Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:06:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dj Ashba on FOX 5 News (Las Vegas) tonight at 6pm (Apr 24)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dj Ashba on FOX 5 News (Las Vegas) tonight at 6pm (Apr 24)  (Read 18317 times)
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2012, 06:10:40 PM »

You are adding words like 'hostile'

Yeah....I am. Because that's the reality. A couple of examples -

Can you play better? If not then shut up

You don't like it. So fucking what?

You do come across as a pompous a-hole

Just a few of many...I'm just saying, people here seem so highstrung. Like they can't handle if people don't agree with them.

Instead of just saying, yes, I get what you are saying

I don't get what you're saying....at all.

You are actually the person keeping the argument going.  hihi

Read my last several posts. I have tried to end the argument many times and get back on topic.

Broski
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2012, 06:13:16 PM »

Someone else said "dj is great". Now I wonder - why didn't you make them give an explanation to their equally short statement that they failed to "stand behind"?

Ever heard of constructive criticism?

That's why!

/jarmo

Why do I need to be constructive?

Because this is a forum and the concept of forums has been around since Roman Times.

You are very, 'We want Barabbas', no explanation. Historically, then kind of mentality has never gone down very well, ever.

CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2012, 06:19:04 PM »

You don't get it?

When you can be constructive, then it's suddenly a whole lot more interesting than just having a bunch of people complaining.

When you can leave constructive criticism, it means you have thought about it a bit more than just saying "that was bad".

There's no double standard.

Usually people are happy to hear something is good, great or that you like it when asked for an opinion.

It's when you tell the opposite that most are interested in why...

Hence, asking you to explain yourself.

I don't expect you to understand this either since you've been to many forums and so on.

/jarmo

Most forums don't flip out when they don't agree with someone or badger them to post youtube video's proving their guitar skill. If you wanted me to explain why I felt it was bad (which I ended up doing anyways) there could have been way better ways of going about it. Instead Robin Finck get's brought up for some reason that is still unknown to me, and people start arguing about things that don't seem to have anything to do with the discussion. I don't get why people need to talk about my guitar skills to defend DJ, or even more random - Robin Finck's...If people need to put Robin down to defend Dj...I don't know, it just seems silly to me. I guess people saw Robin in my avatar and thought it would be clever...yet no one here has actually been able to say anything about Dj himeslf....Kind of just backs up everything I've been saying. So in the end, I think my point has been made and then some. But, as with anything else...different strokes/different folks. If you like Dj's performance, great! All the more to you! I just think people go about making points in a weird way around here...A way I don't see on other forums that are more tolerant and laid back to differing opinions.

Broski
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2012, 06:25:35 PM »

You don't get it?

When you can be constructive, then it's suddenly a whole lot more interesting than just having a bunch of people complaining.

When you can leave constructive criticism, it means you have thought about it a bit more than just saying "that was bad".

There's no double standard.

Usually people are happy to hear something is good, great or that you like it when asked for an opinion.

It's when you tell the opposite that most are interested in why...

Hence, asking you to explain yourself.

I don't expect you to understand this either since you've been to many forums and so on.

/jarmo

I just think people go about making points in a weird way around here...

You pretended to be a guitarist that was better than DJ who decided his performance was bad without any explanation. So in effect, yes you are right with your above post.

You are now in a dilemma.  hihi How do you respond to yourself on the matter
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2012, 06:35:30 PM »

You pretended to be a guitarist that was better than DJ who decided his performance was bad without any explanation. So in effect, yes you are right with your above post.

I don't know if this is serious or not but incase it's not, you realise I was being sarcastic....I just knew it wouldn't be dropped untill I gave you the answer you wanted. I am actually a guitar player.

....oh shit here we go again.  Lips Sealed

Broski
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »

I don't know if this is serious or not but incase it's not, you realise I was being sarcastic....I just knew it wouldn't be dropped untill I gave you the answer you wanted. I am actually a guitar player.

....oh shit here we go again.  Lips Sealed

Naah, it's cool  Cool

Complete the sentence, then nothing else will be said.

As a guitarist, you thought DJ's performance was bad because.....
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2012, 07:17:26 PM »

As a guitarist, you thought DJ's performance was bad because.....

Dude this is not about "thinkin". A performance in which the guitarist plays wrong notes, sloppy, on a guitar clearly out of tune how can be defined?  "great"? holy jeez.  crying

When axl sings great you have to explain why is great? really? omfg ...  confused

PS: CIAT don't wast your time, is like fightin' windmills  ok
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:19:05 PM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2012, 07:30:17 PM »

Most forums don't flip out when they don't agree with someone or badger them to post youtube video's proving their guitar skill.

This isn't "most forums".

Doesn't matter one bit what most forums do or don't do. Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2012, 07:52:35 PM »

Dude this is not about "thinkin". A performance in which the guitarist plays wrong notes, sloppy, on a guitar clearly out of tune how can be defined?  "great"? holy jeez.  crying

I think that you'll find that he was playing all the right notes. But, not necessarily in the right order.*  Grin

Seriously though, I love Dj's playing because it feels like it comes from the heart and I can get totally absorbed in the emotional drama of it. Some musicians seem to lose themselves in their music but are unable to connect with their audience; Dj is from that rare breed of guitarists who draw me into their world as they are playing.  This duality is a vital part of what makes him such a superb addition to the GN'R family and I'm very excited to hear what he brings to the next album.

*(with thanks to the late, great Eric Morcambe)

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2012, 10:02:57 PM »

I think that you'll find that he was playing all the right notes. But, not necessarily in the right order.*  Grin

Seriously though, I love Dj's playing because it feels like it comes from the heart and I can get totally absorbed in the emotional drama of it. Some musicians seem to lose themselves in their music but are unable to connect with their audience; Dj is from that rare breed of guitarists who draw me into their world as they are playing.  This duality is a vital part of what makes him such a superb addition to the GN'R family and I'm very excited to hear what he brings to the next album.

I can't agree more! Ballad of death and mi amor are amazing! And the tiny little changes that he's made to the solos in this I love and sorry are perfect. He's taken 2 great solos and has turned them into 2 solos where you just get lost emotionally in those solos. He has that extremely rare ability to connect with the audience with every note he plays.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2012, 10:38:03 PM »

This thread really has just become the CIAT show, lol hip hip horray, any wonder why you are banned from other forums, or rather not post, i dunno, but this thread is so lame now.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2012, 12:09:26 AM »

This thread really has just become the CIAT show, lol hip hip horray, any wonder why you are banned from other forums, or rather not post, i dunno, but this thread is so lame now.

Yes it has, much to my dissapointment.

As for why I'm banned from other forums, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but the reason's why I am banned from other forums have absolutely ZERO to do with anything being discussed in this thread, or even GNR in general...so I'm not certain what you mean or what it has to do with anything. I was banned from MyGNR because of an argument with highvoltage, and have been subsequently banned for other reasons none of which are GNR related and all stem from issues with the horrible staff team. I am banned from GNFNR because I asked to be. Long story. What does any of that have to do with anything in this thread that makes you believe it's "any wonder" I'm banned from other forums?

People like you are making this the "CIAT show". Yes, this thread is lame now. So I will again insist that we get back on topic.

Broski
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2012, 02:29:59 AM »

I can't agree more! Ballad of death and mi amor are amazing! And the tiny little changes that he's made to the solos in this I love and sorry are perfect. He's taken 2 great solos and has turned them into 2 solos where you just get lost emotionally in those solos. He has that extremely rare ability to connect with the audience with every note he plays.

Mi Amor is simply beautiful - I love it. As for TIL, I agree, the way Dj plays it seems to compliment the ebb and flow of the song more naturally than on the album. (To clarify, I'm not saying one version is better than the other, simply that to my ears, Dj's playing is more in harmony with Axl's vocal style.)

And just to reiterate my thoughts from a different thread, I applaud Dj for his honesty and courage in exposing his own demons to public scrutiny in support of this anti-bullying campaign. You can see from the video that it's something that has affected him deeply theoughout his life but which he's willing to risk sharing publicly in order to provide hope to anyone going through a similar situation. I remember so clearly the interview Axl gave to RS when he opened up about the abuse he suffered in childhood and how this inspired me to tackle certain issues in my own life. I've no doubt that Dj's involvement in this campaign will prove a similar lifeline to someone as well and hopefully too, in the process, it will assist him in finding a little more peace in his own life.

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2012, 02:34:39 AM »

As for why I'm banned from other forums, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but the reason's why I am banned from other forums have absolutely ZERO to do with anything being discussed in this thread, or even GNR in general...so I'm not certain what you mean or what it has to do with anything. I was banned from MyGNR because of an argument with highvoltage, and have been subsequently banned for other reasons none of which are GNR related and all stem from issues with the horrible staff team. I am banned from GNFNR because I asked to be. Long story. What does any of that have to do with anything in this thread that makes you believe it's "any wonder" I'm banned from other forums?

People like you are making this the "CIAT show". Yes, this thread is lame now. So I will again insist that we get back on topic.
 It seems to me you are like the antisocial neighbour who keeps being evicted, guess what, in doing the same thing time and time again, don't be surprised if you yield the same results.

Repeat after me 20 times "for things to change, I need to change....."  Wink

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2012, 03:54:51 AM »

It seems to me you are like the antisocial neighbour who keeps being evicted, guess what, in doing the same thing time and time again, don't be surprised if you yield the same results.

Repeat after me 20 times "for things to change, I need to change....."  Wink

You literally have zero clue what you're talking about. If you want the full versions of the story (if you honestly care, which I can't imagine how anyone would) you're more than welcome to PM me and I'll give you the details. Untill then, don't judge situations you know nothing about. And even based on the small amount of basic information you know, I explained that I left one of those forums on my own. I asked for a ban. That doesn't exactly coincide with your "evict" theory, now does it? Your assumptions are misguided and I'm not going into more irrelevant discussion here. This has nothing to do with the thread at all, or even GNR...this is the GNR section isn't it? Not the CIAT section....maybe we should rename it.

Broski
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2012, 04:31:44 AM »

Mi Amor is simply beautiful - I love it. As for TIL, I agree, the way Dj plays it seems to compliment the ebb and flow of the song more naturally than on the album. (To clarify, I'm not saying one version is better than the other, simply that to my ears, Dj's playing is more in harmony with Axl's vocal style.)

And just to reiterate my thoughts from a different thread, I applaud Dj for his honesty and courage in exposing his own demons to public scrutiny in support of this anti-bullying campaign. You can see from the video that it's something that has affected him deeply theoughout his life but which he's willing to risk sharing publicly in order to provide hope to anyone going through a similar situation. I remember so clearly the interview Axl gave to RS when he opened up about the abuse he suffered in childhood and how this inspired me to tackle certain issues in my own life. I've no doubt that Dj's involvement in this campaign will prove a similar lifeline to someone as well and hopefully too, in the process, it will assist him in finding a little more peace in his own life.

You see, you all go on adding things that really don't matter... Who care if they are good songs, if he fits well axl's vocals...and the bully thing, wtf?Huh??... You're  turning a half line quote in a monster thread.  no

We are talking about the performance, not about the song itself. Nobody is saying ashba sucks or plays horrible songs or wathever. I mean, mr Pavarotti was the greatest, but sometimes he was booed by the audience. And you know why? Because of a single wrong note. And It's really hard to consider that failing a single note could be called "bad performance". But some people does. And ashba plays really bad in this one, and i don't understand why shouldn't be consider a bad performance.It's called music, not "sounds here and there". Making mistakes is an understandable thing, but you can't prevent somebody from saying "bad performance"  confused

I think that you'll find that he was playing all the right notes. But, not necessarily in the right order.*

nice one  hihi

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:47:00 AM by ITARocker » Logged
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2012, 05:31:59 AM »

You see, you all go on adding things that really don't matter... Who care if they are good songs, if he fits well axl's vocals...and the bully thing, wtf?Huh??... You're  turning a half line quote in a monster thread.  no

Does it matter if they're good songs?! Of course it does! What a ridiculous thing to say. Why would I want to listen to something that was crap. Perhaps you do but then your indiscriminate listening choices are your problem, not mine.

As for my comment in support of Dj's involvement in this anti-bullying campaign, well yes, this is actually what this thread is about. Try watching the video and you might learn something.

We are talking about the performance, not about the song itself. Nobody is saying ashba sucks or plays horrible songs or wathever. I mean, mr Pavarotti was the greatest, but sometimes he was booed by the audience. And you know why? Because of a single wrong note. And It's really hard to consider that failing a single note could be called "bad performance". But some people does. And ashba plays really bad in this one, and i don't understand why shouldn't be consider a bad performance.It's called music, not "sounds here and there". Making mistakes is an understandable thing, but you can't prevent somebody from saying "bad performance"  confused

If some ill-mannered ignoramus considers a performance that is not technically flawless to be "bad", then I would respectfully suggest that Guns N' Roses is not the band for them. In fact, I would go a step further and suggest that they attend one of the many pop concerts where lip-synching to a pre-recorded, auto tuned backing track would be more their cup of tea.

I think that you'll find that he was playing all the right notes. But, not necessarily in the right order.*

nice one  hihi
[/quote]

Why do I get the sinking feeling that the irony of my quote went right over your head?   Roll Eyes

samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2012, 07:12:26 AM »

still arguing over this ? forgot about this ages ago lol
guys please. this guy sounds like he has an answer for everything so you may as well give up Smiley

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2012, 07:24:50 AM »

^^ I was just thinking, "CIAT - give it up."
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2012, 08:35:24 AM »

Does it matter if they're good songs?! Of course it does! What a ridiculous thing to say. Why would I want to listen to something that was crap. Perhaps you do but then your indiscriminate listening choices are your problem, not mine.

As for my comment in support of Dj's involvement in this anti-bullying campaign, well yes, this is actually what this thread is about. Try watching the video and you might learn something.

If some ill-mannered ignoramus considers a performance that is not technically flawless to be "bad", then I would respectfully suggest that Guns N' Roses is not the band for them. In fact, I would go a step further and suggest that they attend one of the many pop concerts where lip-synching to a pre-recorded, auto tuned backing track would be more their cup of tea.

nice one  hihi

Why do I get the sinking feeling that the irony of my quote went right over your head?   Roll Eyes

[/quote]

Oh really was it irony? OMG!!!!!  Roll Eyes

Dude, rock n roll it's not about perfection, you're right, but what does that mean? Again, why do you talk about lyp synching, pop music just to justify a bad performance?

Take it for what it is. Next time he will play better, what's the big drama? I don't know if ciat was trolling or whatever, but his sentence was right.

This is like when you watch old gnr video and you say "Slash fucked up the solo" (and you know, is non that rare). And people start sayin' "Fuck you, try to play when you're drunk" or " notice he dropped the cigarette on his hand"; "slash rules, go and listen to steve vai".

Wtf! A mistake is a mistake, a bad performance is just a bad performance, love it or hate it that's it. If you like eatin sh*t, it doesn't mean that everybody is goin' to say it's chocolate...

Another example: When I said gnr sucked hard at mtv in 2002 people start bashing me and when 4 years after even axl said it was a "catastrophe" the same people start talking about axl's candour & sincerity.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: