Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:06:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler Wants His Book "My Appetite For Destruction" Made Into A Movie
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler Wants His Book "My Appetite For Destruction" Made Into A Movie  (Read 10634 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: June 14, 2011, 03:58:40 PM »

From an interview with Steven Adler in the June issue of Rukus Magazine.  Here's just some of the interview:

Ruskus Magazine: Now that your book has been released do you hope to have it adapted into a film like the talks of Motley Crue's "Dirt"? You share a lot of similar stories and run-ins.

Steven Adler: Oh, hell yeah I want a movie. I wanted Leif Garrett to play me but he's just looking too hard dude. I don't think he'll be able to pull it off. I know who I want to have to play Slash though, the guy from Entourage, [pauses]...Adrien [Grenier], he's definitely playing Slash. The other guys I don't know, Axl is going to be played by Mickey Rourke not because they're buddies but Axl is a hard motherfucker; they're similar. The next time I see him I want a hug from the asshole real bad. You know how cool it was to have a life with Steven Tyler, Nikki Sixx, Robert Crosby...they were like my big brothers so yeah, there's a lot of similar stories. Nikki's book being turned into a movie is awesome. He's been a part of my life since I was 12 years old, and of course he's gonna talk about me. I saved his fucking life.

Rukus Magazine: Since you're raving about your former GN'R bandmates, what's your current standing with them?

Steven Adler: We're like 5 brothers, and what do brothers do best...they fight. Shit happens but time heals all wounds. I just played in Europe a month and a half ago and for the last show in London, Duff came up and played "My Michelle" and "It's so easy." He's so great. Slash was there, too. They're all great; I always say those guys are like my big brothers except Slash, he's my little Brother because I'm 6 months older than him. Besides Duff being 6'6,' I look up to him. I used to call him Dr. Love McKagan because back in the day he could walk into a room and he could be talking to anyone and every girl would be staring and trying to talk to him.

Rukus Magazine: GN'R will be eligible for the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in 2012. Will you go with them?

Steven Adler: We're not eligible! We're getting in there. It's all about us, it's all about me and my brothers and we are going to be there and I'm not going to hear another fucking word about it.

Page through to the interview to continue here: http://rukusmag.com/issues/2011/flipmag0611.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 09:58:46 PM »

Adler is right about one thing... Mickey Rourke would be perfect as Axl. 

Dr. Love McKagan   rofl
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:49:41 AM »

Never going to happen... unless they change all of the names and situations like they did with Judas Priest in Rock Star.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:54:11 AM »

So the part of Axl Rose in his 20's should be played by a guy approaching 60? Let's hope this movie never gets made.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »

I have a great idea on who should play Duff...

Dolph Lundgren!!!!!! lol  Their names are even kind of similar.   
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 04:08:41 AM »

I like Stevens attatude about the Rock N` Roll hall of fame

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 02:28:39 AM »

I get kind of sick N' tired of hearing Steven talk about GN'R. He was in the band for 4 years and was sacked 21 years ago.
I understand he is proud of what he achieved with the band, but non of the others live off of the name anymore. They have disassociated themselves from the GN'R name, to a certain degree, and have achieved a hell of a lot more than Steven. Well, maybe not Izzy but he is pretty cruisy and I doubt that kind of thing would worry him, too much.

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 05:49:22 AM »

I get kind of sick N' tired of hearing Steven talk about GN'R. He was in the band for 4 years and was sacked 21 years ago.
I understand he is proud of what he achieved with the band, but non of the others live off of the name anymore. They have disassociated themselves from the GN'R name, to a certain degree, and have achieved a hell of a lot more than Steven. Well, maybe not Izzy but he is pretty cruisy and I doubt that kind of thing would worry him, too much.

i kind of agree but izzy has made lots of great records that he could(i think he is) be very proud of

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 12:02:25 PM »

thats the last thing i want is a guns movie based on stevens account fuck that would really blow. i think duff and axl should make a movie scriped not steven concidering he was not even on the illusions tour!

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 12:27:08 PM »

yes great idea, lets base a GNR movie on the least interesting member in the history of the band.  I want some of whatever it is that Steven is still on.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 03:20:11 PM »

Personally I don't think any movie should be made at all. Why have actors play a bunch of parts that won't look as authentic as the real thing we know so well? Biopics are great when you don't know all that much about the subject. But the hardcore GNR fans will probably hate any movie based on the band.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »

a movie based on axl would be nice and MORE INTERESTING

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 07:50:35 PM »

Steven had a HUGE part in making AFD a classic album

i know people lost their respect and he comes off like some talentless lucky clown that stumbled into a great band but He helped make AFD's groove one of the greatest of all time.

He may not be technically great but there is no comparison in the drumming of Appetite vs all the other GNR albums.

His drumming is shit u can sing a long to. the ultimate air drum album. all time great memorable beats.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 07:54:52 PM »

yes great idea, lets base a GNR movie on the least interesting member in the history of the band.  I want some of whatever it is that Steven is still on.

Steven is a lot of things, but I wouldn't call him "the least interesting" of the band.  If anything, Steven is very entertaining and outspoken.  I think he is much more interesting than Izzy or Matt.   I think Steven really captures the attitude of what early GNR was all about as far as being dangerous and rebellous.   That being said,  yea no reason for a movie based on his accounts...just him being delusional and daydreaming. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:35:24 AM by Trist805 » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 02:32:12 AM »

Steven is a lot of things, but I wouldn't call him "the least interesting" of the band.  If anything, Steven is very entertaining and outspoken.  I think he is much more interesting than Izzy or Matt.   I think Steven really captures the attitude of what early GNR was all about as far as being dangerous and rebellous.   That being said,  yea no reason for a movie based on his accounts...just him being delusional and daydreaming. 

I don't know whats interesting about another junkie rockstar who threw it all away, seriously now.  I thought Matt Sorum was more interesting than him, and I like his intensity behind the kit as well.  Ever watch an interview with Sorum, that dude is hysterical, you ask him about GNR and hes like "whatever dude", just totally happy with where he is at, not bitter at all.  You would think he would have way more of right to be bitter than Steven, Matt didn't get fired for drugs or for being a wreck.  I feel terrible for Adler, it really sucks, and I don't even watch him on those reality shows.

To me Matt Sorum is the drummer of "old guns", now that has a lot to do with the fact that I got into the band when the Illusions came out, so i was never a fan when Steven was still in the group.  Also Steven has had what, 20 years to get his act together and still hasn't done it?  How the fuck can you be former drummer of Guns N Roses and not be able to gather up some musicians and at least get a decent record deal?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 09:30:32 AM »

listen to Appetite and then UYI

not even close.

appettie the drums are "Melodic" U can sing a long to the drum beats.. on UYI the drums for the most part are just there....

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »

I really don't have an interest in a GN'R movie, but wouldn't say Adler is the least interesting either.

I like Sorum, but Adler was behind the kit on AFD, Lies, and involved in the process of shaping all the songs on UYIs.
In other words, he had a hand in GN'R's most successful albums.

Why would Sorum be bitter? He's happy as shit, and rightfully so. He hit the lottery, walked into the perfect situation, twice. Once with the Cult, and then Guns at the height of their popularity.
He was a hired gun who has absolutely nothing to be bitter about.

I don't care for reality TV, so I haven't caught Celebrity Rehab, but I've read Adler's interviews, and to me it's pretty sad.
Granted he made the decision/mistake to get into drugs, a decision all his bandmates also made, but Adler has clearly had the toughest time kicking the addiction.
It's easy to write someone off as just another junky, but they were all junkys, and no better than Adler. It could very well be as simple as him having a more addictive personality.

I understand 100% why the band went on without him, but I think it's hilarious that people say he's pathetic and should just get over it.
Think about the life he had and what it turned into. He obviously regrets what happened, and in his mind wants another chance to make it right.
Sadly, I don't expect that to change until he either gets that chance, or dies.

As far as I'm concerned, as pathetic as he may appear in some peoples eyes, he could die today, having accomplished more than any of us posting in this forum, addiction and all.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 01:52:45 PM »

I just want to say to Steven... Relax dude... He missed what 4-5 years? 

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 04:50:53 PM »

I just want to say to Steven... Relax dude... He missed what 4-5 years? 

Exactly. 4-5 years that no one including Axl look back on real fondly anyways.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 05:47:50 PM »

Well I agree for the most part. He missed out on what was one of the greatest tours in history, but aside from that, GNR died in 93 in most peoples eyes so he didnt miss much.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: