Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:05:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Mic Toss
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Mic Toss  (Read 26858 times)
saltzy23
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2012, 02:30:21 PM »

Yeah, I saw that when you originally posted it.  That really sucks dude.  If only from the invasion of privacy standpoint.  I feel for ya.

Honestly, I am pretty amazed how few GnR concert used items are even out there for purchase, or have sold or been auctioned off in the past.

Obvioulsy I have no intentions of ever selling the mic when I get it, but the capitalist in me got the better of me these last few days, and I have scoured the internet looking to see how much others have sold for.  I literally have yet to find a single one either for sale, or that has EVER sold.

Basically, it seems like anyone that has ever got one has no intentions of ever selling it.

It sucks for you being that you had your whistle stolen, but just being honest, I kinda love the fact that I am getting something that you literally cannot buy anywhere, even if you have the cash to burn.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:50:24 PM by saltzy23 » Logged
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2012, 03:47:37 PM »

I don't care if I was homeless, my mic will never leave my possession. I have seen a couple pop up on ebay and such in the past, but I don't remember how much they went for. It would be kinda hard to prove it was Axl's anyways, anyone can buy that model mic and red cover thingy. Someone at work have me this cool stand thing for it, I'll post a pic when I get home.

Axl is God.
saltzy23
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2012, 04:15:28 PM »

I don't care if I was homeless, my mic will never leave my possession. I have seen a couple pop up on ebay and such in the past, but I don't remember how much they went for. It would be kinda hard to prove it was Axl's anyways, anyone can buy that model mic and red cover thingy. Someone at work have me this cool stand thing for it, I'll post a pic when I get home.

Ha.  Again, just so that no one thinks I did this to make a quick buck or something, I have precisely NO interest in selling it or anything like that.  If anything this whole fiasco is going to wind up costing me money as I plan on giving it the ol' deluxe framing job before I give it to my friend.  I have told him he will be permitted one visititation to 'play Axl' if he would like before it is put behind glass forever to never be touched again.

I think I mentioned it already, but the plan is to get a 5x7 of this pic which is from like 30 seconds before he tossed the mic at last Saturday's show when we got it, and 'put it on the left'

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/saltzy23/GnR%20Mic%20Pics/55041352764212985309.jpg

Then, find the best shot I can find of Axl singing with a/the mic at these Hard Rock residency shows.  'Put it on the right'.

Then put the mic in the middle with the ticket stub from the show underneath it. 

Black frame, black shadow box. 

Give it to my buddy. 

Done.

I think it's gonna look sick when it's all done.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:17:48 PM by saltzy23 » Logged
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »

Ha.  Again, just so that no one thinks I did this to make a quick buck or something, I have precisely NO interest in selling it or anything like that.  If anything this whole fiasco is going to wind up costing me money as I plan on giving it the ol' deluxe framing job before I give it to my friend.  I have told him he will be permitted one visititation to 'play Axl' if he would like before it is put behind glass forever to never be touched again.

I think I mentioned it already, but the plan is to get a 5x7 of this pic which is from like 30 seconds before he tossed the mic at last Saturday's show when we got it, and 'put it on the left'

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/saltzy23/GnR%20Mic%20Pics/55041352764212985309.jpg

Then, find the best shot I can find of Axl singing with a/the mic at these Hard Rock residency shows.  'Put it on the right'.

Then put the mic in the middle with the ticket stub from the show underneath it. 

Give it to my buddy. 

Done.

That'll look badass!!

Axl is God.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2012, 06:24:15 PM »

Give it to my buddy. 

Done.

have plans very similar to that when I get my mic signed this weekend (hopefully) - been holding it since February waiting to get it signed!
J.Hanover
Opening Act

Been a fan for 24+ years!

« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2012, 11:01:30 PM »

All you guys talking about your mic's and what your going to do with them, how your going to get them signed. How your going to mount them. What your going to do with them.
LUCKY BASTARDS!
When I went on Nov 9, Friday night I knew it was going to be hard to get the mic but I tried. I stood right up in the balcony and waited but I guess Axl hasn't been hitting the gym cause it never got close. Why I ask, it was only a 100 feet down and 100 feet away. I knew I should have brought the large net with the extending arm but security was tight and I wanted to make sure my 13 year old son had the time of his life and he did. That's one of the reasons I bought tickets in the balcony, so he could see the show without having to struggle or get slammed by some crazy guy or have some girl spill beer on him (that happened at Motley Crue to him). The only thing that sucked up there is everybody just wanted to sit and watch, half the time people stood up and then sit down, lame shit! But he loved it and now he wants a hat just like DJ and his ipod is filled with every song from "Live like a suicide" to Chinese Democracy and everything in between.

I'm happy that you, saltzy23 are going to get your mic and axlrosegnr, well your at every damn show you bastard and you got your mic signed, your just living the dream a lot of us wish the could. And cotis, I hope you get your mic signed!

much love and
Guns and Roses 4 life!

1st GN'R Show 10/22/1989!
Just took my 13 yr old son to the 11/9/12 show
Now he's hooked!
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2012, 01:42:05 AM »

All you guys talking about your mic's and what your going to do with them, how your going to get them signed. How your going to mount them. What your going to do with them.
LUCKY BASTARDS!
When I went on Nov 9, Friday night I knew it was going to be hard to get the mic but I tried. I stood right up in the balcony and waited but I guess Axl hasn't been hitting the gym cause it never got close. Why I ask, it was only a 100 feet down and 100 feet away. I knew I should have brought the large net with the extending arm but security was tight and I wanted to make sure my 13 year old son had the time of his life and he did. That's one of the reasons I bought tickets in the balcony, so he could see the show without having to struggle or get slammed by some crazy guy or have some girl spill beer on him (that happened at Motley Crue to him). The only thing that sucked up there is everybody just wanted to sit and watch, half the time people stood up and then sit down, lame shit! But he loved it and now he wants a hat just like DJ and his ipod is filled with every song from "Live like a suicide" to Chinese Democracy and everything in between.

I'm happy that you, saltzy23 are going to get your mic and axlrosegnr, well your at every damn show you bastard and you got your mic signed, your just living the dream a lot of us wish the could. And cotis, I hope you get your mic signed!

much love and
Guns and Roses 4 life!
But like the majority of Gunners, you already have the best prize in the best container - the memory in your heart - enough said  smoking

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »

2 weeks after being told it was on its way back to me, and no mic yet.

Combine that with the fact that the band has to be getting on a plane to India any day now, and that the residency has been over for a week and I am seriously starting to wonder if anyone ever actually dropped the thing in the mail for me.

I'm trying to not be a dick or anything, but getting it at the show, having it unjustifibly confiscated, to then be told I would get it back, only to then never have it sent to me would be pretty fucking cruel.  Certainly after my friend and I were so excited after hearing it was being sent back to us and I actually started planning how I was gonna display it.

I tried getting contacting the woman at the Hard Rock that left me the voicemail, but other than a simple reply email saying she was looking into it, and that she was sorry for the delay, she has no information for me.

I honestly hope I am wrong, but unless I am missing something I am running out of days for it to possibly get here, assuming it was/is being sent from Vegas.

Hi Saltzy,

Check your PM's
saltzy23
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »

Holy Mary Mother of God.

I take back every fucking word that may have even been misconstrued as talking shit about this band, the Hard Rock, anyone here, or anyone else.

I just got the mic.

I honestly am finding it hard to type now.

The mic is signed in silver paint pen....BY THE ENTIRE FUCKING BAND!!!

I haven't even had a cahnce to get a hold of my friend yet, but he will know when he checks his voicemail.

This is so fucking amazing.  I am speechless, which if you knew me, you'd realze is quite a rare event.  My dad, who is stuck in a house with a wife deterioting in front of him, and who wouldn't know Axl if he delivered him a pizza was blown away and had a solid laugh over it.

Thank you GnR, and whoever else made this happen.

Jarmo, thanks man.

Pics to come.
saltzy23
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2012, 08:33:40 PM »

FernandoR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2012, 09:08:54 PM »

So fuckin' awesome.
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2012, 09:41:35 PM »

That's so fudgin AWESOME man congrats!!!!   ok ok  Your friend is going to love it.
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »

Where is axls signature?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2012, 12:46:54 AM »

That's amazing that he got some of the band members to sign the mic for you -- for your friend.  Enjoy.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2012, 01:49:42 AM »

Very cool, glad you finally got it  Smiley  can't spot Axl's usual sig either but maybe it didn't fit so the one with X looking thing is his

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
Jester
Headliner

« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2012, 02:32:21 AM »

Excellent ending to the story, pays to persist sometimes... 

Also, cool and ironic that it's got Beta's name on it too!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2012, 03:24:36 AM »

Absolutely awesome... The things I would do to own that myself.  hihi Congats man!!!...
Annie
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2012, 09:54:53 AM »

That's so beautiful. I am very happy for you. It brings a tear to my eye. Cry  love
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2012, 10:53:27 AM »

So here's how dumb I am, I go back and look and search for Beta's sig....hahaha. Yup.

Axl is God.
saltzy23
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2012, 11:05:09 AM »

So here's how dumb I am, I go back and look and search for Beta's sig....hahaha. Yup.

No, he is actually right.  I posted the pics on mygnr.com, and at least from what I being told the signatures are:

-Bumblefoot
-DJ Ashba
-Tommy Stinson
-Dizzy Reed
-and Beta

Maybe someone here can confrim?  Maybe tell me what show it was from, or really just finding anything about at ALL would be absolutley amazing.

Either way, I'm like a pig in shit today.  Just so fucking badass.  Amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: