Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 07:38:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227994 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR playing Buffalo Outer Harbor in Buffalo, NY on June 5th!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR playing Buffalo Outer Harbor in Buffalo, NY on June 5th!  (Read 24784 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2013, 10:47:26 PM »

Guns 'n' Roses kick off Outer Harbor concert season with massive spectacle

The Axl, not the wheels... Guns n? Roses kicks off Outer Harbor Summer Concert Series on Wednesday with first area show in more than 20 years.

Guns N? Roses has been a band plagued by controversy and internal dissent from the beginning, but one constant in the group?s tenure has been virtuoso hard-rock guitar playing. Of course, the GN?R that the world initially fell in love with in the late ?80s was all about guitarist Slash, whose killer tone, attitude-infused solos, and in-your-face riffs defined the GN?R sound for so many. Slash has been gone for a long time, and he?s not at all likely to return, so alienated from vocalist and current band leader Axl Rose has he become over the years. But the line of supreme guitar playing in the ranks has remained unbroken, with the mysterious shredmaster Buckethead having served a stint under Rose?s rule around the time of the ?Chinese Democracy? release.

Now, the jaw-droppingly intense and highly inventive Bumblefoot (Ron Thal to his mom) is handling the primary six-string duties in the GN?R lineup. Bumblefoot ? and you should check YouTube for some examples of his prowess, if you are unfamiliar with him ? will be flanked by former Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson, as well as guitarists Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed when Guns N?Roses arrives for a show at 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Outer Harbor concert site.

This will be the first Guns N? Roses show in Western New York in more than 20 years. Tickets are $43 advance (Town Ballroom box office, Ticketmaster).

? Jeff Miers

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/gusto/2013/05/guns-n-roses-kick-off-outer-harbor-concert-season-with-massive-spectacle.html
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:53:03 PM by HBK » Logged

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2013, 10:54:09 PM »

Guns 'n' Roses kick off Outer Harbor concert season with massive spectacle

The Axl, not the wheels... Guns n? Roses kicks off Outer Harbor Summer Concert Series on Wednesday with first area show in more than 20 years.

Guns N? Roses has been a band plagued by controversy and internal dissent from the beginning, but one constant in the group?s tenure has been virtuoso hard-rock guitar playing. Of course, the GN?R that the world initially fell in love with in the late ?80s was all about guitarist Slash, whose killer tone, attitude-infused solos, and in-your-face riffs defined the GN?R sound for so many. Slash has been gone for a long time, and he?s not at all likely to return, so alienated from vocalist and current band leader Axl Rose has he become over the years. But the line of supreme guitar playing in the ranks has remained unbroken, with the mysterious shredmaster Buckethead having served a stint under Rose?s rule around the time of the ?Chinese Democracy? release.

Now, the jaw-droppingly intense and highly inventive Bumblefoot (Ron Thal to his mom) is handling the primary six-string duties in the GN?R lineup. Bumblefoot ? and you should check YouTube for some examples of his prowess, if you are unfamiliar with him ? will be flanked by former Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson, as well as guitarists Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed when Guns N?Roses arrives for a show at 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Outer Harbor concert site.

This will be the first Guns N? Roses show in Western New York in more than 20 years. Tickets are $43 advance (Town Ballroom box office, Ticketmaster).

? Jeff Miers

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/gusto/2013/05/guns-n-roses-kick-off-outer-harbor-concert-season-with-massive-spectacle.html

Yeah saw this already, if one is going to write about the band they could have taken 5 minutes to find out who does what IMO.  Junk.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2013, 10:36:25 AM »

To say that GnR "was all about guitarist Slash" proves that this hack knows nothing about this band!  True, Slash was instrumental to Guns back in the day, as were Izzy, Duff, Steven, and, oh yeah, Axl, the greatest frontman of all time!  Hold on, need to play me some Get in the Ring.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2013, 07:39:38 PM »

Monster Truck are apparently the opening band for this show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDSXAEz8PfM

Definitely one of the better opening bands Guns' has had smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2013, 08:01:43 PM »

Monster Truck are apparently the opening band for this show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDSXAEz8PfM

Definitely one of the better opening bands Guns' has had smoking

You going?
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2013, 10:36:27 PM »

facebook.com/WSmyersPhotography

twas the night before gnr and not a creature had rest..the light guys and soundmen swinging from the rafters wiring their best ? with Neal Brodfuehrer, Sean Lafferty and After Dark.

----

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2013, 11:08:45 PM »

facebook.com/WSmyersPhotography

twas the night before gnr and not a creature had rest..the light guys and soundmen swinging from the rafters wiring their best ? with Neal Brodfuehrer, Sean Lafferty and After Dark.

----

Ovni ?

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2013, 11:34:53 PM »

hmm your right what is it? nervous
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2013, 10:38:32 AM »

Alright ladies and gents...showtime's almost here.  Can't wait.  The venue looks great and from listening to recents shows, the band sounds awesome.  Anyone else going?  Hopefully I'll get to see Jarmo and the crew. 
fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2013, 10:42:51 AM »

im leaving in an hour or two, be at the venue a couple hours after that. First time for me, so i cant fucking wait.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2013, 10:59:39 AM »

Dude, you're in for a treat.  This will be my third show.  We got a crew of 8 rolling up in a limo (we live about an hour away).  Not quite sure what time we'll actually get there (we have VIP tickets so I'm assuming that means a roped off area near the stage so we don't have to be the first people there to get a good spot).  Enjoy the show.
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2013, 04:38:08 PM »

I'll be the guy in the black and white plaid fedora, with the beat up GnR jacket on, with the Appetite logo on it. Feel free to look for me and say hey gang!! Trust me..you can't miss the hat from a mile away...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:39:52 PM by LordRazZ » Logged

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2013, 10:09:24 PM »

Jarmo | HTGTH.com ‏@htgth
Show time in Buffalo, NY @gunsnroses live!

Chinese Democracy
You know where you are? You're in a windy funking city! Welcome to the Jungle
It's So Easy,
Mr Brownstone
Estranged
Better
Rocket Queen
Richard Fortus Guitar Solo
Live And Let Die
This I Love
Used To Love Her
Motivation
Band Introductions
Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (No Quarter)
Catcher In The Rye
You Could Be Mine
Dj Ashba Guitar Solo (Mi Amor)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Jam (Another Brick In The Wall: Part 2)
Axl piano solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)
November Rain
Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Objectify)
Don't Cry
Civil War
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Jam/Nightrain

Encore:
Jam/Patience
The Seeker
Jam/Paradise City
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:41:41 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2013, 10:32:17 PM »

Here Today... Gone To Hell!
Buffalo

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2013, 10:47:59 PM »

Buffalo

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2013, 11:20:08 PM »

Guns N' Roses ‏@gunsnroses
Everyone say "hi Beta!" RT @HthrHayes The one and only @bumblefoot @gunsnroses #buffalognr pic.twitter.com/QozSMx8jmW

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2013, 07:16:24 AM »

Buffalo

Wow, I'm loving Ron's new guitars... The sunburst doubleneck and also this neat sunburst Les Paul which just looks gorgeous by the way. A nice solid setlist as well for this show, Guns seem to have made Catcher a staple in the set now. Although I do want to see Sorry and Street Of Dreams return.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2013, 07:46:57 AM »

Buffalo
[img]http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/e419271ece5011e2868722000aaa088a_7. Guns seem to have made Catcher a staple in the set now. Although I do want to see Sorry and Street Of Dreams return.

I prefer Sorry and SOD over CITR as well but wouldn't complain about this setlist..
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2013, 08:52:55 AM »

Holy shit...what an awesome show!  GnR completely owned it!  They sounded awesome, and got to hear Civil War.  Seriously, every song was kick ass.  Axl seemed to be having a good time.  They put on one hell of a show...which makes for one hell of a work day today!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2013, 09:47:11 AM »

great show once again! very windy and brisk.

surprised it wasn't snowing!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: