Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:43:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2014 South America tour setlist
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 South America tour setlist  (Read 39847 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 07:36:51 AM »

They will play the hits and that is what most people look forward to hearing not including us devoted fans on the message boards. Best were gonna get is maybe 4-6 different songs in the set list, some illusion era songs not previously played and maybe just maybe something new or something they haven't played in years.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 09:16:47 AM »

They will play the hits and that is what most people look forward to hearing not including us devoted fans on the message boards. Best were gonna get is maybe 4-6 different songs in the set list, some illusion era songs not previously played and maybe just maybe something new or something they haven't played in years.

And you're no ok with this?  Of course they're going to play the hits (what band doesn't)?  I get that essentially it has been the same tour, same setlist, for several years...but there has been (officially confirmed) reports that this upcoming tour is to have 2-3 new songs.  I'll take that, especially since there's no new album to tour behind.  You can't expect them to completely swap out the setlist and play obscure songs that only us forum fans want.

What is up for debate is what does "new" mean?  (i) CD era songs, (ii) previously unplayed UYI songs, or (iii) brand new songs from the current lineup.  I think BBF has put the kibosh on option (iii), but I'd be fine with a combo of (i) and (ii).   
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 10:24:41 AM »

I think in our heart of hearts we all know that "new songs" will mean a new cover, and something like 'Yesterdays' dusted off.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 10:30:18 AM »

I think in our heart of hearts we all know that "new songs" will mean a new cover, and something like 'Yesterdays' dusted off.

I fear you're right, since the only changes that have been made in the past are more covers (The Seeker, Whole Lotta Rosie) and UYI songs (Estranged, Civil War).

A man can dream, right?
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 12:53:05 PM »

The seeker, riff raff and the neil young song were "new" covers. Whole lotta rosie is old.Let's not hope for Heartbreak hotel... rofl
I think that in our heart of hearts we wish for new songs.period.
A perfected Oh my God and a couple more leftovers from CD.

Which we can't tell if the songs from those sessions are actual leftovers or simply put aside for future work. the word leftover is lowering...

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 01:54:17 PM »

The seeker, riff raff and the neil young song were "new" covers. Whole lotta rosie is old.Let's not hope for Heartbreak hotel... rofl
I think that in our heart of hearts we wish for new songs.period.
A perfected Oh my God and a couple more leftovers from CD.

Which we can't tell if the songs from those sessions are actual leftovers or simply put aside for future work. the word leftover is lowering...

Correct.  Sorry, I meant Riff Raff.  Yeah, OMG, Silkworms, and some other CD era stuff would be great.  It's certainly doable...we all know the names of several songs that are in various stages of completion.  There's no reason why it can't be any one of those songs.  Correction:  there is a reason...it just can't be blamed on the evil record company.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 02:07:15 PM »

My concern with a brand spanking new song done live would be if they totally fuck it up and it gives you a bad impression of it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 02:21:56 PM »

My concern with a brand spanking new song done live would be if they totally fuck it up and it gives you a bad impression of it.

True, but to me the holy shit factor of hearing a completely new song outweighs any technical issues that could arise by playing it live.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »

Oh My God, I would totally be just 'omagad'  Tongue new songs would be teh pwn too

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 02:48:42 PM »

True, but to me the holy shit factor of hearing a completely new song outweighs any technical issues that could arise by playing it live.

Oh, I agree there.

I just look at it like 'Prostitute'.  Tried twice right away, then never again.  And for obvious reasons, it sounded terrible.

Given the band's aversion to proper preparation, it seems to me that some honest to god new song will be a total wing it sort of deal.  And if it bombs, it gets retired quickly.  So the only bootleg version we'd have is that first shaky performance.

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 09:02:44 PM »

Too bad there is no one on this board from South America.  Nope, no one here from South America at all.  Wink

Oh well ...   

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2014, 04:14:05 AM »

From what I heard at the sound check, the current band can handle Oh My God just fine. But obviously we don't know how it was played, what synths were added or even if there was recorded parts in there too, but it sounded amazing.

I'm guessing you would have Ron doing the Navarro/Bucket solo, and Richard/DJ handling the rhythm.

Can't wait to hear OMG live again...  Cheesy
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 05:24:47 AM »

Did GNR ever play Since I Don't Have You?

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 09:40:45 AM »

Did GNR ever play Since I Don't Have You?

Only as intro to Sweet Child in 93. I would not want that in the set.I love hearing it on record though.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 10:01:14 AM »

I'm not sure if I know this... but I definitely fear it.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 04:49:09 PM »

Don't Damn Me would be a nice addition
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 05:08:08 AM »

I don't see Guns N' Roses bringing the same setlist and the same presentation and the same show to Brazil for the third time in (pretty much) only a small set of years. 

Would they do that?  Would they find that exciting themselves?  Hardly.  But who knows.

I was a little surprised, when I saw that last Rock in Rio show.  The set list and presention.  It was like a re-run.  That said, given the weather (and Axl having a fever), and the late show time, the band stuck it on the wall pretty, pretty good!  Estranged was so cool.

spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 11:13:46 AM »

Oh My God was just... sick live. I watched it from the front row in Rock in Rio III and I wanted to smash skulls !! The song was so fuckin' powerful, it kicked major ass. The chorus was savage live, it works so well!!! I hope Oh My God gets back on the set list the same way I do want Oh My God on a new album. This song is so good it deserves a second chance.
I wish they play a few new songs and maybe one or another thing from Illusions (Dead Horse or Yesterdays would be very cool). But I think it's funny how some fans say "Oh open with The General " or any other new song. We only know about working titles!! Some songs don't fit as openers (depending of their styles)  and as we don't know these songs, we can't even have an opinion of where they would fit in into the set list. wow!
 I kinda miss 2009 and 2010 because there were more Chinese Democracy songs. Songs like IRS, If the World, Shackler's and Scraped are so strong live. Anyway I also dig the oldies back in town like Estranged, Civil War or even 14 Years.
There was a video from someone who filmed a small part of Oh My God from a rehearsal somewhere in the world (maybe it was in Brazil) but I don't have it. Anyone?

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 11:16:47 AM »

Not sure if I can post links here if not sorry Jarmo! Here's it I found it at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fy2zjfhxU0

I really wanted to know how did Oh My God sounded on those last two gigs with Paul in Vegas.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2014, 11:38:26 AM »

Not sure if I can post links here if not sorry Jarmo! Here's it I found it at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fy2zjfhxU0

I really wanted to know how did Oh My God sounded on those last two gigs with Paul in Vegas.

Even from several hundred yards away and through a fence...that sounded sick!  Tommy killed it on bass!  Would really like to see how this lineup would play it.  I agree that OMG is an underated song...perhaps it's because when it came out it was just there by itself on an island with no support or follow up.  I think it's a great song and with proper backing could be huge.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: