Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:25:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1579341 times)
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7480 on: February 24, 2020, 07:24:10 PM »

I think if GNR releases an album it will be leftovers from Chinese sessions ok

Rizzo160
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7481 on: February 25, 2020, 08:24:55 PM »

I think a mix of leftovers from CD and leftovers riffs from Slash.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7482 on: February 25, 2020, 09:11:03 PM »

Why would Slash use leftovers? He is a riff machine. He finished the latest SMKC album after reuniting, so if he were going to do it, he would have saved that material.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7483 on: February 26, 2020, 01:55:25 AM »

Why would Slash use leftovers? He is a riff machine. He finished the latest SMKC album after reuniting, so if he were going to do it, he would have saved that material.

He wouldnt have used leftover from SMKC, i guess he would write riffs and songs for GNR

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7484 on: February 26, 2020, 05:16:43 AM »

Why would Slash use leftovers? He is a riff machine.

Not saying there are any "leftovers". But you answered your own question.

I wouldn't be shocked if he writes more riffs than he records / releases on his albums.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7485 on: February 26, 2020, 11:00:14 AM »

I wouldn't be shocked if he writes more riffs than he records / releases on his albums.

/jarmo

Yeah, he probably has riffs on his computer that didnt quite fit any other projects and he thought they sounded good for GNR, even if GNR was out of the picture there must be  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7486 on: February 26, 2020, 02:12:36 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah, he probably has riffs on his computer that didnt quite fit any other projects and he thought they sounded good for GNR, even if GNR was out of the picture there must be  hihi

Hasn't he said as much?
I think I recall him saying he comes up with things all of the time and sometimes files certain riffs and things as "Gnr material"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #7487 on: February 26, 2020, 07:38:29 PM »

I happened to be going through Apple Music & saw that Pearl Jam had two tracks, that you could listen to.. before their new album drops.  Correct me if I知 wrong... is that the new standard now in the music industry?  Announce a new album, then release two singles, right before the tour starts?  I could see GnR doing something similar closer to the stadium tour this summer.  Even though GnR is a different type of band, with how they announce and promote their material.  I remember reading a Interview with Slash.  He was saying after the Vegas show back in Nov, they were going to start getting ready for new music.  Everything he has said seems to be what is going on.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7488 on: February 27, 2020, 02:21:50 AM »

/jarmo

... what? That's circular logic. He didn't use the other riffs because they weren't good enough. The fact that he writes so much means he has no problem writing new material, as he has always done.

Hasn't he said as much?
I think I recall him saying he comes up with things all of the time and sometimes files certain riffs and things as "Gnr material"

This is what he's said AFTER the reunion. Here's the quote:

"When Guns started doing its thing, then the kind of writing that I was doing was actually more tailored towards Guns, because that was the environment I was in. But then we took the break and I started thinking about doing the Conspirators record ... But I feel like while I知 out with Guns I知 thinking about Guns stuff. When I知 out with Conspirators I知 thinking of Conspirators."

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7489 on: February 27, 2020, 05:06:29 AM »

I happened to be going through Apple Music & saw that Pearl Jam had two tracks, that you could listen to.. before their new album drops.  Correct me if I知 wrong... is that the new standard now in the music industry?  Announce a new album, then release two singles, right before the tour starts? 

Yeah, it happens quite a lot that artists release multiple tracks before an album.

I guess it's a way to keep interest up before the album comes out....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7490 on: February 27, 2020, 05:06:39 AM »

/jarmo

... what? That's circular logic. He didn't use the other riffs because they weren't good enough. The fact that he writes so much means he has no problem writing new material, as he has always done.

Hasn't he said as much?

This is what he's said AFTER the reunion. Here's the quote:

"When Guns started doing its thing, then the kind of writing that I was doing was actually more tailored towards Guns, because that was the environment I was in. But then we took the break and I started thinking about doing the Conspirators record ... But I feel like while I知 out with Guns I知 thinking about Guns stuff. When I知 out with Conspirators I知 thinking of Conspirators."

Thanks - could'nt remember exact words
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7491 on: February 27, 2020, 05:34:48 AM »

I happened to be going through Apple Music & saw that Pearl Jam had two tracks, that you could listen to.. before their new album drops.  Correct me if I知 wrong... is that the new standard now in the music industry?  Announce a new album, then release two singles, right before the tour starts?  I could see GnR doing something similar closer to the stadium tour this summer.  Even though GnR is a different type of band, with how they announce and promote their material.  I remember reading a Interview with Slash.  He was saying after the Vegas show back in Nov, they were going to start getting ready for new music.  Everything he has said seems to be what is going on.

Pretty much. It's just the newer version of 'releasing a couple of singles before the album comes out'. Makes total sense to do it before a tour, then have the album follow.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7492 on: February 27, 2020, 06:09:33 AM »

I happened to be going through Apple Music & saw that Pearl Jam had two tracks, that you could listen to.. before their new album drops.  Correct me if I知 wrong... is that the new standard now in the music industry?  Announce a new album, then release two singles, right before the tour starts? 

Yeah, it happens quite a lot that artists release multiple tracks before an album.

I guess it's a way to keep interest up before the album comes out....

/jarmo

Nothing different than the old days.
Bands used to get a single out on the radio (Heaven forbid)
Then bands used to focus on MTV and getting the video out
Now youtube is a big part of it.
It makes total sense and when the band puts out a new album (Imagine that) and tours in support of that album (What? Huh) people are not only familiar with some of the new material, they actually want to hear it tested out live and become part of the band's arsenal for life

Not that crazy when crazy is removed from the  equation

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7493 on: February 27, 2020, 06:35:01 AM »

Really?  Shocked

I actually remember when You Could Be Mine was released in the summer of 1991. Then the albums came out in September.

Not sure that would be the way they'd do it today. People's attention spans seem shorter.  hihi

A more recent example is Chinese Democracy. First we had Shackler's Revenge in Rock Band 2, then Body Of Lies featured If The World, then Chinese Democracy was released as a single and Better was sent to radio.

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7494 on: February 27, 2020, 06:38:15 AM »

Really?  Shocked

I actually remember when You Could Be Mine was released in the summer of 1991. Then the albums came out in September.

Not sure that would be the way they'd do it today. People's attention spans seem shorter.  hihi

A more recent example is Chinese Democracy. First we had Shackler's Revenge in Rock Band 2, then Body Of Lies featured If The World, then Chinese Democracy was released as a single and Better was sent to radio.

/jarmo

Was referring to how other bands (Not Gnr) do things - and they do mostly do things the same way these days

And based on the reality that there is a small population of people in the world outside of the Gnr fan circle who actually would recognize If the world or Shacklers if heard, I don't think that is the best example to use in making the argument.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7495 on: February 27, 2020, 06:54:27 AM »

Really?  Shocked

/jarmo

People move on SO fast now - attention span is definitely shorter, and the concept of 'fans' is very different. You see so many bands/musicians rocket into arenas quickly, then tank on their second album because people move on so fast. The whole process is speeded-up, but that's probably true about a lot of things now.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7496 on: February 27, 2020, 07:31:37 AM »

And based on the reality that there is a small population of people in the world outside of the Gnr fan circle who actually would recognize If the world or Shacklers if heard, I don't think that is the best example to use in making the argument.

I gave an example of how they timed song releases in different places before an album was released.

Nothing to do with how many people know the songs.

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7497 on: February 27, 2020, 07:42:08 AM »

No..I know man...my point was you are limiting your suggestion to GNR world which is a bizarre place to compare to normal functioning bands.
The point of how to release a song or two before and similarities to the past was in relation to how normal things transpire out there
We are screwed in that regard. So unless another video game or movie comes out that puts the song at the end but with very little promotion to that effect (Was a good movie and the song was brillilantly place imo) just ain't much to really expect until it happens

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7498 on: February 27, 2020, 07:58:14 AM »

No I'm not. GN'R isn't the only band I listen to. I'm aware how other bands release singles and albums. Don't worry.

But since we are talking about GN'R, I posted examples of how GN'R has done in the past.

Every time there's a new Terminator movie, some keep bringing up how that would be a great way to introduce a new GN'R track to the world. And yet there are so many ways you can do that.....

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7499 on: February 27, 2020, 09:45:52 AM »

No I'm not. GN'R isn't the only band I listen to. I'm aware how other bands release singles and albums. Don't worry.

But since we are talking about GN'R, I posted examples of how GN'R has done in the past.

Every time there's a new Terminator movie, some keep bringing up how that would be a great way to introduce a new GN'R track to the world. And yet there are so many ways you can do that.....

/jarmo

/jarmo

Yeah - I can't imagine why I assumed you were talking about Gnr
 no
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: