Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:31:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227941 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135659 times)
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2014, 04:34:33 PM »

Any thoughts on what will be played ?
Last year Metallica played 3 songs i think,one with Halford.
I go for one new and unheard song,one out of CD and possibly Paradise City to end the whole show.And everyone is happy  Grin

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2014, 05:53:42 PM »

I wouldn't really fault them not doing a new song at this thing.

Unless its one they play each night on the tour first.  If its a regular part of the setlist.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2014, 07:07:54 PM »

Makes very little sense to play a new track unless you have scheduled its release by that time.

I understand that it makes sense for fans because it means hearing a new track, but in the big picture.... Maybe not?
It would certainly create some buzz though....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »

Yeah, I agree.  Its more of a casual show.

That said, so was the VMAs in 2002.  But we still got some 'Madagascar'.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2014, 01:35:42 AM »

Exactly. That was 2002. This is now.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 10:40:39 AM »

But using Jarmo's rationale, why did we get 'Madagascar'?  Was a release imminent?  No.  It was still 6 years away.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2014, 10:41:53 AM »

I cant believe that was 12 years ago already, man time flies.  The cool thing about that is that they sandwiched "Madagascar" in between 2 of their biggest hits.  If they were to play a new song or part of a new song that would be the way to do it.  .  That way the casual fan is happy they saw the hits and we can all go nuts over whatever new song they just played, which was exactly what we did in 2002.  Although in 2002 I think it is safe to say they could have come out and played "My World" and we would have been just as excited.  hihi
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2014, 10:43:24 AM »

But using Jarmo's rationale, why did we get 'Madagascar'?  Was a release imminent?  No.  It was still 6 years away.

Yes, but they were actively playing that song live at the time.  It would make no sense to play a new song at this thing without releasing it on itunes or at the very least have it in the set list for the upcoming shows.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2014, 10:46:36 AM »

I thought a new song meant something we haven't heard. My mistake.

Part of Madagascar was played at the VMAs, true. But many of us had heard it already. I personally remember hearing it the first time on a Brazilian RealAudio stream of the gig at Rock In Rio in January 2001... Not exactly a high quality stream.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2014, 10:54:09 AM »

I thought a new song meant something we haven't heard. My mistake.

Part of Madagascar was played at the VMAs, true. But many of us had heard it already. I personally remember hearing it the first time on a Brazilian RealAudio stream of the gig at Rock In Rio in January 2001... Not exactly a high quality stream.  hihi

/jarmo

Maybe it's just fond memories but I remember loving that stream.

If the whole "three new songs being played live" rumour is true, maybe we'll get something - even if it's not a brand new track but just a song they've dusted off. It's a pretty good way to get buzz going since the media would pick up on it.
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2014, 12:38:34 PM »

Same thing as Madagascar is Going Down. Will it count as new ?  Most hardcore fans have heard it months now.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2014, 12:43:02 PM »

It wasn't played live previously, unlike Madagascar which was a staple in the set in Europe in 2002 (before VMAs).

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2014, 12:50:23 PM »

Same thing as Madagascar is Going Down. Will it count as new ?  Most hardcore fans have heard it months now.

Yeah, but as a leak of suspect quality.

I think it would still qualify as a big deal if it became part of their set this month.

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2014, 06:46:54 PM »

I always wondered why Axl played TWAT, IRS and Better at Hammerstein.   These songs were only known via the leaks. 
Annie
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2014, 07:34:20 PM »

Annie and Bitty Ted will be attending this show!
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2014, 12:12:12 AM »

Any thoughts on what will be played ?
Last year Metallica played 3 songs i think,one with Halford.
I go for one new and unheard song,one out of CD and possibly Paradise City to end the whole show.And everyone is happy  Grin

Jungle, Child, City.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »

I always wondered why Axl played TWAT, IRS and Better at Hammerstein.   These songs were only known via the leaks. 

And that is what fueled the speculation that the band perhaps released them on the sly.  Because if they were supposedly so incensed, why did they happen to play the songs that leaked, and even make jokes about it?

Personally, I never really bought that the band was really behind them and played dumb.  But circumstantially, you can see how it looked that way.

fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2014, 12:02:32 AM »

I'm really looking forward to this show. If I had to guess the set I'll say CD, jungle, whole lotta Rosie with zakk wylde, mama kin with Sebastian & Steven Tyler, PC with a lot of guest jamming it with them. I'm gonna guess Sebastian & Lars present the award to him. Either way its gonna be a fun festive night. I will be there with the usual posse. So Annie & who ever else is going. come up & say hello.  Also what tax did u get? We got pit tixs. (Dont push me too hard, I'm still injured.) Lol.
Annie
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2014, 09:40:28 AM »

Bitty Ted and I will be in the VIP balcony. Hey Jesse can you take pictures inside the venue? Bitty Ted wants to make videos with cool people that we meet.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:42:03 AM by Lumen » Logged
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2014, 11:30:34 AM »

Of course we will take pics. We'll have tony with us too, & I'm pretty sure he takes a OK pic. Lol, balcony?Huh U guys should rough it in the pit with us!!! Dont you wanna be close enough to see Jonathan Davis lip sync?? Sorry korn fans!!! Its sad but true.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: