Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:31:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135689 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »

If it was a GN'R show. It's an awards show. Not a full length gig.
GN'R sold out the LA Forum in 2011, then played several smaller venues there in 2012.

Is your position that they would have no problems doing a nationwide tour here domestically in 2014, but just choose not to for whatever reason?
I'm not Jarmo, but it seems pretty clear to me that what you just wrote is not at all the point being made.  You mention a nationwide tour when the point was very clearly specific to the LA market, as brought up by Jaeball.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2014, 03:42:20 PM »

The Golden Gods show has no bearing whatsoever on GN'R's ability to draw on their own any more than Rock On the Range does:  which is none at all.

The shows here are a handful and not all that dissimilar from late 2012 to the Summer 2013 shows.

Which were trending in the wrong direction, no?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2014, 03:42:40 PM »

It is not a straight forward gig, its an awards show. People may not want to spend the amount of $ for something that is not a concert with full production etc. I deal with gigs 6 out of 7 nights a week and sometimes the interest is just not there.
 There are plenty of other acts on the bill that could pull punters also, so anyone blaming GN'R for this are idiots if you think its down to them that an award show is not sold out,
Someone who gets where I'm coming from. Thanks.

Ali

I am not blaming the slow moving ticket on GNR... like I said earlier it is strange with our fanbase and other acts performing... that they cant sell this...especially that GNR is from LA and Duff will be in the house

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2014, 03:42:57 PM »

If it was a GN'R show. It's an awards show. Not a full length gig.
GN'R sold out the LA Forum in 2011, then played several smaller venues there in 2012.

Is your position that they would have no problems doing a nationwide tour here domestically in 2014, but just choose not to for whatever reason?
I'm not Jarmo, but it seems pretty clear to me that what you just wrote is not at all the point being made.  You mention a nationwide tour when the point was very clearly specific to the LA market, as brought up by Jaeball.

Ali

Well, consider it a new line of questioning then.  I'll take your read on the situation too.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2014, 03:45:11 PM »

The Golden Gods show has no bearing whatsoever on GN'R's ability to draw on their own any more than Rock On the Range does:  which is none at all.

The shows here are a handful and not all that dissimilar from late 2012 to the Summer 2013 shows.

Which were trending in the wrong direction, no?
According to who?  If the first residency was unsuccessful, why would there be a second one?  I don't know the numbers, but that is my common-sense look at the situation.  I think the same thing would apply to the Crue's second residency.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2014, 03:46:44 PM »

It is not a straight forward gig, its an awards show. People may not want to spend the amount of $ for something that is not a concert with full production etc. I deal with gigs 6 out of 7 nights a week and sometimes the interest is just not there.
 There are plenty of other acts on the bill that could pull punters also, so anyone blaming GN'R for this are idiots if you think its down to them that an award show is not sold out,
Someone who gets where I'm coming from. Thanks.

Ali

I am not blaming the slow moving ticket on GNR... like I said earlier it is strange with our fanbase and other acts performing... that they cant sell this...especially that GNR is from LA and Duff will be in the house

That wasn't directed specifically at you.  Some clearly don't understand that this is not a GN'R show and therefore the attendance or lack thereof cannot be solely credited to GN'R any more than a festival show like Rock on the Range.

Ali
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2014, 03:47:43 PM »

Speaking for myself... as a US fan... i think we just find it upsetting that the current state of affairs is this way for a GNR show

It's not GN'R specific.... Sorry to burst your bubble. Reference this: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/metallicas-james-hetfield-orion-fest-was-a-disaster-financially-20140130

/jarmo

oh I understand that its not just a GNR problem... still upsetting tho

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »

According to who?  If the first residency was unsuccessful, why would there be a second one?  I don't know the numbers, but that is my common-sense look at the situation.  I think the same thing would apply to the Crue's second residency.

Well, here is another "common sense" look at the matter.

They are playing smaller and smaller spots here in the States.  This is not by choice.  Its not "intimate" and its not "up close and personal".  Its "we would take a bath trying to fill arenas we will filling up just a few short years ago".

As for the residency in Las Vegas, its a pretty low risk venture.  If you can't fill that small a spot in that town of all places, you might as well pack it in.  And weren't their reports these gigs were not sold out?  Is that encouraging?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2014, 04:20:04 PM »

To recap, the same people who are always complaining about management and the lack of promotion for the current band are now focusing on ticket sales on the eve of GN'R performing at possibly the biggest heavy metal awards show in the country?

Is that right?

Aren't these the same people who spent the last month complaining about the setlist for a successful tour that the band just did?
Funny. It's always something.....

Duff just played a bunch of shows on a very successful tour with GN'R, for the first time since 1993, and all you can focus on is the setlist?

I know some can't find anything good about the current band, but that was Duff playing with the band. Surely it's not "business as usual"? Maybe it is. Anyway, he's performing with the band tonight. Maybe it doesn't matter to you. Since you seem to be more interested in ticket sales for an awards show...

If you feel targeted about this post, maybe it's about you, maybe it's not.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2014, 04:22:47 PM »

To recap, the same people who are always complaining about management and the lack of promotion for the current band are now focusing on ticket sales on the eve of GN'R performing at possibly the biggest heavy metal awards show in the country?

Is that right?

No.  That's just your take because you have a persecution complex as big as the great outdoors.

I hope Axl kills it tonight.  I will not be home to watch it live, but it will be the first thing I call up when I return home.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2014, 04:25:43 PM »

Complex? Just check what you guys are talking about. It's not the show!

ok

It'll be a shorter than usual set so I'm interested in seeing what songs they'll pick....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2014, 04:45:59 PM »

Getting back to tonight's show, Jarmo any eta on when they take the stage?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2014, 04:48:49 PM »

Jarmo, will you be singing Every Rose Has It's Thorn tonight with the band?

Heard that rumor.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2014, 04:54:05 PM »

Getting back to tonight's show, Jarmo any eta on when they take the stage?

Shouldn't they close the show?

/jarmo

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2014, 05:05:10 PM »

Sure why not!   Are you wearing a nice suit?   It should be a great night!!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2014, 05:13:42 PM »

I'm at home, so I'm not wearing anything out of the ordinary....

/jarmo

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2014, 05:29:23 PM »

Haha well me neither.  Here's to a great night!   Got the stream tonight, Bethlehem a few weeks away, and then Las Vegas.  I am very excited!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2014, 05:38:57 PM »

Here's a sneak of the @gunsnroses #GoldenGods soundcheck!

http://instagram.com/p/nJSJ8nI0Mr/

Regarding the setlist.  The piano is there so November Rain.

Revolver's editor Brandon Geist said they chose Axl to receive the award.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2014, 06:36:07 PM »

Kat Benzova

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #199 on: April 23, 2014, 06:45:27 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »