Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:53:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135698 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2014, 10:41:59 PM »

Tommy won't be on tour... Is he out and Duff in??  I know he had conflicts in SA, I see no conflict now..

It may be to boost ticket sales.  Last year, the event sold out within hours.  There are still quite a few tickets available...

Apr 18, 2014

http://www.revolvermag.com/featured/2014-golden-gods-tickets-on-sale-now.html

I don't buy that.  If this was a GN'R solo show, I think that would be more likely, but for a event like this, I don't see what the incentive would be for GN'R to agree to this.

Furthermore, this may have been the plan all along if you consider this quote:

"Stinson, who will be back in the GNR bass saddle on May 13 in Bethlehem, Pa."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=2340

Ali

I was talking about a guest spot to boost sales.  Not replace Tommy??

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2014, 10:58:47 PM »

I agree with the quote, this was all planned out.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2014, 11:17:17 PM »

If Tommy doesn't have any conflicts, why would they have Duff play at this event and have Tommy return on May 13th?

JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2014, 11:18:57 PM »

If Tommy doesn't have any conflicts, why would they have Duff play at this event and have Tommy return on May 13th?

Tommy has a rib injury.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2014, 11:21:05 PM »

Tommy has a rib injury.

That's what I posted a few posts back.  Do you have a source?  That would make sense then, Duff filling in again.  Hopefully nothing serious.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2014, 11:33:07 PM »

Who knows, and what does it matter anyway?

If Tommy was going to return for the next full show, then this was always the plan.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2014, 11:44:54 PM »

If Tommy was going to return for the next full show, then this was always the plan.

Ali

What does it matter anyway?  I doesn't make any sense.

If Tommy is injured and Duff is filling in - that article was posted on April 2nd.  So it wasn't always the plan.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2014, 02:24:46 AM »

Ali

What does it matter anyway?  I doesn't make any sense.

If Tommy is injured and Duff is filling in - that article was posted on April 2nd.  So it wasn't always the plan.

Reread the article. It states that Tommy would rejoin for the PA show. If the article is correct, this was always the plan.

Given that no official confirmation of any injury has been made, I don't see how that ca be assumed to be part of anything.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2014, 02:44:15 AM »

Reread the article.

Ali

I posted the interview.  I've read it.

It states that Tommy would rejoin for the PA show. If the article is correct, this was always the plan.

Ali

This would be the next full show on the GN'R schedule so it makes sense that Billboard would say that.

Why does this "always" have to be the plan?

Ali
Legend

« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2014, 10:19:51 AM »

Reread the article.

Ali

I posted the interview.  I've read it.

It states that Tommy would rejoin for the PA show. If the article is correct, this was always the plan.

Ali

This would be the next full show on the GN'R schedule so it makes sense that Billboard would say that.

Why does this "always" have to be the plan?

If you've read the article (because you posted it), then you're familiar with the quote I cited, correct?

Then, consider the fact that perhaps the Billboard article wasn't only considering full GN'R shows.  The quote I cited would then include and consider the Golden Gods performance.

Tommy didn't have any direct conflicts with the show in Buenos Aires on 04/06, did he?  The first Coachella show was on 04/11.  Yet, he still missed that show.

It doesn't have to "always" be the case.  Perhaps this was a last minute decision due to Tommy's injury.

But, perhaps it wasn't.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2014, 10:27:14 AM »

It looks like there are three scenarios.  Duff will be appearing as a guest player with Tommy, Tommy is injured and Duff is filling in, or they have decided for some reason to use Duff for this show instead of Tommy.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2014, 10:28:49 AM »

Watch the Revolver Golden Gods Live in Its Entirety Tomorrow!

Apr 22, 2014

The 2014 Revolver Golden Gods goes down tomorrow, April 23., with performances by Guns N? Roses joined by Duff McKagan, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, A Day to Remember, Suicide Silence, Zakk Wylde, The Pretty Reckless, and more!

Tickets are still available at axs.com, but if you aren?t able to make it in person, you can still watch the show live in its entirety. Find out who is taking home this year?s Golden Gods Awards and check out all of the show-stopping moments and once-in-a-lifetime collaborations live on April 23 with the ?Black Carpet? pre-show action kicking off at 10 PM ET/7 PM PT on Amazon, VH1.com, VH1Classic.com and the VH1 app.

http://www.revolvermag.com/featured/watch-the-revolver-golden-gods-live-in-its-entirety-tomorrow.html

GOLDEN GODS 2014: GUNS N' ROSES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjzTR_9gpHM

Ali
Legend

« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2014, 11:24:14 AM »

It looks like there are three scenarios.  Duff will be appearing as a guest player with Tommy, Tommy is injured and Duff is filling in, or they have decided for some reason to use Duff for this show instead of Tommy.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Exactly.

All I'm saying is that perhaps that Billboard article was accurate, as in completely accurate including the Golden Gods show, and for whatever reason, Duff was slated to play this show.

Ali
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2014, 12:09:41 PM »

So who is the bass player in this band?

Why is there not a Million posts about this?

Doesn't this seem super strange to anybody, how did Tommy get hurt and where did that come from?

Maybe Axl really just adored playing with his old friend and kicked Tommy to the curb is that really possible?

There are a lot of questions about this

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2014, 12:20:47 PM »

All I'm saying is that perhaps that Billboard article was accurate, as in completely accurate including the Golden Gods show, and for whatever reason, Duff was slated to play this show.

Ali

You seem focused on the part of the Billboard article that says Tommy will be back on May 13th, which is the next full show on tour.  But you're ignoring the part where they say more than once that Duff is reuniting for 5 shows in South America.  Were is the mention of Duff joining the band for the Golden Gods Awards?  That's pretty big news.  Did Billboard miss that?

This seems to be a recent development, for whatever reason.  If it was planned all along why would they announce it a few days before the show when there are still tickets to be sold?  Revolver has been making a big push to sell tickets.

Are we arguing this point because if it was planned all along, thing are going according to plans?  If it was sudden, then something is "up" like some of the other sites are suggesting?

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2014, 12:49:56 PM »

Does anyone know what time the GNR performance starts? I would like to allow my son Jim watch the performance but it could be a late night. 
Ali
Legend

« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2014, 12:51:06 PM »

Ali

You seem focused on the part of the Billboard article that says Tommy will be back on May 13th, which is the next full show on tour.  But you're ignoring the part where they say more than once that Duff is reuniting for 5 shows in South America.  Were is the mention of Duff joining the band for the Golden Gods Awards?  That's pretty big news.  Did Billboard miss that?

This seems to be a recent development, for whatever reason.  If it was planned all along why would they announce it a few days before the show when there are still tickets to be sold?  Revolver has been making a big push to sell tickets.

Are we arguing this point because if it was planned all along, thing are going according to plans?  If it was sudden, then something is "up" like some of the other sites are suggesting?

Where is the mention of the Golden Gods in that article at all?

I'm not sure this is a recent development.  As I said before, All I'm saying is that perhaps that Billboard article was accurate, as in completely accurate including the Golden Gods show, and for whatever reason, Duff was slated to play this show.

I don't buy the ticket sales angle.  If this was a GN'R show, I'd understand your point.

I think this point is being argued because some people want to believe this is suggestive of some larger issue, when it may not be.  It may be a guest appearance, it may be an injury replacement issue, or for whatever reason, it may have been the plan all along (as incomprehensible as that seems).

Ali
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2014, 01:14:42 PM »

Maybe someone should call Scully & Mulder to get to the bottom of this.

Why does it have to be such a big deal?  I saw pics of Tommy and Duff playing/practicing together before Duff took over.  Everything looked cool on both sides.  I don't think its really that big of a deal.  Maybe they will both play.  GnR isn't afraid of filling a stage....

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2014, 01:31:23 PM »

Ali

I'm not sure this is a recent development.  As I said before, All I'm saying is that perhaps that Billboard article was accurate, as in completely accurate including the Golden Gods show, and for whatever reason, Duff was slated to play this show.

I don't buy the ticket sales angle.  If this was a GN'R show, I'd understand your point.

I think this point is being argued because some people want to believe this is suggestive of some larger issue, when it may not be.  It may be a guest appearance, it may be an injury replacement issue, or for whatever reason, it may have been the plan all along (as incomprehensible as that seems).

Ali

If Duff playing at the GG was part of the deal from the get go (I still don?t understand why we care if it was or wasn?t) then don?t you think it would have been mentioned when it was announced that Duff would be temporarily rejoining Guns?  Instead, every single article on the subject noted that Duff would be playing 5 shows as part of the SA Tour.  If he was also slated to play at the GG at that time, it would?ve been mentioned.

I think it?s clear that this developed after the fact.  I don?t know/care/have any conspiracy theories why, I just know it will be cool to see them together on U.S. soil.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2014, 02:31:43 PM »

Ali

Ali

If Duff playing at the GG was part of the deal from the get go (I still don?t understand why we care if it was or wasn?t) then don?t you think it would have been mentioned when it was announced that Duff would be temporarily rejoining Guns?  Instead, every single article on the subject noted that Duff would be playing 5 shows as part of the SA Tour.  If he was also slated to play at the GG at that time, it would?ve been mentioned.

I think it?s clear that this developed after the fact.  I don?t know/care/have any conspiracy theories why, I just know it will be cool to see them together on U.S. soil.

The problem is that the article in question which actually included quotes from Tommy and also stated he would be back for the PA show.  The issue is whether or not that was including or not including the Golden Gods show.  That detail would determine how clear it is when this was decided.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: