Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - U.S. Tour 2011 (32 Dates)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - U.S. Tour 2011 (32 Dates)  (Read 28508 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »

Due to production issues, the DeSoto Civic Center is unable to host the scheduled concert for Guns N Roses set to take place on Monday, December 5, 2011. We apologize for any inconvenience to ticket purchasers.

Ticket refunds are available at all points of purchase, including all Ticketmaster locations, ticketmaster.com, the DeSoto Civic Center Box Office or by phone at
(800) 745-3000.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2011, 10:32:14 PM »

2 Show Cancelled

Undecided

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »

Same issue as Albany i assume.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2011, 11:02:45 PM »

Same issue as Albany i assume.

Production problems maybe.
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2011, 09:55:52 PM »

Pretty fucking cool 32 shows in 65 days!  beer 

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
cineater
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »

Cool is seeing the Rocky Mountains looming at the end of that long stretch across Kansas.  Denver's up ahead, welcome back Dizzy.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2011, 01:47:59 AM »

ZAKK WYLDE JOINS GUNS N? ROSES ONSTAGE FOR AC/DC COVER

his may be a lot to take in ? Black Label Society frontman and former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Zakk Wylde joined Guns N? Roses onstage last night to play a cover of AC/DC?s ?Whole Lotta Rosie.? Holy hell, it doesn?t get much more rock ?n? roll than that!

Last night, Dec. 8, Guns N? Roses played Indianapolis as part of their current 2011 North American tour. GN?R fans were treated to a special surprise when Zakk Wylde, whose band Black Label Society opened for Guns N? Roses, joined the band live with his axe in hand.

Axl Rose thanked Black Label Society for opening the show before inviting Wylde out to the stage to play ?Whole Lotta Rosie.? The Indianapolis crowd went nuts during and after the song, as Wylde proudly held up his guitar for the screaming fans.

During a 1995 interview with Kerrang! magazine, Zakk Wylde shared the story on how he almost became Guns N? Roses? new guitarist opposite legendary shredder Slash. ?We jammed together for just over a week, said Wylde. ?We jammed over a whole bunch of s? and came out with three pretty cool ideas. That was with the whole band: Axl, Slash, Dizzy, Duff, Matt and me. We were all just jammin? together and havin? a blast.?

Check out fan-filmed video of Zakk Wylde jamming with Guns N? Roses at last night?s show below:

http://loudwire.com/zakk-wylde-joins-guns-n-roses-onstage-for-acdc-cover/

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

gnrfan89
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2011, 03:35:25 PM »

Starting to worry we're not getting a show in SF Bay Area.   nervous

Guess I'll have to go the Vegas to catch a show from this amazing tour! 

09/06 SF
12/06 Oakland
10/20/12 Mtn View
10/21/12 Mtn View
11/23/12 LV
11/24/12 LV
06/06/14 LV
06/07/14 LV
04/08/16 LV
04/09/16 LV
08/16 SF
11/17 Oakland
08/21 SJ
10/08/23 Aftershock
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2011, 05:24:41 PM »

Guns N' Roses at 1STBANK Center, with Black Label Society, 12/11/11

Some bands wait until the end of the set or an encore to pull out its most beloved material. Not Guns N Roses. Two songs into the set, the instantly familiar guitar riff was teased two, maybe three times, before Axl Rose cried out, "Do you know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby! You're gonna die!" Yes, GNR had the stones to play the song that broke it to the world that early in the set. And it was clear there was no lip-synching for that song as some people assumed for other songs in the set, as evidenced by Axl switching up the inflection in lyrics here and there. When he sang the "Feel my, my, my, my serpentine" line, he did his signature dance. As for the rest of the band? Not a bum note, and if anyone had any concern for the show being good or seeing any prima donna antics from stage, those worries proved to be unfounded.

Before Guns took stage, the lights went out on the venue and an instrumental version of "I'm Your Man" by Leonard Cohen played through the P.A.. Then Dj Ashba was lit up like an icon in front of projection of what had been a red vortex that evolved into the Guns N' Roses logo. The show started off with the title track from Chinese Democracy, and immediately it was a spectacle of colorful projections and fireworks and flame jets and explosions that punctuated the appropriate parts of every song.

After "Welcome to the Jungle" came, the band somewhat unexpectedly went directly into "It's So Easy" with Tommy Stinson supplying backing vocals every bit as expertly as Duff McKagan used to and Dj Ashba's leads, no matter what song he played, were perfectly executed every time even as he put a bit of his own touch on the playing as well. "Mr. Brownstone" came next as a welcome reminder of the strength of the material that happened to be on the act's debut full-length.

Before "Sorry," the words "Guns N Roses" appeared on the projection screens and the crowd chanted along to a cadence in the sequencing. Clearly Sebastian Bach wasn't really on this tour but "Sorry" ended up being a surprisingly strong performance especially with Ashba's melodic yet moody delivery on the leads. Before going into "Shackler's Revenge," Axl asked us how we were doing, and the crowd, to its credit, raised quite a ruckus. Then he said, "You sound good. You sound really fuckin' good!" And somehow it didn't come off as pandering. Throughout the show, it seemed as though Axl was appreciative of the people showing up, and he was gracious with his bandmates as well as the set went on.

Continue...

http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2011/12/review_guns_n_roses_at_1stbank.php

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2011, 05:45:31 PM »

D Generation Plan to Make New Music

Jesse Malin has new respect for Axl Rose, and his own reunited band

D Generation's reunion year recently culminated with two opening dates for Guns N' Roses. It's the type of show the band would have scoffed at back in the day, but frontman Jesse Malin looks at it differently now that he's older.

"We used to hate all these bands," Malin tells Rolling Stone. "When D Generation first came out, we were just at war with everything, especially the California hair bands and stuff. Now it all seems to make sense, that we should be a band that should open up for GN'R."

So what's changed? "I realized that Axl's probably treated my friends, like Richard [Fortus] and Tommy [Stinson], really well these last bunch of years," Malin says. "He's out there doing it. He's an outlaw, a misfit, like a lot of us grew up. You could see that with Axl. So I kind of respect it, in some newfound way."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/d-generation-plan-to-make-new-music-20111213

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2011, 02:16:29 AM »

Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose Gets Keys To Utah City

Guns N' Roses leader Axl Rose hooked up with the Mayor of West Valley City at the band's Tuesday night concert in the Utah city.
The Salt Lake City Tribune reports about one hour into the show at the Maverik Center, Mayor Mike Winder stepped onstage and greeted Axl.

Winder congratulated the band on this past week's announcement that GNR had been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and presented Rose with a key to the city.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/11/dec/15Guns_N_Roses_Axl_Rose_Gets_Keys_To_Utah_City.shtml

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2011, 01:29:43 PM »

Only 4 Shows...

Cry

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄