Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:08:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  After the O2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: After the O2  (Read 2402 times)
chilly
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: May 29, 2012, 03:37:24 AM »

Hi everyone,

Went to Birmingham on Saturday, my 12th time seeing them. Well, it would have been if my girlfriend didn't get sunstroke. She became ill during thin lizzy and I walked her back to our hotel room at the plaza. What I didn't know was that I wouldn't be allowed back in the arena.....so I missed the show.

Just booked tickets for fri and have booked at the radison blu in the docklands, last time we were at the O2 in 2010 we got left stranded (but we got to see duff) what are the travel plans this year and which station should I be heading for? Just looked at the clipper as an option but can't find a pier near us even though the hotel is directly opposite the O2 on the map.

Thanks, feel free to move this post to its original thread but i could find the info I need.

Chilly

"this is so real, like the time dave floated away..."
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 09:12:55 AM »

I ran to get on the clipper after the O2 2010 show, with the hope of it beating the train back to waterloo and be able to catch the last train. It stood stationary for ages and eventually got to waterloo when the station was closed. Avoid. Getting it TO the venue is great though, lots of GNR fans having a booze up on the way.
Lancia34
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:46:26 AM »

I ran to get on the clipper after the O2 2010 show, with the hope of it beating the train back to waterloo and be able to catch the last train. It stood stationary for ages and eventually got to waterloo when the station was closed. Avoid. Getting it TO the venue is great though, lots of GNR fans having a booze up on the way.

Same here in 2010. I pre-booked the clipper back from the show so got on that quickly but as you say Waterloo was closed and ended up getting a ?120 taxi home! This is why I've booked the Holiday Inn in Greenwich  ok

Chilly - is your hotel walkable from the O2? Thought looking at the map there's no bridges nearby! If the tubes are running then I guess try and get the tube from Greenwich. Otherwise maybe just book a taxi. The clipper is great but it will only stop at London Bridge and then Waterloo which is no help for Docklands.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »

I booked the Travelodge nearest to the venue, and realised later that it's actually on the other side of the river with no bridges/tunnels/clipper stops nearby, so I'll have to get a taxi or walk about 3 miles (when it's only about half a mile from the venue). rofl Should be interesting...
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »

I booked the Travelodge nearest to the venue, and realised later that it's actually on the other side of the river with no bridges/tunnels/clipper stops nearby, so I'll have to get a taxi or walk about 3 miles (when it's only about half a mile from the venue). rofl Should be interesting...

theres a bus stoip 108 which is 24hrs that goes from north greenwhich up to stratford.
I shall be getting the same bus as i have  a hotel on the docklands ( the ibis next to the excel center) unless we finish before 12! as the last train up to canning town is 1:00am

Look on www.tfl.gov.uk and print off a load of timetables to be sure you are getting on the right bus.
There is a map as well .

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
chilly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 01:22:57 PM »

Cheers guys, had a much closer look and a taxi is the way forward.

Stroll on Friday!!

"this is so real, like the time dave floated away..."
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 03:43:51 PM »

theres a bus stoip 108 which is 24hrs that goes from north greenwhich up to stratford.
I shall be getting the same bus as i have  a hotel on the docklands ( the ibis next to the excel center) unless we finish before 12! as the last train up to canning town is 1:00am

Look on www.tfl.gov.uk and print off a load of timetables to be sure you are getting on the right bus.
There is a map as well .

Thanks. Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: