Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:37:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 12th, West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues (UpDates).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 12th, West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues (UpDates).  (Read 80223 times)
DnR
Headliner

« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »

I couldn't tell you one good thing Finck did outside of GnR, and his stuff on chinese was great, so lets not judge DJs past work on what he would be like on a gnr album, example Slash stuff has been nowhere near what he was writing with Guns back in the day, past work means nothing.  ok

lol, ever heard of Nine Inch Nails?

Yeah I have, now name me one solo that finck did or wrote with NIN that comes close to Street of dreams, TIL, CD, Better.....
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2012, 02:10:05 PM »

I couldn't tell you one good thing Finck did outside of GnR, and his stuff on chinese was great, so lets not judge DJs past work on what he would be like on a gnr album, example Slash stuff has been nowhere near what he was writing with Guns back in the day, past work means nothing.  ok

Yeah I have, now name me one solo that finck did or wrote with NIN that comes close to Street of dreams, TIL, CD, Better.....
NIN isn't really much of a "guitar solo band" if you know what I mean.

But you never said anything about solo's. You just said he hasn't done one good thing outside GNR. Just because he didn't play awesome solo's in NIN doesn't mean he wasn't fucking epic with them onstage.

Broski
DnR
Headliner

« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2012, 02:11:49 PM »

But you never said anything about solo's. You just said he hasn't done one good thing outside GNR. Just because he didn't play awesome solo's in NIN doesn't mean he wasn't fucking epic with them onstage.

Wasnt arguing that fact, and i love Finck his guitar playing is different which I love, my argument is, judging what DJ is gonna write with gnr before he's written it, past work means fuck all.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2012, 02:17:29 PM »

Wasnt arguing that fact, and i love Finck his guitar playing is different which I love, my argument is, judging what DJ is gonna write with gnr before he's written it, past work means fuck all.
I'm not judging it before I've heard it. I just personally can't say I'm too excited for it based on what I've heard of DJ. Hey, who knows? Maybe it will be the most amazing music of all time...

But I'd rather hear the songs I've been waiting for for years with the musicians I've loved for years.

It's like asking someone "What are you more excited for? The new Aerosmith song or the new Jonas Brothers song?" Just my opinion. If the DJ/GNR material turns out to be an awesome, I'll be the first one to say it.

Broski
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2012, 02:20:09 PM »

And I really am not interested in listening to songs he wrote for GNR...we don't need a Motley Cure or Sixx AM sounding album.

Don't jump to conclusions yet....I'm sure the next GNR album will be the greatest GNR album of alltime! (CD will be hard to top though)

Maybe... But ALL Albums Excelnt !@

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2012, 02:25:04 PM »

Robins unpredictability is part of what makes him so epic.

Lets be honest. Robin is and always will be Axl's first choice.

DJ is nothing more than the audiance participation guy as far as I can tell. Seems he only wants the GNR gig so he can sell more AshbaSWAG and promote himself. I don't like his image, his attitude and his whole get-up. His playing is good but, on a stage with Ron and 4tus it just doesn't cut it. And I really am not interested in listening to songs he wrote for GNR...we don't need a Motley Cure or Sixx AM sounding album.

I love the current lineup. Seen em' 6 times and loved every second of it. But Robin is GNR and always will be.

Totally agree!!  smoking

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2012, 02:29:55 PM »

DJ is nothing more than the audiance participation guy as far as I can tell. Seems he only wants the GNR gig so he can sell more AshbaSWAG and promote himself. I don't like his image, his attitude and his whole get-up. His playing is good but, on a stage with Ron and 4tus it just doesn't cut it. And I really am not interested in listening to songs he wrote for GNR...we don't need a Motley Cure or Sixx AM sounding album. 

I couldn't DISAGREE with you more!! I actually loke the last Crue album..It's as good as Shout at the Devil n' Dr. Feelgood..I'm interested in a DJ/Axl collaberation!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2012, 02:34:17 PM »

I'm glad we get to see the true colors of some of you.

Bashing the current guitar player just because the former joined the band for one song.

At some point Robin decided he didn't want to be in the band anymore and left.

That doesn't make him a better player all of a sudden. Or worse for that matter.

GN'R with Robin was great, GN'R without Robin is great too.

Some of you guys sound as boring as anybody else who talks about the past and how great it was.

You're in the same fucking boat with those people. Hope you're enjoying that ride while the rest of us are out there enjoying the current GN'R that exists in this real world....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2012, 02:35:41 PM »

Wow I loved the HOB version o' Dead Flowers..But....I prefer the other lyrics.."Another whore to take(chase) my blues away".
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »

Well lets hope Axl doesn`t do anything with the old members at the hall of fame some peoples minds will get frazzled who will they know who to bash first Wink
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »

DJ & ROBIN Is Part Of GUNS N' ROSES !@

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »

I love the current lineup. Seen em' 6 times and loved every second of it. But Robin is GNR and always will be.

Totally agree!!  smoking

I have to say that my thought process is not too far from this...

It's all down to personal taste at the end of the day, and the fact is no matter how you want to dress it up. You are not going to favour one guitarist over another, purely because they are now in a band called Guns N' Roses and your favourite isn't. I've always loved Robins style and he was the reason why I fell in love with the Chinese Democracy era of GN'R.

What makes Robin more attractive to me is the fact that he is his own person, and he is a true individual......a true artist. I have come to like DJ alot, but everything he stands for is just not to my taste personally. He reminds me too much of a "Motley Crue" type of artist, and that's not surprising seeing as he is close friends with all those guys, and will naturally strive to be like them.

I prefer Robins songwriting and overall personality and vibe, and I'm not taking shots at Ashba here.......just my opinion. Like it or not, but another reason why I consider Robin as a true artist and my favourite, is because while he was in GN'R, he never once promoted anything to do with himself. But he gave his all for GN'R, while DJ has a clothing line, media company and he obviously tries to mention them every opportunity he gets, even on the guitar rig video(s)......again not taking a dig, but it's a fact.  Smiley

I'm not going to choose DJ over Robin based soley on the fact that one is in GN'R currently, and one isn't.....

I actually think that DJ has improved alot since joining GN'R and has become a fan favourite, but at the end of the day, I will always love Robin Finck.....and obviously I would want Robin back in Guns N' Roses.

I love all era's of Guns N' Roses, and I'm going to be doing alot of travelling this summer following the band. BUT that doesn't stop you favouring a member who you truely love, and feel alot of affection for, simply because they are not "currently" in a band called GN'R.

GN'R is much more than a name, what makes it great is everyones contributions.......and it's human nature to have favourites.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:52:09 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2012, 02:55:18 PM »

the fact that Robin can perform one song with them and people go from bragging about the current lineup and how great they are live to rambling on and on about how much they don't like DJ and want Robin back is exactly why I hope the old lineup doesn't play at the hall of fame because it'll be like this but about 100000 times worse.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »

the fact that Robin can perform one song with them and people go from bragging about the current lineup and how great they are live to rambling on and on about how much they don't like DJ and want Robin back is exactly why I hope the old lineup doesn't play at the hall of fame because it'll be like this but about 100000 times worse.

THIS!

spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2012, 03:07:04 PM »

1 ? Robin is more original than DJ. Ok, I give you that.
2 ? My wild guess is: if Robin stayed, he would be seen as one of the best guitar players in the world. But he?s not so social, he has his weird style (that makes him so cool) n? for those reasons, many people don?t like him or don?t recognize how good he is
3 ? It?s early to judge DJ for studio work since there ain?t nothing yet. But for all I heard from Beautiful Creatures/Sixx AM/His solo record, he?s damn good.
4 ? Robin did his job very well keeping the dream alive in terrible times. But he left. DJ is out there, kickin? ass. So kudos for Robin for the past n? kudos for DJ for the present.
5 - It?s not fair to judge DJ or point fingers ? I personally love Robin but DJ is one hell of a guy, good player n? the band is doing well, so no reason for the bashing.
6- Not fair to say CD is Robin ? Bucket n? Paul did many monstruous n? incredible things there n? Richard n? Bumble added some good work too.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2012, 03:16:19 PM »

1 ? Robin is more original than DJ. Ok, I give you that.
2 ? My wild guess is: if Robin stayed, he would be seen as one of the best guitar players in the world. But he?s not so social, he has his weird style (that makes him so cool) n? for those reasons, many people don?t like him or don?t recognize how good he is
3 ? It?s early to judge DJ for studio work since there ain?t nothing yet. But for all I heard from Beautiful Creatures/Sixx AM/His solo record, he?s damn good.
4 ? Robin did his job very well keeping the dream alive in terrible times. But he left. DJ is out there, kickin? ass. So kudos for Robin for the past n? kudos for DJ for the present.
5 - It?s not fair to judge DJ or point fingers ? I personally love Robin but DJ is one hell of a guy, good player n? the band is doing well, so no reason for the bashing.
6- Not fair to say CD is Robin ? Bucket n? Paul did many monstruous n? incredible things there n? Richard n? Bumble added some good work too.

I Agree

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2012, 03:22:25 PM »

Why can't we be friends...why can't we be friends?
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2012, 03:33:08 PM »

Maybe  Robin and Brain could make a side project and record an album together, maybe with Buckethead?

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2012, 03:36:15 PM »

He performed one song.  They've also played with Izzy, Duff, and Brain.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2012, 03:45:13 PM »

He performed one song.  They've also played with Izzy, Duff, and Brain.

Izzy Whit Robin // Dj Whit Duff // Robin Whit GN'R 2012, Also SEBASTIAN

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: