Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:45:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Mic Toss
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Mic Toss  (Read 26868 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2012, 07:44:59 AM »

Wow.

I mean, wow.

I just got a call from the Hard Rock.  My mic is being mailed to me from directly from GnR.  Clay Hudson, I love you!

I honestly am overcome with emotion.  Amazingly, I was in the car with the friend who's mic this is when I got the call.  I was on the phone with my dad, who is also currently in the hospital after having, and on my life I am not making this up, his 7th heart attack, and was able to hear the voicemail at the same time as my friend.

We both completely lost it.  I can't believe it. Amazing!

AMAZING! AMAZING AMAZING!

I want to send a thank you that I'm not really sure how to express in words to someone I know from 2 emails, and 2 emails only, Jarmo, who clearly did something to pull this off for me.  I don't know you, but man, THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  I needed this right now. You are awesome!

Thanks to everyone else that helped too.  You guys are awesome!

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

...and thanks to you too Axl if you had anything to do with this.

Whooo!!!

Congrats Saltzy  Cheesy
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2012, 09:25:12 AM »

See? now you got for free.... Grin

How was that free? Grief and time spent in getting this sorted wasn't free  Roll Eyes  That said, pleased that "sorted" is now the status, thank god for the interweb thingy  beer

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2012, 09:27:59 AM »

Very cool! Post pics when you get it  Smiley

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2012, 09:49:45 AM »

Sorry guys I did not mean "dummy" as in none working mic, it is just not the one he uses all show but does the end of PC with instead.

Congrats on getting the mic back though that is amazing, kudos to everyone working on this!! beer
saltzy23
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2012, 06:14:09 PM »

Thanks again guys.

There is no way I would have got it back if it wasn't for the fact that the powers that be heard a bunch of people were pissed off after hearing about this and realized their best bet was just to give me back the mic.

I am still beyond amazed this actually worked. 
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2012, 06:35:59 PM »

Thanks again guys.

There is no way I would have got it back if it wasn't for the fact that the powers that be heard a bunch of people were pissed off after hearing about this and realized their best bet was just to give me back the mic.

I am still beyond amazed this actually worked. 

Many Guns fans have been to that 'beyond amazed' place  peace

If there is ever a problem anywhere, just post.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »

Wow.

I mean, wow.

I just got a call from the Hard Rock.  My mic is being mailed to me from directly from GnR.  Clay Hudson, I love you!

I honestly am overcome with emotion.  Amazingly, I was in the car with the friend who's mic this is when I got the call.  I was on the phone with my dad, who is also currently in the hospital after having, and on my life I am not making this up, his 7th heart attack, and was able to hear the voicemail at the same time as my friend.

I want to send a thank you that I'm not really sure how to express in words to someone I know from 2 emails, and 2 emails only, Jarmo, who clearly did something to pull this off for me.  I don't know you, but man, THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  I needed this right now. You are awesome!

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Whooo!!!

Congrats Saltzy  Cheesy

Very happy for you saltzy23, post pics of the mic when it comes..... can't wait.  Smiley
J.Hanover
Opening Act

Been a fan for 24+ years!

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2012, 09:06:34 PM »

Hell Yeah! Congratulations fellow GN'R Brother! Glad this worked out for you. Hope your dad gets better and you and your friend treasure this mic. Hopefully it will be signed by Axl but if not it still rocks. Jarmo you are the man and Bumblefoot I wouldn't expect anything less, the man is a class act with Dj anf the whole band for that matter.
Guns and Fucking Roses 4 life!

1st GN'R Show 10/22/1989!
Just took my 13 yr old son to the 11/9/12 show
Now he's hooked!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2012, 12:31:04 AM »

he still paid $100 for it originally....
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2012, 08:56:38 AM »

And the dude gave him his $100 back right after security took it....

Axl is God.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2012, 03:25:48 PM »

Congrats  beer beer

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
hunter80
Headliner

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2012, 04:23:45 PM »

Congrats!

Last night the security girl by the soundboard told me to get ready to grab the mic at the end of the show. Seems like things have changed a bit after this.

11/8/02, 11/10/06, 11/11/06, 11/2/11, 12/13/11, 12/16/11, 12/27/11, 2/21/12, 11/3/12, 11/17/12, 11/24/12, 5/24/14, 5/25/14, 5/30/14, 5/31/14, 6/7/14, 4/9/16, 8/15/16, 11/17/17
aranxas
Opening Act

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2012, 06:14:35 PM »

Wow, this is just amazing!

I think it's the first time security is forced to act normally after bullying the fans and I'm really impressed that so many people (saltzy, Jarmo, Ron and who knows how many people from the GN'R camp) had a part in straightening out a situation that was really unfair and shameful for an otherwise Great residency.

Proud to be a GN'R fan and a member of this board!

"I see you singing along, you bunch of downloading motherfuckers"
J.Hanover
Opening Act

Been a fan for 24+ years!

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2012, 10:21:36 PM »

Proud to be a GN'R fan and a member of this board!
[/quote]

I'll second that quote. Very proud to be a member of this board/site and a GN'R fan and one who went to the Vegas residency.

1st GN'R Show 10/22/1989!
Just took my 13 yr old son to the 11/9/12 show
Now he's hooked!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2012, 11:07:02 PM »

And the dude gave him his $100 back right after security took it....

thanks for clearing it up!

ok

missed that in the story.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2012, 04:20:57 PM »

I tried to catch it in Nashville last year... I watched the end of a lot of shows to try and figure out which side and how far back to be when he threw it.  Most of the shows I saw he throws it way back so I moved to the very back of everyone on the floor during Paradise City... When they finished Axl's like, "GOOD FUCKING NIGHT" and then he barely tosses it towards the front... fucking UNDERHANDED if I remember correctly... Fuck My Luck  rofl

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »

I have noticed that the last two shows security HASN'T been running into the crowd.  peace I'm glad they got set straight!

Axl is God.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2012, 01:38:31 AM »

Just to clarify, Axl doesn't ask for the microphone back. If somebody claims otherwise, it's not true.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2012, 12:26:45 PM »

I'm so happy for you saltzy! Enjoy this fine memorabilia!

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2012, 01:58:05 PM »

Wow.

I mean, wow.

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Guns....N'....Roses....

Thats awesome man!! when i read your story it truly hit home with me (as i posted a topic about how my whistle i cought from House of Blues Chicago was stolen from my house). http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=64861.0

It is exactly what you described "our GnR moment" and to have it taking away is terriable!Glad the power of the internet and good people and band member came together and helped you out!  now your story is even better to tell  smoking

I leave for Vegas on Friday morning and have floor tix for both nights and im hoping the good Karma can help me out as well!! the chances if catching a whistle/mic again are pretty slim but hopefully something majical will happen!  cheers man glad you got mic back!!  beer

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print