Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:22:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Paris!!!... Tonight... 05.June.2012
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Paris!!!... Tonight... 05.June.2012  (Read 26262 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »

Yes an article said she is a model who took the jewelry but she didn't know how or why she did it... Being drunk is certainly no excuse, if you can't handle alcohol, then just don't drink.

I'm glad Axl got his stuff back.

samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2012, 11:34:28 AM »

link?

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2012, 11:36:53 AM »

Well not that the missing items have been found, I feel I can comment on what I thought were pretty damn funny parts of the original translated article:

Axl Rose, lead singer of famous American rock band Guns N'Roses, last night was the victim of a theft of jewelry boxes in the Bercy Sports Centre (IBDP), in Paris, it was learned Wednesday. It was unclear precisely the circumstances of the theft was apparently perpetrated during a private concert given by the star after his concert at the IBDP in the presence of a hundred people preferred. This flight has angered the singer, said the source, requiring police intervention in her box. These three necklaces in gold and diamonds. The damage is estimated, according to the source, at $ 200,000 but "remains to be seen" and an investigation was initiated on the alleged theft.  talented composer and concert beast, the American singer Axl Rose is the only original member of Guns N 'Roses, one of the most notable of rock history.

Hilarious!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2012, 11:38:27 AM »

Its in the previous page but in French. Many other French media talked about it. The police have the jewels and should give them back to Axl soon.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2012, 12:13:43 PM »

There was no private show. I think people got confused because there might have been a private gathering after the show, during which the jewelry were stolen.

Thank God they found the jewelry.

Such a lame ass thing to do. You're invited as somebody's guest to their second home (dressing rooms, hotel room and/or tour bus etc.) and this is what you do? It's no different than visiting somebody's house and stealing from there. Just because it's an arena doesn't make it less of a violation!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2012, 12:39:25 PM »

Such a lame ass thing to do. You're invited as somebody's guest to their second home (dressing rooms, hotel room and/or tour bus etc.) and this is what you do? It's no different than visiting somebody's house and stealing from there. Just because it's an arena doesn't make it less of a violation!

Yes it was so stupid... I'm glad that lady had the courage at least to go to the police and give it back.

Cool to see you Jarmo last night, hope to see you a bit longer next time! Smiley

Thanks for the pics.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2012, 12:40:27 PM »

Thank God they found the jewelry.

/jarmo

Agreed 100%. It's a privilege to be able to be invited such places and one person goes off and takes Axl's stuff... really? As if they didn't think they would get caught.

Bet they were hearing Out Ta Get Me the whole time they were stealing it! ok
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2012, 01:56:04 PM »

Yes it was so stupid... I'm glad that lady had the courage at least to go to the police and give it back.

Cool to see you Jarmo last night, hope to see you a bit longer next time! Smiley

Thanks for the pics.

Idem, thanks by aclaration & pic`s

peace

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2012, 03:04:37 PM »

Seriously how dumb do you have to be to do something like that? Chances are this is going to happen to her ONCE IN A LIFETIME and she screws it up and causes unneccesary problems to the band.

Good thing all ended well, hope it doesn't effect the next show or the remainder of the tour.

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2012, 04:19:42 PM »

Just curious, but a question to the fans who went to the show: what did you think about the opening act? I think they were pretty cool, better than the usual opening acts in my opinion.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »

Yes an article said she is a model who took the jewelry but she didn't know how or why she did it... Being drunk is certainly no excuse, if you can't handle alcohol, then just don't drink.

I'm glad Axl got his stuff back.

I hope to God that this is not one of the younger models that have been invited to recent GN'R concerts.

If so, then it is disgusting, to be honest.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »

It does seem to me fairly obvious- you invite people to wander around backstage who aren't actually fans and are total strangers- isn't that a pretty daft idea? I wouldn't throw a house party and invite complete strangers in from the street to wander around and have a look around my house! It's asking for trouble really.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »

I hate to say it but this reminds me of something that would happen to a rapper.

Exactly.

Happy the jewelry was found and returned. I absolutely despise thieves. $200,000 worth of jewelry though? That rich 1% strike again.  hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2012, 06:10:22 PM »

Doesn't matter if it's worth $2 or $200,000 ... horrible horrible feeling having your stuff stolen, especially something as personal as your jewelry.  no

I'm glad he got his stuff back.

unlike allwaystired, I hope this doesn't sour them on having these parties.  take extra precautions now, for sure, but ... as donny osmond so eloquently put it ... don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2012, 06:11:55 PM »

It does seem to me fairly obvious- you invite people to wander around backstage who aren't actually fans and are total strangers- isn't that a pretty daft idea? I wouldn't throw a house party and invite complete strangers in from the street to wander around and have a look around my house! It's asking for trouble really.
The fan or model/not-a-fan issue isn't relevant. Being a fan doesn't preclude you from being a thief.

Ali
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2012, 06:14:37 PM »

Doesn't matter if it's worth $2 or $200,000 ... horrible horrible feeling having your stuff stolen

I agree, that's why I said I despise thieves.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2012, 06:17:41 PM »

You must live in the illusion that everybody who gets a pass is a close friend or family to the band.

Also, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if you're a fan or not. If you have some kind of morals, you would know better than to grab somebody else's shit just because you can.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2012, 06:32:18 PM »

Yeah, true- a thief is a thief and that's the end of it. I think by the 'not being a fan comment' I meant more along the 'lack of respect' lines.

I've been backstage at many shows, including arenas, and there always seems to be freeloaders and people out for themselves- just doesn't seem wise to be actively encouraging that really, from a security point of view. Looks like they've learnt the hard way with this theft though, sadly

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2012, 06:55:05 PM »

So is this going to be an end to the models getting VIP passes? The band rehearsing "Perfect Crime" yet?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:56:36 PM by raindogs70 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2012, 07:01:58 PM »

So is this going to be an end to the models getting VIP passes?

You're saying no models should get VIP passes? How about role models? How about miniature train models?

Tongue

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: