Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 430869 times)
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #640 on: March 11, 2014, 04:34:25 PM »

Who even sent that email? Is it credible? The gnr3dmovie.com page is still up

Officially cancelled in Dutch cinema:
www.pathe.nl/film/19947/guns-n-roses-3d-captured-live-the-joint-las-vegas/agenda

(Due to licensing it was indeed)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #641 on: March 11, 2014, 04:36:22 PM »

Can we agree that if it were Slash, Duff, Bucket, Robin...or anyone that is no longer in the fold, Axl or TB should have no problem telling us that?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #642 on: March 11, 2014, 04:38:22 PM »

Can we agree that if it were Slash, Duff, Bucket, Robin...or anyone that is no longer in the fold, Axl or TB should have no problem telling us that?

No, not necessarily.

If there is still an opportunity to resolve the disagreement on licensing and get the DVD/Blu-ray release out, what benefit would there be to going public about any disagreements/issues?

That's the caveat, the big "if", to your statement, IMO.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #643 on: March 11, 2014, 04:42:01 PM »

No, not necessarily.

If there is still an opportunity to resolve the disagreement on licensing and get the DVD/Blu-ray release out, what benefit would there be to going public about any disagreements/issues?

Would you then agree that by choosing to say nothing, you can't get too pissed if people speculate that you were, in fact, the problem?

Speculation is just that, speculation, correct?  And is it credible to get pissed about people incorrectly speculating its you as you sit on stone cold proof you are innocent here?  If you choose not to correct the record, you can't get too pissed at misinformation, no?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #644 on: March 11, 2014, 04:45:24 PM »

I could not understand why it was never announced on the official website. However I've got a slash bluray with lot's of GN'R songs on so I can't see what problem there would be. But super pissed off! It's beyond a joke.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #645 on: March 11, 2014, 04:46:32 PM »

No, not necessarily.

Would you then agree that by choosing to say nothing, you can't get too pissed if people speculate that you were, in fact, the problem?

Speculation is just that, speculation, correct?  And is it credible to get pissed about people incorrectly speculating its you as you sit on stone cold proof you are innocent here?  If you choose not to correct the record, you can't get too pissed at misinformation, no?
I haven't seen anyone from the GN'R camp getting pissed yet.  So, I don't see any reason to go there just yet.  But, if they do, I can understand where you're coming from.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #646 on: March 11, 2014, 04:48:16 PM »

I could not understand why it was never announced on the official website. However I've got a slash bluray with lot's of GN'R songs on so I can't see what problem there would be. But super pissed off! It's beyond a joke.
People outside the US may not be aware of this, but the "Made in Stoke" Blu-ray was NOT released in the US.  I just went to Amazon and saw it was only available as an import.

So, I wouldn't cite that as proof that licensing issues/restrictions cannot exist.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #647 on: March 11, 2014, 04:48:52 PM »

No, not necessarily.

I haven't seen anyone from the GN'R camp getting pissed yet.  So, I don't see any reason to go there just yet.  But, if they do, I can understand where you're coming from.

Fair enough, Ali.  Agreed.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #648 on: March 11, 2014, 04:53:32 PM »

No, not necessarily.

Fair enough, Ali.  Agreed.

I don't know if there is a delicate middle ground to be found.  Perhaps they could say, "We are trying to work through some remaining issues in order to secure the necessary agreements for a Blu-ray release."  Perhaps that would only make things worse or just not help.

But, yes, the silence can be good behind the scenes, but confusing for fans and fuel for idle and potentially completely off base speculation.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #649 on: March 11, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »

That way I see it, if you know for a fact you were not the problem and choose not to say it, you have to ignore people speculating it was all you.

If you know you are right, let that be enough for you.  If you want people to stop "spreading lies", then correct the record.

Sadly, things NEVER go that way with our gang here.  They say nothing, then rip people later for speaking without "the facts" (that they never shared with us).

Its a bad set-up.  Just leads to ill will all around.  It leads to people blaming Axl for everything under the sun, and "complaints, complaints, complaints" type statements from management.

No one wins.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #650 on: March 11, 2014, 05:01:29 PM »

So because GN'R doesn't say anything, or point fingers, you automatically need to get pissed at GN'R because you assume it's their fault?

And if they did say what the reason is/was, then what? Yes sir, the old "it's just excuses"....  Besides, maybe the best thing is to not say anything while the issue is worked out?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #651 on: March 11, 2014, 05:06:32 PM »

So because GN'R doesn't say anything, or point fingers, you automatically need to get pissed at GN'R because you assume it's their fault?

And if they did say what the reason is/was, then what? Yes sir, the old "it's just excuses"....  Besides, maybe the best thing is to not say anything while the issue is worked out?

/jarmo
Unfortunately, that's what seems to happen.  I can take a step back and realize that there are a litany of factors at play here.  But, unfortunately, it seems like the knee jerk reaction of many to blame the band.  If nothing else, because it's easy and convenient.  Not because it is correct.

If the issue is being worked out, or if they're trying to work it out, I agree they should stay silent and not jeopardize anything by airing dirty laundry publicly.

But, I think what is being said is that for better or for worse, there is down side to that silence.  That doesn't make it right, but it seems to me to be the way it goes.

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #652 on: March 11, 2014, 05:10:06 PM »

/jarmo

All I'm going to say is that they really should, at the very least, make a statement about this, if it is in fact cancelled.

It would be a shame if, like the Better video, alternate covers, Brain remixes, second album - etc., this was simply swept under the rug....And, like those other cancelled events, we become the assholes for speculating as to why.  I really hope that doesn't happen here.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #653 on: March 11, 2014, 05:10:23 PM »

I'm not pissed at anybody.  I never thought this thing was going to happen anyway.

I'm just kicking around questions with the rest of the gang here.  Trying to figure out what's what.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #654 on: March 11, 2014, 05:21:02 PM »

Unfortunately, that's what seems to happen.  I can take a step back and realize that there are a litany of factors at play here.  But, unfortunately, it seems like the knee jerk reaction of many to blame the band.  If nothing else, because it's easy and convenient.  Not because it is correct.

If the issue is being worked out, or if they're trying to work it out, I agree they should stay silent and not jeopardize anything by airing dirty laundry publicly.

But, I think what is being said is that for better or for worse, there is down side to that silence.  That doesn't make it right, but it seems to me to be the way it goes.

Ali

Agreed all around.

But as sofine11 says, having it go by the wayside and simply never addressed again is not the play.

This organization already has too many Chuck Cunninghams.

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #655 on: March 11, 2014, 05:32:59 PM »

This band need real professionals to manage them and yes that is what it all boil down to.

I think Beta is a lovely person but with the likes of Fernando going around calling GNR his band yet having no credentials or experience to back up his talk, where is he  when thinks need to be explained like today?

Also it's easy to tell press and cinema's were hesitant to promote this at first, but eventually they came around when the website appeared.
They will know better in future

But this all leads up to the question ..when are actions and decisions going to be made to stop blackening the GNR name and I mean the GNR of 2014 not the old band.
GNR or new GNR need their chance to shine!?!
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #656 on: March 11, 2014, 05:40:54 PM »

I said i was pissed.. But not at anyone in particular.

It just amazes me that a website can be launched and a publicity campaign started for what must be still one of the most recognised bands in the world for it to be realised 3 weeks before the event that there are complications. Besides this has actually been going on for a year and a half.

More importantly, US the fans are the ones who have shelled out on tickets to attend the various cinemas and made plans etc.. Now don't give me any they don't owe us bullshit. A statement should be released in order to stop us all second guessing.

The band needs a management adept at dealing with a BIG band!!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #657 on: March 11, 2014, 05:42:23 PM »

All correct.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #658 on: March 11, 2014, 05:44:45 PM »

This band need real professionals to manage them and yes that is what it all boil down to.

Because in the past the band released so many concert films? Meaning, films without the old band. No they didn't!

The band needs a management adept at dealing with a BIG band!!

Please.
Why are all the mangers who were "adept at dealing with a big band" gone if they did such a great job with GN'R?

It just seems like you're repeating what others are saying in order to sound important. What exactly do you know what management does or doesn't do?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:47:17 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #659 on: March 11, 2014, 05:47:01 PM »

Because in the past the band released so many concert films? Meaning, films without the old band. No they didn't!

/jarmo

What has that got to do with anything? This film was announced.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: