Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:21:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135708 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2014, 02:45:51 PM »

Where is the mention of the Golden Gods in that article at all?

Exactly.  If it was the plan at the time the article was written, Billboard would have mentioned it. Cheesy

I don't buy the ticket sales angle.  If this was a GN'R show, I'd understand your point.

I'm talking as a guest player.  Why not, they have brought Duff in before.

I think this point is being argued because some people want to believe this is suggestive of some larger issue, when it may not be.  It may be a guest appearance, it may be an injury replacement issue, or for whatever reason, it may have been the plan all along (as incomprehensible as that seems).

I thought so.  Unfortunately, as usual, we are all guessing in the absence of any information.  We may know more tomorrow, we may not. Undecided

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2014, 03:05:07 PM »

Where is the mention of the Golden Gods in that article at all?

Exactly.  If it was the plan at the time the article was written, Billboard would have mentioned it. Cheesy

I don't buy the ticket sales angle.  If this was a GN'R show, I'd understand your point.

I'm talking as a guest player.  Why not, they have brought Duff in before.

I think this point is being argued because some people want to believe this is suggestive of some larger issue, when it may not be.  It may be a guest appearance, it may be an injury replacement issue, or for whatever reason, it may have been the plan all along (as incomprehensible as that seems).

I thought so.  Unfortunately, as usual, we are all guessing in the absence of any information.  We may know more tomorrow, we may not. Undecided

My point was that they didn't mention the Golden Gods in that Billboard article at all.  So, I'm not sure you can say if this was the plan all along, that point would've been included.  It may not have been a point of discussion at all in the course of the interview with Tommy.

I don't buy that GN'R would bring Duff in to benefit the ticket sales of an awards show.  I don't know the economics, but the financial incentive to do so is certainly not as clear as it would be for a full GN"R show.

We don't have any information.  It certainly doesn't help that others on other sites are fanning the flames questioning whether or not this is of larger significance.

Ali
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2014, 03:14:30 PM »

Can you even consider the Golden Gods a "show" ??
Is it a "reception of an award with a performance" and not a "GNR Show" ??

The analysis is really gone to far on something as simple as symantics.

I welcome Duff, I welcome Tommy, I welcome anyone that wants to play and support the continuation of GNR music.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2014, 03:30:39 PM »

I don't buy that GN'R would bring Duff in to benefit the ticket sales of an awards show.  I don't know the economics, but the financial incentive to do so is certainly not as clear as it would be for a full GN"R show.

Maybe not for economic reasons, but this show is being broadcast.  Club Nokia only has 7,000 seats and the upper 5 sections are still open.

I agree. hihi

Ali
Legend

« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »

Maybe not for economic reasons, but this show is being broadcast.  Club Nokia only has 7,000 seats and the upper 5 sections are still open.

I agree. hihi

Well, then the perhaps the economically interested parties are more Revolver and VH1 if the concern is the appearance of the event during the broadcast.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2014, 04:15:19 PM »

I had that wrong. This award ceremony is at Club Nokia, not the Nokia Theater, so the seating capacity is only 2,300 not 7,000. 

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2014, 07:51:51 PM »

So one of the mods at MYGNR is confirming Tommy's injury.  Is that what's being said?

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2014, 08:53:06 PM »

I agree. hihi

Well, then the perhaps the economically interested parties are more Revolver and VH1 if the concern is the appearance of the event during the broadcast.

Ali

You don?t think the band has a vested interest in making sure it?s sold out?  Axl is the main attraction at the GG.  It wouldn?t look good for him or the band if there?s empty seats, especially if this sort of thing has been sold out in the past (I have no clue if it has or not). 

Having a sold out and energetic audience (in the U.S.) would say a lot about the viability of Axl and Guns in 2014.  Likewise, having a half-filled, apathetic audience would too.  Point is, I think the band cares about having a packed house.

Who knows if Duff was brought in to sell more tickets?  It certainly can?t hurt, but we have no clue if that was the motivating factor.  And when people have no clue (and an internet connection) the conspiracy theories begin.  My take:  who cares why Duff was brought in?  He?ll be there, so let?s enjoy it.  Period.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2014, 10:40:24 PM »

I agree. hihi

Ali

You don?t think the band has a vested interest in making sure it?s sold out?  Axl is the main attraction at the GG.  It wouldn?t look good for him or the band if there?s empty seats, especially if this sort of thing has been sold out in the past (I have no clue if it has or not). 

Having a sold out and energetic audience (in the U.S.) would say a lot about the viability of Axl and Guns in 2014.  Likewise, having a half-filled, apathetic audience would too.  Point is, I think the band cares about having a packed house.

Who knows if Duff was brought in to sell more tickets?  It certainly can?t hurt, but we have no clue if that was the motivating factor.  And when people have no clue (and an internet connection) the conspiracy theories begin.  My take:  who cares why Duff was brought in?  He?ll be there, so let?s enjoy it.  Period.

Your point about the attendance or enthusiasm towards this show being indicative of the attendance and enthusiasm for GN'R would make more sense if this was a GN'R only show.  This is an awards show and as such there are multiple performers, including The Pretty Reckless, Joan Jett and Suicide Silence.  So, how can you attribute the attendance or lack thereof to any one performer or presenter?

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2014, 02:01:47 AM »

Your point about the attendance or enthusiasm towards this show being indicative of the attendance and enthusiasm for GN'R would make more sense if this was a GN'R only show.  This is an awards show and as such there are multiple performers, including The Pretty Reckless, Joan Jett and Suicide Silence.  So, how can you attribute the attendance or lack thereof to any one performer or presenter?

Ali

"Guns N? Roses are slated to headline the 2014 Revolver Golden Gods Awards."

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2014, 02:04:52 AM »

Eddie Trunk:

4/22: GREETINGS FROM LA AND THE GOLDEN GODS AWARDS.

Greetings from Los Angeles. Here for a couple more days to host the Golden Gods Awards with Don & Jim tomorrow. Just came from rehearsal at Club Nokia. Should be a great night tomorrow with many stars from rock music as well as TV and movies in attendance. Looks like Nick Cage is giving Axl Rose his award tomorrow and Duff McKagan is going to play once again witb GnR. Duff is not fully in Guns, just filling in while Tommy Stinson performs with The Replacements. Should be cool to see Duff on stage with Guns once again though. They are going to play up to as many as eight songs tomorrow night I?m told.  Zakk Wylde and Joan Jett are among the other performers scheduled. Tons of artists attending and giving or getting awards. Me, Don and Jim will host and also do some backstage interviews that will be seen during the TV telecast. Many have asked me how this can all be seen? It will be streamed live tomorrow as it happens on www.vh1classic.com starting at 8PM Pacific/11 ET (pre show 1 hour before). Then an edited version of the event will air on VH1C May 24th at 8PM ET. I?m sure many repeat airings after that on both VH1C and Palladia. I?ll keep you guys posted best I can via my Twitter as the night unfolds @EddieTrunk I?ve attended this show several times since it happened but this is my first time as a host for it and it should be a blast and hopefully a great celebration of hard rock and metal! More soon.

http://eddietrunk.com/422-greetings-from-la-and-the-golden-gods-awards/

terozz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2014, 06:32:41 AM »

Why not. I would like to see him go, but of course not as much I would like to see DJ go. But the biggest thing would be to get Duff back, so more than anything I would like to see Tommy go. Also I would prefer it if Brain would return from his leave of absence, so I would like to see Frank out too.

So:
Axl = Axl
Tommy < Duff
DJ&Bfoot < Buckethead
Frank < Brain
Richard = Richard
Pittm?n < a keg of beer and Paul Tobias
Dizzy = Dizzy

And voila! A new new gnr lineup would be born.

Boromir
VIP

« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2014, 07:30:38 AM »

Excited...  ok

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2014, 08:03:54 AM »

Nick Cage giving the award, that's pretty funny. is he a known Gun's fan?

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2014, 08:22:37 AM »

8 songs....WOW  Shocked

I would have thought 3.  I think the trick is to watch the stream, because I bet they edit it down on the rebrodcasts.
I'm in airports the next two days, so here's hoping the internet is sufficient.

Toronto 10/29&30/17
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2014, 08:28:02 AM »

Jarmo and KAt are both great photographers.  Just coming to LA for 2 nights. It's a little crazy but I think it will be a magical night like the Brooklyn Bowl

I'm surprised its Cage given what Jarmo posted earlier....

Cool though.

Toronto 10/29&30/17
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2014, 09:20:51 AM »

sorry the dumbass question, but nick cage > nickolas cage? the actor?
If so, AWSOME! haha

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2014, 09:35:31 AM »

Ali

Thank you Funky Monkey.  This is, for intents and purposes, a mini-GnR show.  Yes, there are other bands, but is anyone else billed as the headliner, and will anyone else play 8 songs? 

Note:  I think it?s great that Axl and Guns are being recognized as the headliners for this.  He has an opportunity tonight (through playing and what I hope is an entertaining acceptance speech) to remind folks that Guns is still around.  This could be a catalyst for building some positive momentum. 

That?s why I think it?s important for them to have a packed house and an energetic crowd. 

Ali
Legend

« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2014, 10:26:45 AM »

Ali

Thank you Funky Monkey.  This is, for intents and purposes, a mini-GnR show.  Yes, there are other bands, but is anyone else billed as the headliner, and will anyone else play 8 songs? 

Note:  I think it?s great that Axl and Guns are being recognized as the headliners for this.  He has an opportunity tonight (through playing and what I hope is an entertaining acceptance speech) to remind folks that Guns is still around.  This could be a catalyst for building some positive momentum. 

That?s why I think it?s important for them to have a packed house and an energetic crowd. 

This is not a mini-GN'R show.  It is the Revolver Magazine Golden Gods Awards, and is billed as such.  Like I said, your point about the attendance or enthusiasm towards this show being indicative of the attendance and enthusiasm for GN'R would make more sense if this was a GN'R only show.  It simply isn't, so I don't buy that argument.

There is no confirmation that GN'R will play 8 songs.  That was just Eddie Trunk passing along a rumor.

Ali
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2014, 10:29:23 AM »

Regardless if its a GNR show or not...

i cant believe they are having trouble selling out 2500 tickets or so....you would think with all the different bands there that each fanbase would want to be in the building

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: