be confused for a fact.

/jarmo

I Remepmber In Moment, Fortus Only Dates In SUMMER TOUR Whit Lizzy.

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

dyd
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2011, 03:31:33 PM »

/jarmo

if just for this summer, why he puts on concert posters promoting  Huh
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2011, 04:00:16 PM »

/jarmo

Why not? It shows his support and dedication towards the band...

When his contribution was announced the press release clearly stated he would fill in for the summer tour.

Cheers

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2011, 04:41:42 PM »

/jarmo

Promotion & Help To TL

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2011, 04:51:26 PM »

Could be as simple as they just used pics of the current band members, without taking into account that people might not be available for the concerts in question...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »

I just noticed Def Leppard have gigs scheduled in early October.  Isn't the guy Richard is filling in for touring with them, or am I wrong?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2011, 06:54:29 PM »

I just noticed Def Leppard have gigs scheduled in early October.  Isn't the guy Richard is filling in for touring with them, or am I wrong?

No, I noticed that, too.  They have dates through early November. 

There are any one of a number of scenarios that could be at play here.  Richard may be out of GN'R, he may not be touring with Lizzy, he may be doing the Lizzy dates that don't conflict with GN'R's schedule, or he may be doing the GN'R dates that don't conflict with Lizzy dates.

We don't know.  Actually, I sent Richard an e-mail last month asking him essentially if I should bother showing up for Lizzy set before Judas Priest to see him and he said he didn't know if he was going to be able to do both tours.  He didn't state a preference for either one, but he seemed like he would like to do both if he could.  At least, that's my interpretation.  What will take precedence remains to be seen.

Ali
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2011, 08:41:17 PM »

I have an e-mail from planet rock in the UK outlining thin Liszt dates in the UK from mid Jan tonearly feb. It mentions Richard as being part of the band.

Here today...ready to rock
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2011, 08:43:03 PM »

/jarmo

Guns N' Roses In Chile 2011
Spot T.V. Promotional

Whit > ROBIN & BRYAN

http://vimeo.com/25193606

You Know What In GN'R Is DJ ASHBA & FRANK FERRER ??

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2011, 08:44:27 PM »

I have an e-mail from planet rock in the UK outlining thin Liszt dates in the UK from mid Jan tonearly feb. It mentions Richard as being part of the band.

Yes, Richard Replaced To Campbell In TL

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2011, 08:47:43 PM »

No, I noticed that, too.  They have dates through early November. 

There are any one of a number of scenarios that could be at play here.  Richard may be out of GN'R, he may not be touring with Lizzy, he may be doing the Lizzy dates that don't conflict with GN'R's schedule, or he may be doing the GN'R dates that don't conflict with Lizzy dates.

We don't know.  Actually, I sent Richard an e-mail last month asking him essentially if I should bother showing up for Lizzy set before Judas Priest to see him and he said he didn't know if he was going to be able to do both tours.  He didn't state a preference for either one, but he seemed like he would like to do both if he could.  At least, that's my interpretation.  What will take precedence remains to be seen.

Ali

If he was unsure about the next Lizzy tour, it would be logical for TL to have a backup plan. They are aware of the conflicting dates I'm sure.

Sweetness is a virtue
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2011, 02:19:54 AM »

He was never stated to be a member of the band.  He was always just filling in for Vivian Campbell. 

Anyway, I don't see any importance in the Jan-Feb dates.  Those are not conflicts for any known GN'R dates.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2011, 11:40:31 AM »

I bet Planet Rock, or the person making the promotional material for the Thin Lizzy tour dates, don't have any idea of GN'R's future plans.

I've seen a lot of people look at the Thin Lizzy tour dates, then checking their GN'R calendar and making all kinds of assumptions based on it.

Some assume the worst (or wish for the worst in some cases).

But the reality is that nobody has asked Richard or know anything for sure. It's all assumptions.

Personally, since I don't know, I'm not gonna worry.

A lot of things has happened within the past month or so. Exciting things for fans in South America.

I wouldn't be surprised if Planet Rock or whoever else has no idea about these things...

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: