Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:32:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 12th, West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues (UpDates).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 12th, West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues (UpDates).  (Read 80208 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2012, 03:57:04 PM »

Two comments.

The re-appearance of Brain and Robin shows, again, the respect Axl has for previous band members. If you were believe everything ever said about Axl, then you would assume that nothing like this could ever be possible.

Secondly, Guns are an epic band, they have epic albums, their concerts are epic, and the making of albums is also an epic process. I know the latter has been a thorn for most GN'R fans, but I think it's been interesting in some ways. AFD represented the band members at that time, UYI was a jumble, to me it represented the shift in tide at the time, and in it's own way is a classic. CD is Guns with a Brain, Robin and Buckethead influence, and the next album will represent the new line-up. I think once the whole journey is over, people will forget about all the nonsense that has been attributed to GN'R during the journey and will appreciate the albums for what they are, and the era that they represent.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2012, 03:59:31 PM »

I'm glad we get to see the true colors of some of you.

Bashing the current guitar player just because the former joined the band for one song.

At some point Robin decided he didn't want to be in the band anymore and left.

That doesn't make him a better player all of a sudden. Or worse for that matter.

GN'R with Robin was great, GN'R without Robin is great too.

Some of you guys sound as boring as anybody else who talks about the past and how great it was.

You're in the same fucking boat with those people. Hope you're enjoying that ride while the rest of us are out there enjoying the current GN'R that exists in this real world....

/jarmo

Well said. 
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »

Why can't we be friends...why can't we be friends?
people just love to babble about the old vs new again and again, just for the sake of doing it. hard to blame them, talking about newly released studio stuff or official video stuff would be much better, but there's nothing at the moment, so all we have is a few bootlegs and fans hungry for at least something to talk about.

bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2012, 04:04:44 PM »

Two comments.

The re-appearance of Brain and Robin shows, again, the respect Axl has for previous band members. If you were believe everything ever said about Axl, then you would assume that nothing like this could ever be possible.

Secondly, Guns are an epic band, they have epic albums, their concerts are epic, and the making of albums is also an epic process. I know the latter has been a thorn for most GN'R fans, but I think it's been interesting in some ways. AFD represented the band members at that time, UYI was a jumble, to me it represented the shift in tide at the time, and in it's own way is a classic. CD is Guns with a Brain, Robin and Buckethead influence, and the next album will represent the new line-up. I think once the whole journey is over, people will forget about all the nonsense that has been attributed to GN'R during the journey and will appreciate the albums for what they are, and the era that they represent.

Well said...I have to agree with these comments.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2012, 04:18:11 PM »

Two comments.

Perfect M. !@!@ Cheers !@

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2012, 04:19:46 PM »

He performed one song.  They've also played with Izzy, Duff, and Brain.

Izzy Whit Robin // Dj Whit Duff // Robin Whit GN'R 2012, Also SEBASTIAN

smoking

It is cool, very cool.  But nothing else has come of it. Wink

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »

Two comments.

I totally agree with this comment also, really good points...

I'm just glad that this has happened, and it went down in the best way you could have imagined. And to top it off, the GN'R fanbase reactions have been absolutely second to none, and that's what I love about our fanbase.......honesty and integrity.  Smiley

And to a certain extent, I don't agree with the comment jarmo made about people complimenting Robin over DJ, in "being in the same boat as reunion fanatics". The fact is, is that before Robins appearence with GN'R the other night. Most of the people who are praising Robin over DJ today, kept respectful and supported the current band and contributed to the forum in a positive manner.

And this thread is about a show where Robin made a special appearence, and played his signature song "Better". People are naturally going to discuss this, and come to the conclusion how much better "Better" sounded, with the songwriter paying it as it is on the album. As this discussion is going on, some more people might go further and state how they prefer Robin over DJ, etc......This is not disrespectful when the thread is to do with a show, in which Robin (A member who Axl still classes as a member of GN'R) made an appearence.

I think that is way different to reunion enthusiasts, who can never say a good word about the current band. And always decide to cause trouble by mindlessly ignoring the positives about the current band, for the sake of pointing out all the negatives.

I just don't think you can put those 2 types of people in the same category to be honest......sorry  Tongue

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:38:35 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2012, 04:53:49 PM »

The cool thing about Guns is they have had all these line-ups. Axl has been able to showcase very different, and very talented musicians, and it has bought people from all walks of music life together to discuss the single entity that is Guns N' Roses.

Amazing  beer
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2012, 05:02:42 PM »

I'm glad we get to see the true colors of some of you.

Bashing the current guitar player just because the former joined the band for one song.

At some point Robin decided he didn't want to be in the band anymore and left.

That doesn't make him a better player all of a sudden. Or worse for that matter.

GN'R with Robin was great, GN'R without Robin is great too.

True colors? lol

Seriously, what is your deal? What is wrong with prefering some members to others? Why do you feel the need to be so condescending when people don't agree with you?

I love this band. That dosen't mean I have to like every single member of the band to death just because they are in the band....I'm not a fan of DJ. I've never been a fan on DJ. Ask anyone that's seen my posts on other forums...What is the problem? Does that make me any less of a fan?

I've seen this band 6 times. I support them and love everything they do.

No one is bashing anyone. When did I bash DJ? It's called having an opinion. I don't like him in GNR...so what?

If Robin rejoined you'd do the same thing if people started saying they prefered DJ. It's hard to take you seriously.

When did I say Robin leaving made him a better player? I've been a Robin Finck fan from day 1. I didn't start liking him after he left. I always supported him in the band and always didn't like DJ in the band. This recent appearence of Finck at the LA show has had absolutley no impact on my opinon. I've been saying all the stuff I've said in this thread for a long long time...I can provide links if you want?

Some of you guys sound as boring as anybody else who talks about the past and how great it was.

You're in the same fucking boat with those people.

Are you even listening to yourself? You sound ridiculous. What the hell is wrong with enjoying the past? What is the issue. Why are you so anti - anything that isn't RIGHT NOW. Why so hostile towards anything in the past. Why not enjoy everything?

Hope you're enjoying that ride while the rest of us are out there enjoying the current GN'R that exists in this real world....

I've seen this current GNR that exsists in the real world 6 times as I've already stated. I love the current band.

But there is absolutley nothing wrong with enjoying certain band members more than others. And it's absolutley absurd to me how you criticize people for simply having preferences. 

Broski
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2012, 05:03:28 PM »

dead flowers sounds great! love his vocals on it. he doesn't need to screech all the time. his regular singing voice is sometimes much more fitting. nice mix in it all.

and how great was it seeing finck playing his signature song  smoking
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: March 14, 2012, 05:23:37 PM »

True colors? lol

Seriously, what is your deal? What is wrong with prefering some members to others? Why do you feel the need to be so condescending when people don't agree with you?

What's your problem with me saying as I see it?

A bunch of you were quiet until Robin joined the band for one song and you start bashing Dj.

I don't have a problem with what you prefer.

I have a slight issue with the way some of you present your opinion.

It's sad to see.

If Robin rejoined you'd do the same thing if people started saying they prefered DJ. It's hard to take you seriously.

It's hard to take somebody, who thinks any songwriter writing songs with/for GN'R will sound like Motley Crue, seriously.

Are you even listening to yourself? You sound ridiculous. What the hell is wrong with enjoying the past? What is the issue. Why are you so anti - anything that isn't RIGHT NOW. Why so hostile towards anything in the past. Why not enjoy everything?

I don't give a fuck how you think I sound. I say what I think.

I don't have problem with the past. I listen to Robin's work with GN'R all the time.

Just because I do, doesn't mean I have to disrespect Dj and wish he wasn't in the band.

I get it, he replaced your hero. Your hero chose to leave.

It's not Dj's fault...

And it's absolutley absurd to me how you criticize people for simply having preferences. 

It's absurd to me that you get so sensitive when I point out that some of your "opinions" seem disrespectful to me. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #191 on: March 14, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »

True colors? lol

What's your problem with me saying as I see it?

A bunch of you were quiet until Robin joined the band for one song and you start bashing Dj.

I don't have a problem with what you prefer.

I have a slight issue with the way some of you present your opinion.

It's sad to see.
I have never been quiet about this at all. I only joined this forum recentley but I have been a member on many other GNR forums and I can link you to MANY posts I've made where I've said all the same things I've said here. It has nothing to do with Robin joining the band for one song. I've been saying it for a while. As for others, well of course having Robin back in the fold for a moment will cause discussion about Robin...and some people prefer Robin over DJ.

I never bashed DJ. I just don't like the kind of music he plays outside of Guns. Again, it all comes down to preference. I never bashed him. I even said he is a good player.

It's hard to take somebody, who thinks any songwriter writing songs with/for GN'R will sound like Motley Crue, seriously.
Why? He's written for Motley Crue. I don't think it's a wild stretch of the imagination to think that...

I don't give a fuck how you think I sound. I say what I think.

I don't have problem with the past. I listen to Robin's work with GN'R all the time.

Just because I do, doesn't mean I have to disrespect Dj and wish he wasn't in the band.

I get it, he replaced your hero. Your hero chose to leave.

It's not Dj's fault...

I'm not disrespecting DJ. I'm just presenting my opinion. I prefer Finck to DJ and wish he was in the band instead of DJ. That doesn't mean I hate DJ or GNR. I wouldn't have seen this lineup so many times if that was the case.

I don't see how saying I'd rather have Finck in the band instead of DJ is disrespectful. It's just a personal preference.

I never said it was DJ's fault that Robin left.

And it's absolutley absurd to me how you criticize people for simply having preferences. 

It's absurd to me that you get so sensitive when I point out that some of your "opinions" seem disrespectful to me. Smiley

I'm not sensitive. I just think that people should be allowed to express their opinions without the admin being condescending and making it seem like people who don't absolutley 100% LOVE everything about every aspect of current GNR, or prefer former members, are somehow less of a fan than anyone else.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:43:39 PM by CIAT » Logged

Broski
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2012, 05:43:30 PM »

fuck yeah! a great gigs thread ends like this. only this is nowhere near the end of it. i'm poppin my pop corn rite now!

call your friends and tell em to bring booze, we're in for a treat!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2012, 05:55:14 PM »

I just think that people should be allowed to express their opinions

But not me?

without the admin being condescending and making it seem like people who don't absolutley 100% LOVE everything about every aspect of current GNR, or prefer former members, are somehow less of a fan than anyone else.

I posted an observation. It wasn't aimed at you. But for some reason, you took it personally.

I wonder why.

I still stand by what I said.

Some of the Robin fans, and no there's nothing wrong with liking Robin, sound like any other fans who wish somebody was back in the band, and a current member was gone.

For example:

There's a difference in saying "My favorite guitar player is X" or "I prefer X in band Y" to "My favorite guitar player is X. I wish Y would quit/be fired so X could be back!" and "I prefer X, Y can't write songs and it'll all sound like Band A".

One is praising somebody. The other is stating your preference while putting somebody else down or wishing they were fired/ that they would quit.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2012, 05:56:07 PM »

He's probably more popular among GN'R fans now than when he was in the band...
People love to whine and find things to complain about until that thing goes away. Then they miss it.

Well, sometimes you need to lose someone to realise how much valuable this person was. It happens in love relationships, in family, in sports, music and all kinds of areas.

But I think you should admit that the people who love Robin (and will always prefer him over Slash and DJ or whoever can join the band in the future) are not ''whiners''. We worshipped him when he was in the band and we miss him since the day after it was official he was gone. And, differently to the majority of Slash fans (who will hate everybody filling what they consider ''slash boots''), we support the current GNR lineup, we pay tickets to attend the shows, and we support DJ.

It's not unlogical to love Robin. Axl wanted Slash out of the band. That was not Robin's case: Axl was obsessed with him in 1996, he wanted him in the band badly, and its pretty safe to say Robin would be still in the band if he wanted that. A lot of us like Robin, just like Axl.

Some of these fans are "upset" that GN'R are touring the world.

I think you're wrong here. I think Robin is 1000x better under any possible point of view than DJ, and I've seen the band with DJ 10 times in 5 different countries. If I had more money and time, trust me I'd do even more.

the fact that Robin can perform one song with them and people go from bragging about the current lineup and how great they are live to rambling on and on about how much they don't like DJ and want Robin back is exactly why I hope the old lineup doesn't play at the hall of fame because it'll be like this but about 100000 times worse.

I highly doubt (in fact, it wont happen for obvious reasons) that the AFD lineup can sound better live than the current lineup. They are one by one less skilled musicians than the ones in the real Guns N' Roses.

What happens with Robin is that the band not only SOUNDS better with him: it also FEELS better with him, and LOOKS better with him than with DJ.

Anyway, I dont want a AFD reunion either. That is exactly the last thing I want for this band. I think it could be catastrophic for its future.

if Robin stayed, he would be seen as one of the best guitar players in the world.

No doubt about that. To me, he's the only GNR member ever with the capacity of overshadowing Axl onstage. Both IN GNR and NIN, the guy is a show in his own.

Man all you Robin lovers freak me out. Where were you when he was in the band? He was always ridiculed and his playing was trashed.

I was always a Robin fan but it is interesting all of a sudden this nostalgic love just kicks in.

We were all here, why? But you need to know that, differently to slash fans, we support the band and we dont feel the need to spoil every discussion with ''how greater things were when Robin was in the band''. We moved on, that's it. Anyway, this is not the best place to express your feelings about Robin or any other past member and I ACCEPT that and also think it's a fair decision.

Robins unpredictability is part of what makes him so epic.

Lets be honest. Robin is and always will be Axl's first choice.

DJ is nothing more than the audiance participation guy as far as I can tell. Seems he only wants the GNR gig so he can sell more AshbaSWAG and promote himself. I don't like his image, his attitude and his whole get-up. His playing is good but, on a stage with Ron and 4tus it just doesn't cut it. And I really am not interested in listening to songs he wrote for GNR...we don't need a Motley Cure or Sixx AM sounding album.

I love the current lineup. Seen em' 6 times and loved every second of it. But Robin is GNR and always will be.

I think you're being EXTREMELY rude but I cant say I do not agree with you.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2012, 06:03:40 PM »

Well, sometimes you need to lose someone to realise how much valuable this person was. It happens in love relationships, in family, in sports, music and all kinds of areas.

For some reason, that's often the case with GN'R fans.

Some, not all, will always find something to complain about.

For example. "I don't like the setlist". Well, then when you have no shows you won't have that to worry about!

But then these people will want shows... Only to complain about the setlist.... Round and round...

But I think you should admit that the people who love Robin (and will always prefer him over Slash and DJ or whoever can join the band in the future) are not ''whiners''. We worshipped him when he was in the band and we miss him since the day after it was official he was gone.

It's not that simple. I've seen how disrespectful some can be...

It's too bad Robin left. I liked him in the band too. But he made a decision and I respect it.

Dj came in, and the band is kicking ass. I got no complaints.

its pretty safe to say Robin would be still in the band if he wanted that. A lot of us like Robin, just like Axl.

But he didn't want to...

Some of these fans are "upset" that GN'R are touring the world.

I think you're wrong here. I think Robin is 1000x better under any possible point of view than DJ, and I've seen the band with DJ 10 times in 5 different countries. If I had more money and time, trust me I'd do even more.

What I meant is, people think the band touring is bad because "they want an album". And when they get an album (2008), they were all wanting a tour... See above.

/jarmo

CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2012, 06:03:40 PM »

But not me?

without the admin being condescending and making it seem like people who don't absolutley 100% LOVE everything about every aspect of current GNR, or prefer former members, are somehow less of a fan than anyone else.

I posted an observation. It wasn't aimed at you. But for some reason, you took it personally.

I wonder why.

Some of the Robin fans, and no there's nothing wrong with liking Robin, sound like any other fans who wish somebody was back in the band, and a current member was gone.

For example:

There's a difference in saying "My favorite guitar player is X" or "I prefer X in band Y" to "My favorite guitar player is X. I wish Y would quit/be fired so X could be back!" and "I prefer X, Y can't write songs and it'll all sound like Band A".

One is praising somebody. The other is stating your preference while putting somebody else down or wishing they were fired/ that they would quit.

/jarmo
I don't see the issue with stating you want a member back. It's not like I'm attacking DJ personally. It's just a band. And I'd prefer Robin back in it over DJ.

I'm not putting him down. I just personally would rather have Robin in the band instead of him. :shrugs: I still love and support the band. I'm just not a big fan of DJ.

Broski
Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »

i enjoy both DJ and Robin! cool that Robin played better with the band as a nice treat. but i think he prefers doing his own thing....seems a bit like Izzy in that way to me.

some of this is starting to remind me of that one show in i think 06 where Ron was in a bad mood over his grandfather being ill which for some strange reason turned into a huge "OMG RON IS FIRED AND BUCKET IS GONNA BE BROUGHT BACK!!!!" discussion....
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2012, 06:25:10 PM »

But not me?

I wonder why.

For example:

/jarmo
I don't see the issue with stating you want a member back. It's not like I'm attacking DJ personally. It's just a band. And I'd prefer Robin back in it over DJ.

I'm not putting him down. I just personally would rather have Robin in the band instead of him. :shrugs: I still love and support the band. I'm just not a big fan of DJ.
I'd say claiming that the only reason he's in the band is to promote his clothing line and himself comes off like you're putting him down.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »

I don't see what the big deal is here...

Robin AND Ashba are both members of GN'R presently (according to Axl). Robin has done his live duties, and more than enough of his album contributions and has now decided to not tour with the band. DJ is currently playing live with GN'R, and no doubt he'll be contributing to future albums as well.

Some people including myself, prefer Robin as a performer and as an individual over DJ. Does that mean we hate current GN'R, and put the band down at every given opportunity, no it doesn't. The reason why these discussions have started is because Robin made a special appearence with GN'R, and it's only natural for this type of talk to start.  Shocked

I'd like to state again, that all of these fans who are sticking up for Robin, and are stating they would rather him be in Guns rather than DJ, are not haters. I don't see any other "Robin" fans, put the current band down on a daily basis, we SUPPORT the current line-up.

Same thing with Brain and Frank........people who love both drummers, but would prefer Brain in the band because of his history with GN'R. And all of his work on CD, and his 01/02 amazing shows with GN'R. Are those people also against current GN'R, because they have an opinion that Brain was a better drummer all round............of course not.  Tongue

I'm not at all pressing this for attention..... But people supporting Robin, and who favour him in GN'R over DJ, CANNOT be put in the same category as reunionists. We support the current band, but that doesn't mean that it's "hating" on the current band when you state that you simpy prefered a guitarist who spent 11 years with GN'R, and who went through the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly in those Chinese Democracy sessions........and someone who did all he could for GN'R.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:50:19 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: