Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 06:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227994 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Atlantic City - House of Blues show - 2/24/12
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Atlantic City - House of Blues show - 2/24/12  (Read 26167 times)
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2012, 01:10:44 AM »

my cell phone is being weird, will update when i can.

dizzy piano solo

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2012, 01:15:58 AM »

street of dreams

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2012, 01:44:48 AM »

@MaritsaTzimas via Twitter

@belrosegnr via Twitter

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:49:42 AM by MNGS717 » Logged

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2012, 01:54:34 AM »

Set list so far
CHINESE DEMOCRACY

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

IT'S SO EASY

Mr. BROWNSTONE

SORRY

YOU'RE CRAZY

ESTRANGED

ROCKET QUEEN

4TUS SOLO

LIVE AND LET DIE

THIS IS LOVE

USED TO LOVE HER

MOTIVATION (Tommy Stinson)

DIZZY PIANO SOLO

STREET OF DREAMS

YOU COULD BE MINE

DJ SOLO

SWEET CHILD O MINE

AXL PIANO SOLO

NOVEMBER RAIN

BUMBLEFOOT SOLO

DONT CRY

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2012, 03:49:21 AM »

After last post it was
Don't Cry
Shacklers revenge
Kohd
Nightrain
Encore:
Madagascar
Rosie
Better
Patience
Paradise City

Holy crap just got back, Axl came out at Midnight...band was on point! Crowd was extremely energetic and Axl was loving it, first time I've ever seen him in such an awesome mood, he was smiling at the cheers all night. New songs were recieved very well...Axl asked if we had some more time cause he'd like to play a few more songs at 2:30 haha show officially ended at about 3:15 with bows and such! Man best gnr show I've been to, thanks so much GNR

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2012, 07:19:49 AM »

cool that Used to Love Her n' Your Crazy are still in the setlist,...
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2012, 08:57:11 AM »

Better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJElSxO3mFo

SCOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcjAZok8zao

Great quality

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
FabioFrehley
Headliner

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »

Axl is singing really well on Better  Shocked
SCOM, well, always SCOM ...  hihi But i see the video and liked (: Axl's voice is going to be in top form on the European Tour.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2012, 10:57:26 AM »

One of the best concerts of my life. Axl is on absolute fucking fire!!! He was in a great mood and he sounded incredible. when he spoke, it sounded like he was still under the weather, but his vocals were among the best i've ever heard from him. And he was really pushing himself and putting everything he had into it. It was fucking amazing to watch.

The shows in wilkes barre and camden were incredible, and this show was clearly better.

The set list is better....loved yc, cw, and utlh. WLR is the encore was a nice surprise. Didnt think they had been playing that.

Axl's voice in the mix was perfect. Overall volume was perfect. Outstanding sound. In november, i thought axl's voice needed to be louder (or the band a little lower). Check the vids....i cannot express enough how great this show was. So similar to november but clearly better.

Lights dimmed at midnight and they ended at 3:15.

My wife went and she was blown away. She had seen some clips and her expectations were high, but she said 3 or 4 times "he sounds exactly like Axl." He doesnt sound good for 50....he sounds all time good.

Axl4prez - good seeing u again. Hope u made it home safe. and glad to see your bud was in control this time!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »

Axl is singing really well on Better  Shocked
SCOM, well, always SCOM ...  hihi But i see the video and liked (: Axl's voice is going to be in top form on the European Tour.

That voice sounds angry as hell.  I like how he turns it up on songs like civil war, better and crazy.
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2012, 01:13:51 PM »

Just got home from AC. Kick ass show! Axl looks & sounds like he's almost done with his sick bug. Was in good spirits & loved the crowd - pretty loud & responsive. Not too crazy but just really energetic & giving Axl & the band lots of love & Axl commented on it a few times.

Opening band Last Vegas rocked & definitely going to pick up their album (s).

Had very real cool people around me - met Cotis from here & two awesome gals from Florida - Jenna & Diane. Diane had an awesome "Dizzy Fuckin' Reed" t-shirt on that she got to show him & he very much appreciated!  So cool!

Great show, great night. My 19th G N' R show and it never gets old!  Can't wait for #20  peace

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2012, 01:16:28 PM »

Great show last night...cannot wait til Monday when I will have less than a 5 minute commute  peace GNR in Philly proper!

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2012, 02:51:26 PM »

Hoping for a video of "Shackler's" at the AC show.  Heard that song performed live a few times, but Axl never sounded better on it than last night - he was spot on - and he got more of a "demonic" tone on it now.  Sounded INSANELY COOL! 

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »

Just got home from AC. Kick ass show! Axl looks & sounds like he's almost done with his sick bug. Was in good spirits & loved the crowd - pretty loud & responsive. Not too crazy but just really energetic & giving Axl & the band lots of love & Axl commented on it a few times.

Opening band Last Vegas rocked & definitely going to pick up their album (s).

Had very real cool people around me - met Cotis from here & two awesome gals from Florida - Jenna & Diane. Diane had an awesome "Dizzy Fuckin' Reed" t-shirt on that she got to show him & he very much appreciated!  So cool!

Great show, great night. My 19th G N' R show and it never gets old!  Can't wait for #20  peace

Nice to meet you man!! ok

Was a killer show as you said, I think that the best concert I've seen is always the last one - just keep getting better.

Bodhi, I know you'll see this - great to finally meet you man!

Still haven't gone to bed yet, got no voice - it's like Vegas all over again!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2012, 06:04:08 PM »

What a night!  So many things to say:

I've never seen Axl in a better mood.  He sounded amazing from start to finish.  Sure, a lyric here or there might have been mistaken, but not enough to spoil any song.  He was nailing high notes, and holy shit! his lower register was downright DEMONIC!  (in an awesome way!)

the band was amazing.  I was particularly impressed with Bumblefoot last night.  I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that Mrs. Foot was not only in attendance, but got to take the stage for a special Happy Birthday performed by Mr. Foot himself, on one knee no less!  Everybody was grinning from ear to ear.  Somebody must have laced the band's drinks with happy pills!  Fucking great.  Smiley

Loved Tommy's watermelon bass. 

I noticed how great it is to see GNR multiple times.  Every show is unique.  I had just seen GNR in Camden in November, 2011, and at that show I was blown away by Mr. Ashba's playing and stage presence...and while I dug DJ's performance, I just felt like it was Bumble's night.  (Bumble's ridiculously awesome work on Shackler's didn't hurt!)

Richard is always solid, and last night was no different.  My biggest worry is that with all the talent between DJ, Ron, and Richard, somebody would want to leave for another gig.  I'm glad they're happy with Guns...I've never heard of "too much talent" on guitar being a bad thing for a band.

Did anybody else catch a glimpse of the smokin' hot chick up in the front of the balcony?  Looking up from the pit, I nodded to my buddy, pointed up, (during KOHD no less) )and told him, "Knock-knock-knockers on heaven's door."   hihi  Lots of hot chicks in the audience wearing great outfits...nice stuff.

How does Axl move like he does at 50?  The guy's not human.  LOVE IT!!!

Loved the venue...having a room at the Showboat was so easy...hung out with my buds, saw an unbelievably great show, and BAM! there's my bed! 

btw, Sandman, we kept my bro-in-law away from the Arbor Mist!  HA!  I'm glad your wife had a great time too!

I spoke with several folks who labeled this the greatest rock concert they've ever attended.  It really was amazing.
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
JAxlMorrison
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2012, 06:49:12 PM »

Did anyone from this board go to the afterparty? All the guys except Dizzy and Chris were there, I believe. Axl even stopped in for a little while, but left when the music was shut off and things were starting to wind down.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »

Also have to laugh at Axl's comment at the end, "everybody be safe and don't take no shit from the po-po!"  hihi

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2012, 07:59:16 PM »

I've never seen Axl in a better mood.  He sounded amazing from start to finish.  Sure, a lyric here or there might have been mistaken, but not enough to spoil any song.  He was nailing high notes, and holy shit! his lower register was downright DEMONIC!  (in an awesome way!)

the band was amazing.  I was particularly impressed with Bumblefoot last night.  I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that Mrs. Foot was not only in attendance, but got to take the stage for a special Happy Birthday performed by Mr. Foot himself, on one knee no less!  Everybody was grinning from ear to ear.  Somebody must have laced the band's drinks with happy pills!  Fucking great.  Smiley

I noticed how great it is to see GNR multiple times.  Every show is unique.  I had just seen GNR in Camden in November, 2011, and at that show I was blown away by Mr. Ashba's playing and stage presence...and while I dug DJ's performance, I just felt like it was Bumble's night.  (Bumble's ridiculously awesome work on Shackler's didn't hurt!)

Richard is always solid, and last night was no different.  My biggest worry is that with all the talent between DJ, Ron, and Richard, somebody would want to leave for another gig.  I'm glad they're happy with Guns...I've never heard of "too much talent" on guitar being a bad thing for a band.

Did anybody else catch a glimpse of the smokin' hot chick up in the front of the balcony?  Looking up from the pit, I nodded to my buddy, pointed up, (during KOHD no less) )and told him, "Knock-knock-knockers on heaven's door."   hihi  Lots of hot chicks in the audience wearing great outfits...nice stuff.

Loved the venue...having a room at the Showboat was so easy...hung out with my buds, saw an unbelievably great show, and BAM! there's my bed! 

btw, Sandman, we kept my bro-in-law away from the Arbor Mist!  HA!  I'm glad your wife had a great time too!

I spoke with several folks who labeled this the greatest rock concert they've ever attended.  It really was amazing.
 peace

Prez - you going to be at the Electric Factory on Mon?  Not a bad drive from Dover.....
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2012, 08:19:52 PM »

peace

Prez - you going to be at the Electric Factory on Mon?  Not a bad drive from Dover.....

If I could I would...but at 37 with my buddies in town for a lot of drinking, and a late night last night, I feel like I'm 73 right now!  Like I said in my earlier post, I don't know how Axl does what he does. 
If the Electric Company gets half the show of A.C. they're in for a fuckin' treat!
...and yes, that line from Axl about the po-po made me crack up.   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2012, 03:12:33 AM »

Fantastic night.

The Irish Pub was a great place to grab some grub. Good food, cheap, short wait, and cute waitresses.

The opening act went on a little longer than necessary but they didn't suck.

GN'R going on at midnight and playing until 3:15, with a long-ass encore was awesome.

The only thing that bothered me about the whole thing was that the lead singer of Last Vegas spat on the stage, while Axl, who looks like he's still sick, had enough class to spit in a bucket. It was his stage, so if anyone could, it's him, certainly not a no-name from a support act.

But I'd give the show a 9.5 out of 10. Security were a bit pushy, but I was able to get in, get to my seat, get a beer, buy a shirt, and get out without much hassle, and the set provided just about every song you could think of requesting.

If they were to do a Live Era for the current lineup, tonight's gig had the perfect setlist.

EDIT: Oh, and to the guys who posted the setlist, you left off Civil War, which I wasn't expecting at all and was a great surprise. One of my favs from UYI. Think it went on after Shackler.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:18:21 AM by Alfie Bones » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: