Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 05:00:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1582679 times)
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4060 on: January 20, 2015, 05:14:31 AM »

Take your old band shrine to the Dead Horse section please.

Sorry, couldn't help myself hahah Smiley
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4061 on: January 20, 2015, 10:41:24 AM »

I know this is been talked about at excess.. but can somebody remind me what was Axl so upset about with the booklet on CD, I have it in front of me at the moment, and can't seem to remember. Was it the front cover, or some of the images inside that he didn't like?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4062 on: January 20, 2015, 10:47:56 AM »

I know this is been talked about at excess.. but can somebody remind me what was Axl so upset about with the booklet on CD, I have it in front of me at the moment, and can't seem to remember. Was it the front cover, or some of the images inside that he didn't like?

I think it was both.  There are alternate cover images and booklets that I think he wanted to be released (not sure if they were ready at the time CD was released).  I think he was pissed that the record company rushed the printing of CD, and he wanted more time to do a proper release with the alternate booklets.  Here are a couple links to the alternate covers and booklets that I found.

http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemRedHand.html

http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemGrenade.html
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4063 on: January 20, 2015, 11:10:04 AM »

those are so much better than what we got....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4064 on: January 20, 2015, 11:13:59 AM »

I think it was both.  There are alternate cover images and booklets that I think he wanted to be released (not sure if they were ready at the time CD was released).  I think he was pissed that the record company rushed the printing of CD, and he wanted more time to do a proper release with the alternate booklets.  Here are a couple links to the alternate covers and booklets that I found.

http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemRedHand.html

http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemGrenade.html

You know at the end of the day... I don't care ha...but those definitely are much cooler looking.

Thanks

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4065 on: January 20, 2015, 11:30:20 AM »

those are so much better than what we got....

Always really liked the red hand one.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #4066 on: January 20, 2015, 11:32:02 AM »

Yeah, they are awesome. It was originally advertised that there would be numerous covers. Would not of done sales any harm. I wonder why it never happened. I'd have bought the lot. I so hope we get a new release this year and perhaps a relaunch of CD with the remix album as a second CD using up this cover art.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4067 on: January 20, 2015, 12:22:30 PM »

All of it.

And a bunch of errata/typos/typeset issues that just really brought the full package down, and made it look less than professional.

The "story" I've heard is...the proper/final booklets were delivered, on time...and some sort of snafu led to the placeholder/in process version of the  booklets getting printed and distributed.

I'm not sure if that's true or not (my memory is failing..did Axl allude to as much in an interview/chat?)...but it's the story I've heard. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4068 on: January 20, 2015, 12:40:52 PM »

As an old school Guns fan there are only 3 things I really wish I could get my hands on....maybe at some point in the future...
1. AFD remastered and re-released with the original cover art/painting. The original cover art is completely perfect for the album.
2. Dvd documentary of the UYI tour.
3. Chinese re-released with the proper artwork...red hand version.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4069 on: January 20, 2015, 12:43:36 PM »

As an old school Guns fan there are only 3 things I really wish I could get my hands on....maybe at some point in the future...
1. AFD remastered and re-released with the original cover art/painting. The original cover art is completely perfect for the album.

Number 2 would be so epic.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4070 on: January 20, 2015, 01:20:22 PM »

Big time.  My favorite GNR tour.  One of my favorites from any artist, actually.

I always wondered how far they got with that whole 'Perfect Crime' thing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #4071 on: January 20, 2015, 01:44:59 PM »

Big time.  My favorite GNR tour.  One of my favorites from any artist, actually.

I always wondered how far they got with that whole 'Perfect Crime' thing.

Yeah, over 2 years worth of footage...that would be amazing to watch.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4072 on: January 20, 2015, 01:53:29 PM »

But I wonder what it is.

There would obviously be some concert footage.

But what about backstage stuff?  Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall backstage at the St. Louis or Montreal show?  Or any other show there was some sort of issue?

In fact, wasn't this how they prosecuted St. Louis?  Got the footage from the band, right?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4073 on: January 20, 2015, 01:57:03 PM »

Why only shows with issues?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #4074 on: January 20, 2015, 01:57:59 PM »

But I wonder what it is.

There would obviously be some concert footage.

But what about backstage stuff?  Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall backstage at the St. Louis or Montreal show?  Or any other show there was some sort of issue?

In fact, wasn't this how they prosecuted St. Louis?  Got the footage from the band, right?

Oh yeah, the concert footage alone would be great, but the day-to-day shenanigans, behind-the-scenes stuff, traveling, backstage, interviews, and general debauchery is the gold in them there hills.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4075 on: January 20, 2015, 02:07:28 PM »

Why only shows with issues?

More interesting.

Also wouldn't mind fact checking some of Metallica's claims about his behavior backstage in Montreal.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4076 on: January 20, 2015, 02:21:53 PM »

Not sure if it's more interesting. Different.....

Does anybody remember when Radiohead released an album and told fans they could pay what they wanted for it? Let's say GN'R offered an album using that model, how much would you pay for high quality mp3s?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4077 on: January 20, 2015, 03:15:38 PM »

Not sure if it's more interesting. Different.....

Does anybody remember when Radiohead released an album and told fans they could pay what they wanted for it? Let's say GN'R offered an album using that model, how much would you pay for high quality mp3s?

/jarmo

Don't remember exactly, but wasn't that an independent release when Radiohead did that?  If Guns were do that through their label, I wouldn't be so inclined to pay a premium that would almost all go the label (but definitely would pay extra if that weren't the case).
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4078 on: January 20, 2015, 03:19:39 PM »

Yeah... I don't see why not ... get the best sounding one available

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4079 on: January 20, 2015, 03:20:46 PM »

Radiohead wasn't tied to a label at the time. In Rainbows was the album.

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: