Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus to fill in for Thin Lizzy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus to fill in for Thin Lizzy  (Read 24106 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2011, 01:16:23 PM »

Richard will be there, easy guys

Fernando

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2011, 01:22:08 PM »

Fernando

Can you please give a source for this and the other things you post?

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »

Fernando

Ali

He posted that on somebody's Facebook.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2011, 03:23:31 PM »

Fernando

Ali

/jarmo

Thank you for clearing that up Jarmo! Great to hear!

Ali
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »

Fernando

That's great to hear! Can't wait for October!  ok

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2011, 06:11:53 PM »

Fernando

Ali

/jarmo

It's True... Thanks J.

ok

PD. Stop Whit Richard Quit Of GN'R, Please.

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2011, 06:53:13 PM »

Someone ask him. Smiley

Thin Lizzy Announce HMV Instore Performance And Signing Session

Fans of the legendary Thin Lizzy get the chance to meet the band, in person when they visit HMV?s flagship Oxford Street store in London?s West End on Monday 25th July 2011 to launch their new UK tour and the reissue of Thin Lizzy albums.

The band will perform a short set from 6.00 pm, after which they will remain in the store to meet fans, sign copies of the reissued Thin Lizzy albums and enable fans to purchase tickets for the new UK tour from hmvtickets.

http://www.entertainment-focus.com/news/thin-lizzy-announce-hmv-instore-performance-and-signing-session

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2011, 04:25:33 AM »

Waiting for an Alibi

Thin Lizzy new boy Richard Fortus is hoping that his Guns N?Roses duties are over in time for him to join up with Lizzy for their January tour

Richard Fortus admits he is desperate to retain his place in Thin Lizzy when the band embark on their UK tour in the new year and he expects to have wrapped up a handful of Guns N? Roses dates in South American in plenty time to do both.

The GNR guitarist was drafted into the new Lizzy line-up last year when Vivien Campbell went back to Def Leppard and Fortus says he is having a blast playing with the band.

Chatting to Rock Radio DJ Tom Russell backstage at High Voltage Fortus joked he will be back if invited, with the band when they kick start their tour in the Glasgow Barrowlands in January after being wowed by stories of the famous Scottish venue by Lizzy singer Ricky Warwick.

?I certainly hope so,? said Fortus. ?We (GNR) are doing some shows in October but hopefully I?ll be free and clear by January.?

Warwick also admitted his delight at the current version of Lizzy being embraced by fans of the classic band. He said:

?It?s maybe not for me to say why that is but maybe the spirit is just right with this line-up and I think we approach it with the right heart and soul. Maybe growing up in Ireland helps me a bit as well ? I don?t know.

?We certainly put on one hell of a show and I think the Lizzy fans know it won?t ever be as good as it was with Phil (Lynott) but this is as good as it?s going to get. If they think that the job is done.?

http://www.rockaaa.com/news/waiting-for-an-alibi-7268
Ali
Legend

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2011, 08:14:07 AM »

Waiting for an Alibi

Thin Lizzy new boy Richard Fortus is hoping that his Guns N?Roses duties are over in time for him to join up with Lizzy for their January tour

Richard Fortus admits he is desperate to retain his place in Thin Lizzy when the band embark on their UK tour in the new year and he expects to have wrapped up a handful of Guns N? Roses dates in South American in plenty time to do both.

The GNR guitarist was drafted into the new Lizzy line-up last year when Vivien Campbell went back to Def Leppard and Fortus says he is having a blast playing with the band.

Chatting to Rock Radio DJ Tom Russell backstage at High Voltage Fortus joked he will be back if invited, with the band when they kick start their tour in the Glasgow Barrowlands in January after being wowed by stories of the famous Scottish venue by Lizzy singer Ricky Warwick.

?I certainly hope so,? said Fortus. ?We (GNR) are doing some shows in October but hopefully I?ll be free and clear by January.?

Warwick also admitted his delight at the current version of Lizzy being embraced by fans of the classic band. He said:

?It?s maybe not for me to say why that is but maybe the spirit is just right with this line-up and I think we approach it with the right heart and soul. Maybe growing up in Ireland helps me a bit as well ? I don?t know.

?We certainly put on one hell of a show and I think the Lizzy fans know it won?t ever be as good as it was with Phil (Lynott) but this is as good as it?s going to get. If they think that the job is done.?

If that isn't unequivocal proof that GN'R comes first for Richard and he isn't leaving the band, then I don't know what is.

Thanks for posting that.

Ali
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2011, 03:33:38 PM »

Waiting for an Alibi

Amazing Richard... 2 Legends... TL & GN'R... This Guy Is HAPPY !!!

beer

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2011, 05:51:06 PM »

UGH i hope this doesn't become a conflict, but damn I was hoping GNR would be in full swing in January
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2011, 07:22:55 AM »

UGH i hope this doesn't become a conflict, but damn I was hoping GNR would be in full swing in January

Richard only mentioned October.

Looks like he doesn't know for sure beyond that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2011, 11:08:06 AM »

/jarmo

Yes, but it's only natural now for GN'R fans to be concerned about the fact that there is a slight chance that these 2 schedules may collide. There is nothing wrong in fans thinking like this, and they shouldn't be made to feel like they are doing something wrong in doing so, because let's face it... we are all secretly thinking about it.

The same thing happened with Robin, he started to tour with another band. And by the time GN'R was ready to go, he was too heavily involved in his current tour to back out, meaning GN'R needed a replacement.

I hope for GN'R's sake, that Richard manages to stay in the current line-up.  Cheesy

(in before, someone has a go at me for thinking "negatively" like this....... even when it's human nature in doing so with being a fan and all.)  hihi
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:10:05 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2011, 11:35:53 AM »

Richard has been playing with GNR for 9 years. He play's with a ton of energy. There's no question why other bands would want him to join.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2011, 12:08:30 PM »

/jarmo

Yes, but it's only natural now for GN'R fans to be concerned about the fact that there is a slight chance that these 2 schedules may collide. There is nothing wrong in fans thinking like this, and they shouldn't be made to feel like they are doing something wrong in doing so, because let's face it... we are all secretly thinking about it.

The same thing happened with Robin, he started to tour with another band. And by the time GN'R was ready to go, he was too heavily involved in his current tour to back out, meaning GN'R needed a replacement.

I hope for GN'R's sake, that Richard manages to stay in the current line-up.  Cheesy

(in before, someone has a go at me for thinking "negatively" like this....... even when it's human nature in doing so with being a fan and all.)  hihi

I don't know what your point is, but I don't see anyone being "made to feel like they are doing something wrong".  Fact is that only the October GN'R dates are confirmed, nothing is definite beyond that.

I don't know how carefully you read the article, but he says he hopes he is free and clear of GN'R duties so he can play with Lizzy in January.  This indicates, rather clearly in my estimation, that he can and will only play with Lizzy if GN'R is not busy.  So, why are you concerned about a potential conflict?

It's not that you are thinking "negatively" in my estimation, but you come off as a bit hypersensitive with the pre-emptive defensive remarks and the perception that someone is being made to feel bad for wondering about potential conflicts between Lizzy and GN'R.  I don't see the necessity for either one of those at this point  peace

Ali
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »

I would imagine that if GNR did a US tour that started in late October or early November it would be over by January, so where is the conflict?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:29:59 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2011, 01:27:02 PM »

I would imagine the if GNR did a US tour that started in late October or early November it would be over by January, so where is the conflict?

Exactly.  If the rumors about a November, December US tour are correct, there will be no conflict unless GN'R has further touring activities or studio plans for January.

Ali
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2011, 01:52:55 PM »

I would imagine the if GNR did a US tour that started in late October or early November it would be over by January, so where is the conflict?

Yes.

No Conflict People... Stop Haters, Please !!!

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2011, 03:17:55 PM »

I don't see where there's an issue here.  He seems to be saying he'd like to tour with Thin Lizzy but only if he's not touring with GN'R.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »

THIN LIZZY: Pro-Shot Footage Of Entire HELLFEST Performance - July 25, 2011

Professionally filmed video footage of THIN LIZZY's entire performance at this year's Hellfest, which was held June 17-19, 2011 in Clisson, France, can be viewed below (courtesy of Arte [Association Relative ? la T?l?vision Europ?enne], a Franco-German TV network).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161106

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: