Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:03:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Interview with Larry King
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Interview with Larry King  (Read 13899 times)
Princess Leia
« on: October 24, 2013, 08:10:05 AM »

Great interview with very good questions, and the always reunion speculation.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-on-possibility-of-guns-n-roses-reunion-if-it-happens-one-day-it-happens/#Q4xs2tlqYO6v24m0.99

smoking
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:34:13 AM »

The full interview is up on Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/larry-king-now
http://www.hulu.com/watch/548786
overmatik
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »

That was a very serene interview. Slash seems more comfortable and happy that he has ever been. It seems that the relationship with a stable singer for the last couple of years has made a lot of good for him.
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 01:15:15 PM »

I just got done with it.  Very very good interview.  Some repetitive questions, but I think that is to be expected when you hear a Slash interview.  Some of the questions were original though which I thought was great.  As overmatik said, Slash was very comfortable.  The Axl supporters won't like his summed up reasoning for leaving GNR, but oh well that is how he sees it. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 01:21:55 PM »

No the Axl worshipers will say that hes using the GNR name for his self promotion....

you know.... how dare they ask Slash of all people about Guns N roses....ha

he should be clear with these questions tho... that he has no say in a GNR reunion

i for one really like the Conspirators and cant wait for the next album

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 01:24:44 PM »

this leads to one of my biggest gripes with the GNR name being used...

google the term Guns N roses... and its filled with stories about ex members (slash.s recent interview, matt;s wedding, Gilby being fired)... the name can never move away from them

but it helps sell tickets.... so i get it

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 02:14:58 PM »

Yeah I don't know about that.  That would be like telling an interviewer to not ask Mark Hamill about Star Wars.  Or to write a news story about Mark Hamill and not mention his role in Star Wars.  Its just not going to happen
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 02:19:48 PM »

Yeah I don't know about that.  That would be like telling an interviewer to not ask Mark Hamill about Star Wars.  Or to write a news story about Mark Hamill and not mention his role in Star Wars.  Its just not going to happen

im in agreement about that

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »

The Axl supporters won't like his summed up reasoning for leaving GNR, but oh well that is how he sees it. 

Yeah, and as you said, it was a "summed up" reason on Slash's part, not anywhere near the full reasoning.  It seemed Slash just explained it as quickly as he could so he wouldn't have to dwell on it too much.  I respect the fact that he was as diplomatic as he was.

However.....

Sure it can.  If Mark Hamill says he won't talk about it, and won't do the show if someone asks.  Pretty simple to me.  Slash could've (and has in the past) done the same.  For the last number of years, he's been refusing to speak about Axl or the possibility of a GNR reunion.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:31:33 PM by Bridge » Logged
Princess Leia
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 08:53:22 AM »

This interview was with Larry King. I?m sure Slash felt it would be wrong from his part to tell Larry what was allowed and not allowed to ask.

One thing is an interview with Larry King and another thing is an interview with a comedian in a radio or t.v. show
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 10:54:42 AM »

Awesome interview! There will NEVER be a better band than Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Steven. That's a fact. I like the new GNR, but it will NEVER compare!!!! 
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 03:45:47 PM »

This interview was with Larry King. I?m sure Slash felt it would be wrong from his part to tell Larry what was allowed and not allowed to ask.

I disagree.  If someone really wants to avoid talking about something, they'll avoid it -- either by telling someone in advance, or by not doing the show if they feel they can't make a request to not to ask certain questions.  Either way, Slash had a choice and could've avoided it if he really wanted to.  As it stands, he did a good job fielding the questions as quickly and diplomatically as possible (especially that question about Axl's Hall of Fame absence).

One thing is an interview with Larry King and another thing is an interview with a comedian in a radio or t.v. show

Yeah?  How about Axl's appearance a year ago on a well-respected late night show such as Jimmy Kimmell?  Notice how not one question about Slash or a GNR reunion was asked.  I wonder why that was.  Coincidence? 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 03:51:14 PM by Bridge » Logged
Princess Leia
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 05:32:35 PM »

I disagree.  If someone really wants to avoid talking about something, they'll avoid it -- either by telling someone in advance, or by not doing the show if they feel they can't make a request to not to ask certain questions.  Either way, Slash had a choice and could've avoided it if he really wanted to.  As it stands, he did a good job fielding the questions as quickly and diplomatically as possible (especially that question about Axl's Hall of Fame absence).

Yeah?  How about Axl's appearance a year ago on a well-respected late night show such as Jimmy Kimmell?  Notice how not one question about Slash or a GNR reunion was asked.  I wonder why that was.  Coincidence? 

Do you really think that Jimmy Kimmell, Conan O?Brien or Howard Stern do the same type of show as Larry King? Letterman does  a much more respected late night show. And still is not the same as Larry King. I really wish that Axl also gives an interview to Larry King. And I hope he will be willing to talk about a variety of issues.

In the case of Slash it was a self impossed rule. Well you know the cliche rules are made to be broken. With Larry King he decided to break that rule. Or maybe all of a sudden Slash feels that he doesn?t want that rule anymore. And now he is willing to answer questions about GN?R.

If I was either Axl or Slash I would do the same. If I?m giving the interview to Larry King I will be open to any kind of questions. If I go to the Kimmell show I will be bullshitin about a Halloween tree.
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 09:03:53 PM »

Yeah I'm with Princess Leia on this one.  You go to speak to a Larry King, Charlie Rose, etc. you don't make demands on what questions are asked.  You have to walk into that interview as a professional and expect questions that span your entire career, warts and all even if its repetitive.  To be honest, its an honor that Slash was interviewed by a legend like Larry King. 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 01:19:17 AM »

Thanks, WAR41, for posting the links!   Smiley    Enjoyed listening.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 03:22:43 PM »

not "seeable" for people outside the USA. anyone got a link for the complete interview for the rest of the world please?

Re-Union time, baby!!
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 04:01:31 PM »

You are very welcome lynn1961!  Its definitely a good interview.

Sorry Limulus, your best bet is probably to scour Youtube or filesharing sites for the full interview.  Good luck. 
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 12:03:42 AM »

That was a great interview and I am thankful for being able to watch it, but I must say it was weird seeing Slash on that show, and I think Larry King is the most unexpected talk show host to interview Slash that I can imagine. What was Slash doing there? Who arranged it and why in the world did Slash agree? I think the naive questions were awkward, clearly King knows nothing about Slash, his history, or Guns. He clearly did not read the autobiography (they have interns or staff who write the questions). At the same time, the direct questions are not what you get with typical rock interviews. All in all, though, a great interview.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 10:21:46 AM »

That was a great interview and I am thankful for being able to watch it, but I must say it was weird seeing Slash on that show, and I think Larry King is the most unexpected talk show host to interview Slash that I can imagine. What was Slash doing there? Who arranged it and why in the world did Slash agree? I think the naive questions were awkward, clearly King knows nothing about Slash, his history, or Guns. He clearly did not read the autobiography (they have interns or staff who write the questions). At the same time, the direct questions are not what you get with typical rock interviews. All in all, though, a great interview.

Slash has been doing the rounds to promote the new movie and let people know that a new album is coming.  Because he is a rock legend and I believe King is based in Los Angeles it was pretty much a no-brainer.  Its not everyday that you get to be the focus of an interviewer for a half hour, and King is trying to build up his audience for his new show and stay relevant.  I think it was a mutual thing. 
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 12:49:10 PM »

not "seeable" for people outside the USA. anyone got a link for the complete interview for the rest of the world please?

It's on dailymotion,the whole thing.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »